Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    You got defensive quickly.

I can't image a three hour trip leads to "bus legs" that severe that the team needs to leave Thursday just to get a light skate in that night. But, I will defer that to you because you have dealt with it much more than I have. For as much time as the 'Cats spent on a bus this season (or even any other season) to get to conference games, it just seems odd that such a close (relatively) game would not be home/home. I would think it would be a way to boost attendance by "adding" one more home weekend date to the schedule.
    It's not that it's awful, it's a matter of which is the better situation.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: NMU Offseason Thread - 2014 Edition

This may be the worst home schedule in the history of NMU hockey. I feel really bad for the students and fans. We got the shaft big time! I can't imagine going to no more than 2 or 3 games next season. I expect the building to be stagnant once again.

Comment

Originally posted by WildcatDreamer View Post
        This may be the worst home schedule in the history of NMU hockey. I feel really bad for the students and fans. We got the shaft big time! I can't imagine going to no more than 2 or 3 games next season. I expect the building to be stagnant once again.
        The road schedule isn't too appealing either. I might be able to go to Bowling Green, and I will try to come up for the January Tech series.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Awwwww, butthurt that Michigan and Michigan State aren't coming to Marquette.

Comment

Oct. 17-18 vs Wisconsin at Green Bay (NC) (as noted earlier, same weekend as Packers home game)r.
            I would rather see NMU/LSSU/MTU play each other in Green Bay NC games. Party at the Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Awwwww, butthurt that Michigan and Michigan State aren't coming to Marquette.
              No butt hurt. They're more than welcome to come to Marquette in exchange for one trip to their barns.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

At least you guys get some NC games at home unlike LSSU. It sounds like we get ZERO NC games at home with all five of our NC series most likely be on the road.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I don't normally comment on USCHO, I view for informational purposes. I have been a Northern season ticket holder since graduating from Ferris in 1982. Safe to say I have seen the ups and downs of the program. I was excited when I heard NMU was rejoining the WCHA, but that ended shortly after when mass exodus from almost all leagues occurred and left the WCHA a mere shadow of what it was. I loved it when Northern played in the WCHA and also had an interlocking schedule with Hockey East. I called the schedule my hockey smorgasbord! Northern's current schedule hardly compares, but the bottom line is, just win ! You win and there will be butts in the seats. Northern for a long time has been considered a top Div II team playing Div I hockey, that has fallen off over the last 4 or 5 years. I personally believe Ferris and Bob Daniels is that here in the state of Michigan. What does he have the NMU does not? Location. He is mere hours from Detroit and Chicago, two hockey hotbeds in the US. Easy for parents to get to and from campus, and potential players also. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by RedneckRalph View Post
                    that has fallen off over the last 4 or 5 years.
                    In 2010 NMU was in the NCAA tourney. In 2012 they were one spot outside the tourney.

Comment

This may be the worst home schedule in the history of NMU hockey. I feel really bad for the students and fans. We got the shaft big time!
                      I may see the Lakers and Huskies play the Wildcats. Beyond that I will miss the rest.
                      Last edited by Pink Pony; 05-19-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        2014-15 schedule just officially released.

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20140516p9s7di
                        NMU NC schedule
                        vs UAH
                        at Green Bay
                        at PSU
                        at UMD

Great.

Comment

NMU is still able to schedule one more non-conference series thanks to two "trips" to Alaska (thanks to Thabksgiving, the team can spend a week in Alaska).

And, the Canadian school exhibition game is yet to be scheduled too, as they had some changes to their scheduling to deal with as well.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NMU is still able to schedule one more non-conference series thanks to two "trips" to Alaska (thanks to Thabksgiving, the team can spend a week in Alaska).

And, the Canadian school exhibition game is yet to be scheduled too, as they had some changes to their scheduling to deal with as well.
                            Like last year, that won't happen unless they are home games. And at this point, it's unlikely that anything can be found.

Comment

news release about tickets for GB:
                              Northern Michigan to host Wisconsin at the Resch Center Oct. 17 & 18

Tickets on sale Friday, May 23 at 11 a.m.!

Green Bay (May 21, 2014) – The Northern Michigan University men’s hockey team will play two home games at the Resch Center against the University of Wisconsin on October 17 & 18, 7:07pm both nights.

Tickets are $25 for adults, $15 for students and fans ages 2-18. A family 4-pack deal (2 adults, 2 children) is available for $70. Tickets are available at the Resch Center box office, all Ticket Star outlets, by phone 800.895.0071 and online at www.ReschCenter.com. A $5 discount is available for groups of 15 or more ($20 ticket). Call Melissa at 920.405.1267 for the group discount.
                              St. Norbert College Green Knights
                              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              ---
                              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

So, I saw a tidbit of information that could be a fantastic draw to the Wildcat games:

February 28, 2015 is a home game versus LSSU, and also the 55th anniversary of the 1960 Gold Medal hockey game. Could be nice to have Weldon Olson drop the ceremonial puck and have him at the NMU game. I know he's not living in MQT, but he makes trips back and could be a nice gesture on behalf of NMU.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X