DU vs WMU In the Inaugural Frozen Faceoff 3/21/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU vs WMU In the Inaugural Frozen Faceoff 3/21/14

Pioneers and Broncos-- Friday afternoon the fun begins.
    GO DU !!!

Re: DU vs WMU In the Inaugural Frozen Faceoff 3/21/14

Go Broncos!
    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Hard game,both teams are playing well.

Comment

Go MAC/CCHA

Comment

Not a whole lot of substance here.... My guess is that people, like myself, don't know what to even begin to say about this game.

WMU comes off a road sweep at tUMD... A feat achieved by many this year but wins convincing enough to make the argument the Broncos might finally be peaking at the right time. I think the seniors are really driving everyone on this team to keep grinding out wins to keep putting games on the schedule. The Broncos are dangerous... They deserve to be in the frozen faceoff. We're 4-0-1 this year on neutral Ice and I know of a few Lunatics who will be in attendance.

DU beat the Broncos 3x this year before Western got some puck luck in the third period of the last game. The played a tough UNO team to get to the Frozen Faceoff and they're looking to put more games on the schedule just like te Broncos.

Game could go either way, I think think the fact the Site is neutral tips the ice in favor of the Broncos. But our record against DU is keeping me grounded. Maybe Balisy and the rest of the Broncos can figure out how beat this team again. I have nothing against Denver, but if we lose I want Miami to take it all. CCHA brotherhood lives on!
          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
            CCHA brotherhood lives on!
            So you tout the ButtHurt Conference in one thread in a feeble attempt to troll former CCHA opponents and then come in here and are all "CCHA sisterhood" nonsense?

Also ... you live in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              So you tout the ButtHurt Conference in one thread in a feeble attempt to troll former CCHA opponents and then come in here and are all "CCHA sisterhood" nonsense?

Also ... you live in Detroit.
              I like Miami, they're not goons like Ferris. Miami would probably be a one seed if they played the same schedule Ferris did, infact they'd probably beat out Minne for the overall number one seed because they have the talent to win the games Ferris couldn't. Your argument is weak.

Also ... I live in Detroit, Palmer Woods neighborhood. Whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by hangout896
                WMU comes off a road sweep at tUMD... A feat achieved by many this year but wins convincing enough to make the argument the Broncos might finally be peaking at the right time. I think the seniors are really driving everyone on this team to keep grinding out wins to keep putting games on the schedule. The Broncos are dangerous... They deserve to be in the frozen faceoff. We're 4-0-1 this year on neutral Ice and I know of a few Lunatics who will be in attendance.
                Well said!

Hey wait.....

Comment

With 2 wins this weekend, Denver could keep its 12 year 20 game win streak intact and That would mean another trip to the NCAAs.

DU has played only 1 game on neutral ice and lost in OT 3-2 to UAA in Fairbanks back in October.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

DU and WMU last met 2/28 and 3/1 in Kalamazoo.
                    Pios won Friday 4-2. Broncos won Saturday 3-1.
                    Series total score 5-5

Does this portend a close game?
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                      I like Miami, they're not goons like Ferris. Miami would probably be a one seed if they played the same schedule Ferris did, infact they'd probably beat out Minne for the overall number one seed
                      Let's not get crazy here.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Tale of the tape

Scoring Offense goals per game
                        36 Western Michigan 2.63
                        37 Denver 2.62

Scoring Defense gpg
                        7 Denver 2.21
                        19 Western Michigan 2.55

Penalty min./ per game
                        2 Western Michigan 653/17.2
                        35 Denver 461/11.8

Power Play %
                        16 Denver 20.2
                        54 Western Michigan 13.6

Penalty Kill %
                        3 Denver 86.7 1 shorty scored
                        11 Western Michigan 84.7 7 shorties scored

nn=national ranking from College Hockey Stats
                        Last edited by vizoroo; 03-20-2014, 11:48 AM.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

How about that for some puck luck??? GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Good game DU! Best of luck tomorrow!

Comment

Good game, only 3 penalties, lots of goals and hits, changes in momentum galore. Neither team gave up and WMU's last minute flurry in the 3rd had my stomach in knots.

Good luck Broncos unril we meet again.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X