Hockey East Semis: UHN vs. Providence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East Semis: UHN vs. Providence

I like the lineup of this years Hockey East Tournament. It is Tournament time! Great to see Providence back to a legitimate contender. Lowell was there in the early days too! Welcome Notre Dame, thanks for knocking off BC. Looking forward to the UNH - PC Semifinal.

Re: Hockey East Semis: UHN vs. Providence

I would love to see the Alliance clash for the title. ND looks on fire right now and UNH isnt to be underestimated, however it is more than possible.
    I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Either one of these scenarios will take place in the UNH-PC semifinal:

* PC 6 UNH 0. 'Cats forget this is a single elimination game. Saracino nets 3 goals and Gillies posts the shutout; OR
      * UNH 7 PC 5. Saracino gets bad case of food poisoning in the North End (or Federal Hill?) Thursday night and is sidelined. In this classic defensive struggle, UNH blows three two-goal leads, but PC refuses their largesse. 'Cats go to the HE Finals to face ...

UMass Lowell 1 Notre Dame 0. The "greatest 8th place team in HE history" loses in an upset of gargantuan proportions to the defending HE Champions.

Without any of the Boston teams making it to the Garden this year, it will be interesting to see what attendance looks like ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

* PC 6 UNH 0. 'Cats forget this is a single elimination game. Saracino nets 3 goals and Gillies posts the shutout; OR
        * UNH 7 PC 5. Saracino gets bad case of food poisoning in the North End (or Federal Hill?) Thursday night and is sidelined. In this classic defensive struggle, UNH blows three two-goal leads, but PC refuses their largesse. 'Cats go to the HE Finals to face ...

UMass Lowell 1 Notre Dame 0. The "greatest 8th place team in HE history" loses in an upset of gargantuan proportions to the defending HE Champions.

Without any of the Boston teams making it to the Garden this year, it will be interesting to see what attendance looks like ...
        Well ND is there and their lovely "fans" will likely show. The other three teams will have a good attendance I expect, but UML is on spring break so they may have a little dip when it comes to students
        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

* UNH 7 PC 5. Saracino gets bad case of food poisoning in the North End (or Federal Hill?) Thursday night and is sidelined. ...
          Saracino was sick with the flu last night.....still netted 2
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cleggyofuml View Post
            i would love to see the alliance clash for the title. Nd looks on fire right now and unh isnt to be underestimated, however it is more than possible.
            have they announced who is playing early game yet , lowell has the option to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
              have they announced who is playing early game yet , lowell has the option to choose.
              Well its been an hour since we won so I don't think so. My guess is the early game though.

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                Well ND is there and their lovely "fans" will likely show.
                Serious question: does Notre Dame have "subway alumni" for hockey too?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad BC is out ... but did it have to be Notre Dame??

Early line from The Heights puts the Golden Domers as a 2.5 goal favorite over the Riverhawks ...

Comment

Well its been an hour since we won so I don't think so. My guess is the early game though.
                  Correct, unsurprisingly UML took the 5pm game

Comment

I would love to see the Alliance clash for the title. ND looks on fire right now and UNH isnt to be underestimated, however it is more than possible.
                    I would be just fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by el nino View Post
                      correct, unsurprisingly uml took the 5pm game
                      well if you win , you want sleep , late game gets over at midnight = no sleep .

Comment

Serious question: does Notre Dame have "subway alumni" for hockey too?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad BC is out ... but did it have to be Notre Dame??

Early line from The Heights puts the Golden Domers as a 2.5 goal favorite over the Riverhawks ...
                        Its one of those moments where you wish it could have ended with both of them eliminated but alas the lesser of two evils emerged I think.

And I think that UML can pull off the W over ND.

Anything ND has the "subway alumni" for everything. Half of them couldn't point to South Bend on the map.

Comment

Its one of those moments where you wish it could have ended with both of them eliminated but alas the lesser of two evils emerged I think.
                          Yeah, I think that reflects my thoughts. Still stunning (but nice) to see BC lose to a #8 seed.

Comment

stunning (but nice) to see BC lose to a #8 seed.
                            True, but its not like its the first time that ever happened
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                              True, but its not like its the first time that ever happened
                              Its been far too long though

Comment

Working...
                              X