Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WMU @ tUMD: It's Playoff and Barbaro time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMU @ tUMD: It's Playoff and Barbaro time!

Should be a great series. There's no way UMD sweeps this series. WMU has lost 3 in a row to UMD and I doubt they'll make it four. UMD better be on their game or this could be a short series... that being said I believe it will be a 3 game series with either team winning.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: WMU @ tUMD: It's Playoff and Barbaro time!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    that being said I believe it will be a 3 game series with either team winning.
    Come back Biddy... you REALLY went out on a limb there
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Come back Biddy... you REALLY went out on a limb there
      (It's what I do. And I dislike predictions.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I think if the Broncos can make it out of this series and book a ticket to the NCHC tournament finals they have a strong chance of winning it all. They have proven they can beat every team in the conference and are having a great tournament year. This team has been peaks and valleys all season and after beating UND this weekend I think we're starting to peak again at the right time.

tUMD is the only team I worry about honestly. Even though we split earlier in the season I can't help but think you're the team the Broncos need puck luck against. We can't beat you on talent and hard work alone, we need the hockey gods on this one. It's going to be a spectacular series...
        Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
          tUMD is the only team I worry about honestly.
          Meanwhile, all of the other teams are downright terrified of Western Michigan.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Meanwhile, all of the other teams are downright terrified of Western Michigan.
            I sense some sarcasm.....

What I meant is that I believe Western can win against any team in the conference so long as they play a full 60 min. Our chances against UND , SCSU, UNO etc i would say are 50/50 in any game.... tUMD is the only team I would say 25/75... There's just something about tUMD that Broncos struggle with and I believe the odds are against us in this series... But if we beat the odds I like us for winning the whole thing! Just have to knock off
            the Pesky bulldogs!

If you werent being sarcastic.... Does your fear of WMU have anything to do with our coach Angry Murray? As long as youre not wearin stripes hes harmless!
            Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
              I sense some sarcasm.....

What I meant is that I believe Western can win against any team in the conference so long as they play a full 60 min. Our chances against UND , SCSU, UNO etc i would say are 50/50 in any game.... tUMD is the only team I would say 25/75... There's just something about tUMD that Broncos struggle with and I believe the odds are against us in this series... But if we beat the odds I like us for winning the whole thing! Just have to knock off
              the Pesky bulldogs!

If you werent being sarcastic.... Does your fear of WMU have anything to do with our coach Angry Murray? As long as youre not wearin stripes hes harmless!
              Your sarcasm detector seems to be working properly.

It is good to be optimistic, but I worry at least a little bit about any team above mine in the standings. A lot of times I worry about the teams below as well, especially at this time of the season.

WMU needs the autobid, so even if they beat UMD, any loss after that ends their season. That would worry me no matter who the opponent is.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Your sarcasm detector seems to be working properly.

It is good to be optimistic, but I worry at least a little bit about any team above mine in the standings. A lot of times I worry about the teams below as well, especially at this time of the season.

WMU needs the autobid, so even if they beat UMD, any loss after that ends their season. That would worry me no matter who the opponent is.
                Fair. I guess no matter how I try to put it into words it will always come out wrong. By all means the Broncos can be beat by any team in this conference as easily as they can win.... My assessment of the situation never should have left my brain.

Go Broncos! Do something!

Comment

Particularly since I think just about anybody could conceivably win this tourney save, perhaps, CC. If you were to ask me to x out any one team, it would be them (sorry, CC).

Comment

In the NCHC,any given game any team can win,I wouldn't count any team out in a tournament setting.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut92 View Post
                      In the NCHC,any given game any team can win,I wouldn't count any team out in a tournament setting.
                      Except CC...unless they were playing in Colorado against DU.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Yeah, CC is pretty terrible.

Anyone else want to come in here and crap on CC?

Comment

I think it's a little late for them to get in a bid to hold the playoffs there. So it's a safe assumption to make.

EDIT: I'm in Tipsy. CC is bad!

Comment

Yeah, CC is pretty terrible.

Anyone else want to come in here and crap on CC?
                            They'll probably make us all look like a bunch of nimrods, now, and win the darn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              They'll probably make us all look like a bunch of nimrods, now, and win the darn thing.
                              I don't see North Dakota or St Cumulus letting that happen.
                              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Working...
                              X