Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WMU @ tUMD: It's Playoff and Barbaro time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WMU @ tUMD: It's Playoff and Barbaro time!

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    Particularly since I think just about anybody could conceivably win this tourney save, perhaps, CC. If you were to ask me to x out any one team, it would be them (sorry, CC).
    And last year DU, MN and UND probably weren't that concerned about them either
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Ya, CC sucks. They couldn't even beat UMD at the Oil Can.
      UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Originally posted by DropPass View Post
        Ya, CC sucks. They couldn't even beat UMD at the Oil Can.
        Word is........there is a link to watch the game free on the internet. Does anyone have it? Thanks..

Comment

WMU gets the win to start it off.

Comment

ALRIGHT BRONCOS!! Happy for the win... but the last couple minutes of the game really ruined it..... I don't want us being the next Miami, finish the game!

tUMD played a good game. Even after an empty net goal they didn't let the wind get taken out of their sails. I expect the Broncos will have to battle twice as hard tomorrow for a repeat victory.

Go Broncos! Sweeeeep Sweeep SWEEEEP!!!
            Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Broncos sweep!

Comment

Congrats to the Broncos. It appears that they were better off playing UMD on the road. UMD and St. Cloud not in Minny. If CC pulls the upset on NoDak the crowd will be fairly small.

Comment

What a great weekend in Bronco sports
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

tUMD fan here. First off let me just say congrats to the Broncos. They were outworked a lot of that game tonight and pulled off a win. tUMD cannot leave a player wide open in the slot 3 times and expect no goals to happen, and the last goal was just a wicked shot by Morrison, who looks like a good d-man.

The reffing tonight was terrible...both ways. Please hear me, I'm not blaming the refs on the loss, the Broncos buried their chances and played sound "D" and beat us fairly. That goal that was waived off...terrible call, should have been a goal. BUT we should have had a goal last night in the first 30 seconds of the game and they blew the whistle 2 seconds before we score because the net on the other side of the rink was off?!?!? So we're even.

Now, when Western Michigan was called for icing...I have been going to tUMD hockey games for 25 years...I cannot remember playing a team that 75% of the time they iced the puck, their players ran to the bench to change lines, and go through with a full change. Then they act confused, and take 2 minutes to put the correct players back on the ice. And sometimes the correct players didn't even have to go back on the ice. They did that repeatedly this weekend. Towards the end of the game tonight, like in the last 5 minutes, after pulling that same crap with icing they had all game, they had 6 players on the ice, and the refs did nothing!! To Andy Murray's credit actually, they did nothing! Why not pull that crap when the refs won't call a bench minor and a delay of game penalty?? How many warnings do they need before you call a bench minor??

Look at this rule and tell me how WM did not do this all game...

A team that is in violation of Rule 80.1 – Change of Players – Goal
                    Cage Dislodged Accidentally by Defending Player; Rule 84.2 – Hand Pass
                    – Defensive Zone; Rule 85.4 – Icing – Change of Players; or Rule 89.2 –
                    Puck Out of Bounds or Unplayable – Puck Out of Play in Defensive Zone
                    shall not be permitted to make any player substitutions prior to the ensuing
                    face-off.

PENALTY—If a team intentionally delays the line change, it shall
                    be warned. This serves as that team’s warning for the remainder of the
                    game. If that team intentionally delays a line change later in the game,
                    a bench minor penalty shall be assessed (see Rule 81).

The whole point of the icing call is the players get tired because they don't get to change!! Pulling crap like that negates the point of the icing call! Why not ice all game when you can rest for 2 minutes and have fresh legs once the puck drops?!? I saw #11 for your team towards the end of the game, Brown I think it was, when there was an icing going to be called rushed to the bench and sit down and two players that were standing in front of him moved to block Brown from being seen by the refs. Bravo. Job well done. He never had to go back on the ice! Again, why not do this when the refs shoot empty threats and never back it up! Ugh, terrible reffing and shady moves by Western Michigan's. Again, kudos to Western Michigan as they buried their chances and beat us but I lost some respect for Andy Murray and his coaching staff this weekend.

Comment

Congrats to Western. I'll be rooting for you in Minneapolis

Wish UMD would have played on the road. We only won 5 games the whole year at home.

It's tough for me to say it was all goaltending (easy scapegoat was Crandall for many UMD fans after the game, he did have zero saves on two shots for a good chunk of the game). But WMU scored almost all their goals from just outside the slot with rocket shots. Seemed to be their strategy.

Fun fact: UMD played the toughest schedule in the nation and ended up at .500.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Sugarlumps I know your emotional because your team lost,but the icing thing,every D1 team in the country does the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X