• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Minute, Hand Shakes - UNH 3, PC 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i1xo2SmNc
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

ncaafan500 is nothing but a troll

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014 Post-Season Thread: "Maybe Dick" Hunts the Great White Whale

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
        oh sorry, I mean they clog up the middle, ND was a better team , Lowell got some cheap goals and barried both pp, but I almost fell asleep.
        It takes a special kind of idiot to watch a team get totally locked down and shut out and then still say they were the better team.

Congrats.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

So pumped for tonight!!! Just managed to get someone to switch shifts with me so I can make it down to the Garden for tonight. Working on about 4 hours of sleep but its worth it. Go 'Cats!!!

Comment

nice job. Best of luck tonight . I'd love to see Umile get this , good guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan422 View Post
              And on a similar note I doubt both of Goumas' goals go in on Hellebuyck. Don't get me wrong UNH played great tonight but they're going to have a harder time scoring tomorrow because Lowell is very good defensively. And UNH's goals weren't that pretty tonight. Hate to be a downer and 'that' guy and I'm definitely pumped they're back in the finals (never would have guessed that 2-3 months ago) but UNH will certainly have a tough time scoring tomorrow.

Now go prove me wrong, Cats. I would love to see Lowell lit up!
              Hey Ryan pretty or not we' ll take it! You have a point that that Hellebuyck is a wall out there and UNh faces a formidable task to score on him but he does have his weaknesses like all goalies do. It can be done. My biggest concern ( and believe me Mr. Hellebuyck is one of them) is UMl plays a highly aggressive game kind of like Union. We gotta be equal to the task. Thrilled to be in the Finals and it sure better be on TV with all I have invested into it at this point as I'm doubting I'll get to Boston ...

Let's Go 'Cats!!!!!!!!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan422 View Post
                And UNH's goals weren't that pretty tonight.
                The cool thing about hockey is the ugly goals are worth the same amount as the pretty goals. As long as it hits the back of Lowell's net I don't care how it goes in.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Goumas gets my "YOU DA MAN" award for his performance last night at the Garden. His shortie in the second period to make it 1-0 was a thing of beauty. Goumas is leaving it all on the ice right now and it's great to see him get rewarded for his efforts. Keep it up CATS!!!
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan422 View Post
                    And on a similar note I doubt both of Goumas' goals go in on Hellebuyck.
                    The way Goumas is playing he'll probably find a way on Hellebuyck. Still IMO any goalie would have had a tough time stopping both those goals.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      oh sorry, I mean they clog up the middle, ND was a better team , Lowell got some cheap goals and barried both pp, but I almost fell asleep.
                      How was Notre Dame "the better team"????

I missed the first period, so that must have been where they were "better" 'cuz the ND team I saw for the last two periods looked like the eighth place HE team they were all season long.

I'll give them this much ... as poorly as they played, their fans were even worse. Kudos to those who made the trek from South Bend, but the ND "Subway Alums" make our friends with "Bandwagon Nation" look like diehard Downeast Old Town UMaine-iacs. It was not difficult to pull for the Riverhawks last night, even if it means it will be a MUCH taller task for UNH tonight.

End of my Notre Dame *lovefest* (at least until the overrated bast!ds qualify for the D-1 tourney) ...
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

On another note, KUDOS to the UNH faithful for supporting the team last night at the Garden. Some Boston guys behind me said something like "man this is the place to sit, these UNH fans showed up in spades, cheer hard and are a fun group."

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          On another note, KUDOS to the UNH faithful for supporting the team last night at the Garden. Some Boston guys behind me said something like "man this is the place to sit, these UNH fans showed up in spades, cheer hard and are a fun group."
                          On that note anyone know if there will be a unh section and if unh is selling tix going down again tonight like to be I a unh section again. Will be taking the train so will be at the Whitt if they are selling tickets

Comment

First of all ... my apologies for missing the get-together last night. I wandered around the lower concourse between periods, but had lost track of what the plans were, as I do not have a SmartPhone (much to the ridicule of my kids BTW). I probably walked by most of you folks at some point, but I think the only folks I recognize from the old days are Greg Ambrose and (maybe?) e.cat, and I saw lots of UNH jerseys, but no one familiar. In retrospect, I probably should've put it out there that the confused looking, middle-aged guy with a faded Northwestern cap (yes, the old Expos' cap has officially been retired) was yours truly, and we all could have had some additional *fun & games* with the "Where's Waldo? Newfields version" that mess would have turned into.

Anyway ... I'm thrilled with how well the team played. As much credit as we all want to give to the players - and deservedly so - this was a team that was 100% prepared for its opposition. I'm not sure you could say the same about PC's preparation. You know what that means? I want some of our regular posters to make sure they are sitting down when they read this next bit ... but yes, last night was a tremendous example of UNH out-coaching the opposition in a post-season game. I know some of the PC fans have called into question the effort of their team, and I know PC has certainly played better than they did last night ... but what I saw out there was a PC team that was taken out of its game, ground down by a surprisingly effective UNH forechecking game, and one that saw a thoroughly frustrated PC team by the end of the evening. And while UNH certainly enjoyed some good bounces (Agosta) and barely beat the clock on Goal #3 - which I think I personally "quit" on nearly as much as some of the PC players did - let's not forget the only PC goal of the evening was directly as a result of a takedown of Maller that should have been penalized.

Past UNH teams might have been shaken by that goal ... but not this team, not last night.

It's a pleasure when your team shows up ready to compete, with a game plan, and pulls off a deserved postseason win in a "win or go home" setting. IF they can prepare AND play like that again for tonight's game, good things will happen.

Not going to be there tonight due to coaching duties elsewhere. Nevertheless ... GO CATS!!!
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Will have to be twice as loud tonight to compete with the Lowell crowd that will probably show up. Let's put an end to two in a row for UML.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

It was a great atmosphere over in "UNH"
                                land last night! The team really depends on that and I hope they (fans AND team show up tonight). Totally agree with your Kevin G comments; he is giving all he can...watched the post game replays and whoever was commentating called his skating "not pretty but efficient". Yeah enuf for 5 goals in two games...Since when is hockey "pretty" ! Whateva.

On another note....who's going tonight and who's covering it on the tube?

Bring it 'Catssss!
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X