Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
    Sure you can
    Ha! At last count I went to 20 plus...it was worth every minute...! Even the Alfond trip (doubt I'll do that next year but hey, who knows Almost took the bus but it's too late now for that. Gearing up for the game at home....Sage burning commences at 6:45 Head explodes at some point later. Seeing some of the USCHO gang last night was worth the trip alone... (sorry to have missed Chuck, Greg and who ever else was there..get a smaaart phone Chuck!) Maybe next year! Go 'Catsssss!!

Bring it 'Cats!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Ha! At last count I went to 20 plus...it was worth every minute...! Even the Alfond trip (doubt I'll do that next year but hey, who knows Almost took the bus but it's too late now for that. Gearing up for the game at home....Sage burning commences at 6:45 Head explodes at some point later. Seeing some of the USCHO gang last night was worth the trip alone... (sorry to have missed Chuck, Greg and who ever else was there..get a smaaart phone Chuck!) Maybe next year! Go 'Catsssss!!

Bring it 'Cats!!
      Careful before you know it you will be 13 years in without missing a home game and will already be searching for plane flights to Michigan and Notre Dame for the upcoming season. (Eek... 13 years?! that can't be right)
      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHHKYRKS View Post
        I will try as well!
        HKYRKS, that's great. I still owe you that beer for your extra Whitt ticket.

Taking the unexpected free afternoon to brew a batch of home brew in Waltham, Hockey East 4Cs IPA. Goes well with burning sage. But, I will be at the Garden in time for warm ups tonight. Go Cats!

Darius, to answer your comment about TV vs attendance on Snively's thread, I am really glad that I attended yesterday, as I got to meet a bunch of fine folks who post here that I had not met before.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          The way Goumas is playing he'll probably find a way on Hellebuyck. Still IMO any goalie would have had a tough time stopping both those goals.
          Goumas's second goal was put in by the PC defender. Goumas lost control a bit and the D tried to swipe it away from the net, but put it into the net instead.

Agosta's goal was quite fortunate as well, deflecting off of two Friars into the net.
          113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Don't forget boys and girls: NESN+ tonight. Two nights in a row of bad news for those in the dorms. Two nights in a row of good news for Libby's, The Knot and Scorps.
            You sure? Xfinity guide has HEA championship game listed for both NESN and NESNHD.

Hmm, seems it shifts to NBCSP at 8:30.
            Last edited by freak; 03-22-2014, 03:15 PM.
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Been there done that with an ELP shirt a few decades back ...
              OMG!!!!! Sacrilege!!

Such is the exalted status of ELP at the WIS Estate that until the kids probably reached the age of 10, they believed Dad when he told them the names of the Three Wise Men were Keith, Greg & Carl. True story.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                You sure? Xfinity guide has HEA championship game listed for both NESN and NESNHD.

Hmm, seems it shifts to NBCSP at 8:30.
                It is on regular NESN until 8:30. Then it switches to Bruins pre-game.
                The whole game will be on NESN+

The game is listed on NBC sports but will likely be blacked out in this market like it was last night.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Here's hoping Dick gets his long over due WHALE.

Bring it 'Cats!!
                  That would be in a few weekends' time in Philly. Tonight it's for HE Tourney trophy #3. GO CATS!!!
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Hey Snively65 we were staying in Waltham last night at the Westin! Again so fun to meet you all...I would go down in a heartbeat tonight if I had a ride from even Manchester; hate to drive in Boston so if there's anyone out there who is going from the ManchVegas area I'll buy a tix and give gas $$, parking, etc. BTW we parked right across the Gahden last night cheap; 12 bucks bought it online. Don't know if it's available tonight...So you guys have fun and I'll most likely "lose it at home" (aerman..haha) watching it on NESN

Ooops..almost forgot, Sonar, DID go buy some sage today and plan on burning it prior to the game (outside tho; my hubby always thinks its..you know... )

Good Luck 'Cat fans, where ever you are!!!

Bring It 'Cats!!
                    Should have taken the Downeaster from UNH, or commuter rail from Haverhill. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.
                    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Have fun tonight, folks. My jealousy has reached the point of insanity. I was at the last Garden Party, which, as Chuck will tell you, was far too long ago.
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                        Should have taken the Downeaster from UNH, or commuter rail from Haverhill. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.
                        I was actually thinking of doing this as I was going to watch the UNH gymnastics meet at the 'Whitt with mu daughter and then hop the train to Boston...things didn't line up...plus it was going to be getting back kind of late then I'm an hour from home. Some kind of fan I am!! Thanks Anyhoo...now if they make it to Philly.... . Now that's some whaling!

Bring It 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          Have fun tonight, folks. My jealousy has reached the point of insanity. I was at the last Garden Party, which, as Chuck will tell you, was far too long ago.
                          I know right? Sigh...here's to many more such events!

Bring It 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            OMG!!!!! Sacrilege!!

Such is the exalted status of ELP at the WIS Estate that until the kids probably reached the age of 10, they believed Dad when he told them the names of the Three Wise Men were Keith, Greg & Carl. True story.
                            What did you do when Cozy Powell entered the picture???

Comment

Good luck tonight. Go Cats.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                Nice win last night, very solid performance. Couple comments from previous posts:

Attendance: The cameras faced the sections where at least the UML sections were and I don't think that many stayed for the second game (I can't say, because I did not). I think we brought as many, if not more, than you did last night, but that didn't help perception. That being said, with neither BC or BU, the casual Bostonian was less likely to buy a ticket. With four different fan bases in a neutral arena, it's hard to get the attendance up. It's just the same problem that the NCAAs struggle with.

Related: I expect both UNH and UML to bring even more fans today than yesterday. This should make for a pretty awesome atmosphere. This level of success is still relatively new/rare for UML so we're all easily jacked at this kind of thing and UNH (apologies if wrong) hasn't been to finals in a bit, so I think your fans are also psyched to be in it again.

I'm nervous about this game, but if we play like we did yesterday, we should be ok. All I ask is a clean, exciting game where nobody gets hurt so we both have our best chance in the NCAAs should we get there.

See you guys there!
                                I like your sentiments, because the only way "WE" will both get there is if the Cats win tonight. Can you throw us a bone here?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X