Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego vs. Stevens Point

Time to discuss this matchup...
    Have they ever faced each other in hockey??
    Point played SNC tough in our game with them @ the Willett...
    I was impressed with their fore check and depth @ the forward position...
    When Jaeger is on he can be tough to beat.
    His numbers:
    1.92 GA and .924 Save %, Record: 19-5-1..
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Re: Oswego vs. Stevens Point

2010-11 Pathfinder, Consolation Round. Oswego, 6-1.

Very disappointing tournament for both teams.
    WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Yeah, but that was before we picked up the 15 freshmen this year- we're better than that now!
      Oswego State 1980 Grad
      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by coldinromney View Post
        yeah, but that was before we picked up the 19 freshmen this year- we're better than that now!
        fyp
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
          Yeah, but that was before we picked up the 15 freshmen this year- we're better than that now!
          .....and so is Point!
          SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Report on the Pointers:
            http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/a...ss-late-season
            SNC Men:
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:

Comment

Game Preview from the D3 Hockey staff:
              http://d3hockey.com/ncaatournament/2...t-oswego-state
              SNC Men:
              SNC Women:

Comment

UWSP will pick up right where UWEC left off last year against the Lakers. Although Oswego has done an awesome job getting back to the final four, UWSP with only three seniors, is going to be the second western team of the night to win, and for the second year in a row a WIAC team will end the Lakers season. The Pointers are too deep and they play solid in their own zone. The Lakers will be a team to watch grow the next few seasons and because of how young they are, it seems they will be frozen four participants and future favorites to win a National Championship in the very near future. The win will set up an all western final and showcase two former NCHA rivals in the Championship game. The loss will once again shift the focus on the forum towards transfer players (UWSP has a lot) and their age (yup, almost all I believe are three year junior players). What is really interesting about this UWSP team is that two of their top players (both transfers from the same school I believe) were supposed to be Seniors this year (Ladd and Brodie), but both were able to get another year of eligibility to come back for another campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
                  UWSP will pick up right where UWEC left off last year against the Lakers. Although Oswego has done an awesome job getting back to the final four, UWSP with only three seniors, is going to be the second western team of the night to win, and for the second year in a row a WIAC team will end the Lakers season. The Pointers are too deep and they play solid in their own zone. The Lakers will be a team to watch grow the next few seasons and because of how young they are, it seems they will be frozen four participants and future favorites to win a National Championship in the very near future. The win will set up an all western final and showcase two former NCHA rivals in the Championship game. The loss will once again shift the focus on the forum towards transfer players (UWSP has a lot) and their age (yup, almost all I believe are three year junior players). What is really interesting about this UWSP team is that two of their top players (both transfers from the same school I believe) were supposed to be Seniors this year (Ladd and Brodie), but both were able to get another year of eligibility to come back for another campaign.
                  Is Oswego the UNDERDOG?? Yup....as they have been in four of the last five games...winning all FOUR!! (they also beat Fredonia but were the favorite in that one)

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Bold predictions - fueled by a little too much Bohemian Pilsner for breakfast? Lakers are playing with house money and have nothing to lose - that makes them dangerous...very, very dangerous...but don't take my word for it, ask Potsdam, Plattsburgh, Fredonia, Plattsburgh, Geneseo, Bowdoin or Babson... If it's ok with you, we will show up and play the game.
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Is Oswego the UNDERDOG?? Yup....as they have been in four of the last five games...winning all FOUR!! (they also beat Fredonia but were the favorite in that one)
                      The one thing that all of the other teams you referenced have in common is that they are all eastern teams. I believe the west has continued to become stronger and the east has not changed very much compared to the last few years. Friday's games will either support if what I believe is right or not.

Comment

The one thing that all of the other teams you referenced have in common is that they are all eastern teams. I believe the west has continued to become stronger and the east has not changed very much compared to the last few years. Friday's games will either support if what I believe is right or not.
                        You got it...let's play the games this weekend and compare notes later!!
                        SNC Men:
                        SNC Women:

Comment

Absolutely, that's why they play the game. Last year no one gave the team I pull for a chance, so I could be waaaaaaay off in my prediction. It's just an opinion I have and because I have more time available since my team is done until the fall, I thought I'd share it with everyone because I know my opinion means so much to everyone who visits the site.

Comment

Absolutely, that's why they play the game. Last year no one gave the team I pull for a chance, so I could be waaaaaaay off in my prediction. It's just an opinion I have and because I have more time available since my team is done until the fall, I thought I'd share it with everyone because I know my opinion means so much to everyone who visits the site.
                            I know the two Western teams (and their fans) appreciate your support!!
                            SNC Men:
                            SNC Women:

Comment

Eau-Claire had a lot of luck on their side in last years final four which plays a huge part in a one and done tournament. If Oswego or Geneseo can get that kind of luck then I think they have a really good shot at it. The Western region is a stronger region than the East because there are less teams to dilute the talent pool both in D1 and D3. Their style of play, banging bodies, playing in front of nets, screens etc. lends itself to good playoff results. Western teams are built to win these types of tournaments. The Eastern recruiting hotbeds are more about stick skills and organic flowing hockey which doesn't always match up well with the jackhammer style the West teams use.

Speaking of diluted talent pools, I wonder what effect allowing Major Junior players to play college without penalty would have on the college hockey landscape. I know it won't happen and I know a lot of the guys that exhaust their Junior eligibility aren't that great but it would add a lot of players to the recruiting pool.
                              Last edited by Laker28; 03-19-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X