PDA

View Full Version : #6 Boston College at #3 Clarkson -- 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal: Eagles Invade PotsVegas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

RStarr
03-15-2014, 05:34 PM
holla!

top mothafuggers!

TonyTheTiger20
03-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah Blackbeard maybe it was the announcer because until Clarkson went up 3-0 we thought it was a thriller.

Really disappointed but this was never our year. Really hope to see Clarkson win it all.

Blackbeard
03-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Really hope to see Clarkson win it all.

That would probably be good for the women's game in general but if Mercyhurst plays like they did today their speed will make Clarkson dizzy.

vicb
03-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Thought this game was going to be the most exciting one of the day but it was closer to being a yawner.

The play by play guy might have had something to do with that perception. Often very little change in his cadence and volume when scoring chances occurred. Colour commentator was quite knowledgeable I thought.

The color commentator was a former member of the Clarkson men's hockey team, Chase Fuchs.

OnMAA
03-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Thought this game was going to be the most exciting one of the day but it was closer to being a yawner.

The play by play guy might have had something to do with that perception. Often very little change in his cadence and volume when scoring chances occurred. Colour commentator was quite knowledgeable I thought.

This game was anything but a yawner. While Clarkson was the better team, good goal tending at both ends kept this game close until the Knights scored early in the third to make it 3-0. There were stretches of wide open run and gun play, and stretches of systematic bottling up. Clarkson was strong in the offensive zone, and that directly resulted in the second goal when they changed while in the O-Zone and BC could not get off on the long change. Clarkson also got a very strong PP. Their top line was dangerous all night, and accounted for all three goals, Styner and Gagnon 2x, Rattray with 3 helpers, +3 for that group. I thought that MacAuley had a good game as well.

BC pushed hard in the last 10 minutes, had some good looks, ended up with one goal, but alos left some loose pucks in front of the net that Clarkson got to before they could cash in. Aside from a strong game by Boyles in nets, #14 had a strong game.

All in all it was an exciting game, and I got to meet TTT and Joe to boot. Hope you have a safe drive home guys. (It was snowing pretty hard when I left the rink).

Good luck to Clarkson next weekend.

Blackbeard
03-15-2014, 08:27 PM
and I got to meet TTT and Joe to boot.

That might possibly have been more exciting than the game.

Like I said, I think the play by play guy had a big influence on my perception of the game plus coming off the Mercyhurst - Cornell game which was a lot faster, contributed as well. That was the most exciting game of the day in my opinion, which surprised me.

FireKnight
03-15-2014, 09:39 PM

The play-by-play and color guys are both Clarkson students with no other experience than volunteering for the student TV club. Considering some of the "professional" guys out there, they are not bad. The color guy, as Vic mentioned, was Chase Fuchs, a defenseman for the Knights who did not stay with the team this season. He also did the color for ESPN3 for the ECAC Championship game last weekend.

Normally, if they are going to do a more "professional" production of the game, Clarkson would have the radio announcers Bob Ahfeldt and Josh Bartell (Clarkson '96) dubbed into the the TV broadcast. Unfortunately, Bob was down in Ithaca for the ECAC quarterfinals and I imagine Josh is off coaching his midget team this weekend.

FireKnight
03-15-2014, 09:43 PM
That might possibly have been more exciting than the game.

Like I said, I think the play by play guy had a big influence on my perception of the game plus coming off the Mercyhurst - Cornell game which was a lot faster, contributed as well. That was the most exciting game of the day in my opinion, which surprised me.

That's definitely going to be a worry next weekend. BC has more speed than we do and M'Hurst seemed to be even faster (or Cornell somewhat slower). There was a definite change in the Clarkson game plan today having had a week to plan for the absence of Ambrose. I think every member of the squad was out there with a focus on defense and it really allowed them to look for their chances while not giving up many. The power play also looked much more organized than it did against Cornell last weekend.

TonyTheTiger20
03-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Made it home safe, that was the worst snow I've ever driven in in my life, and that is saying something.

We went down through the mountains toward Warrensburg or whatever it is and it was 30 mph most of the way to I87 with a stretch of about 20 minutes of pure whiteout where there was 4 inches of unplowed powder on the road and we had to pull over because we couldn't see past our headlights or tell where the side of the road was.

Joe and I thought we were going to be spending the night in the car in the middle of some state forest with no cell phone reception. It was pretty scary.

wwhyte
03-16-2014, 05:09 AM
Made it home safe, that was the worst snow I've ever driven in in my life, and that is saying something.

We went down through the mountains toward Warrensburg or whatever it is and it was 30 mph most of the way to I87 with a stretch of about 20 minutes of pure whiteout where there was 4 inches of unplowed powder on the road and we had to pull over because we couldn't see past our headlights or tell where the side of the road was.

Joe and I thought we were going to be spending the night in the car in the middle of some state forest with no cell phone reception. It was pretty scary.

Glad you made it home safely! Sorry we couldn't make it up there. From what I saw of the live stream it seemed BC had the edge in offensive pressure but were never quite able to get quality chances up front. Clarkson very very good in their own D-zone. Shame to see the season end this way but, for all the grief we give the NoDak fans, BC had more than its share of headscratching losses and some of ours were even headscratchinger. Looking forward to the return of Carpenter as a steadying influence and the three new U18s next year.

My daughter's Mite Bs lost in their playoffs in the morning, and then BC lost in the afternoon, so it was a relief to get to the Blades game tonight and see Boston beat Toronto 4-2 with Knight, Stack and Buesser all back on the squad. Never having been to a Blades game before I was very impressed: the speed and skill were a step up from almost any college game I've seen.

FireKnight
03-16-2014, 08:37 AM

Glad you guys made it home safely and if you ever have to go up there again go through Lake Placid, not Warrensburg. I have tickets in hand for the FF and I hope to see many of you BC fans this weekend. It was definitely nice sharing some banter with you guys this week.

OnMAA
03-16-2014, 08:43 AM

Glad you are home safe. Weird how the weather works some days, and how lousy the forecasters are. When I headed north after the game, 40 miles north the way the crow flies, was like a different world. When I told my wife that there was a snow storm in Potsdam she did not believe me. At home the roads were dry and clean, and that is only an hour away.

I've driven through those mountains plenty of times, and when it is snowy, always take a little detour and stay on the Northway rather than crossing thru the hills on the 2 lane and curvy roads. The Northway is very well kept up even during the heaviest of snow storms.

TonyTheTiger20
03-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Last writeup of the season

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-womens-hockey-2013-14/2014/3/16/5514760/bc-womens-hockey-season-ends-with-ncaa-quarterfinal-loss-at-clarkson

Eeyore
03-16-2014, 01:13 PM

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-womens-hockey-2013-14/2014/3/16/5514760/bc-womens-hockey-season-ends-with-ncaa-quarterfinal-loss-at-clarkson

Will you be in Hamden next week?

TonyTheTiger20
03-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Will you be in Hamden next week?
I had my usual "aw man we lost I'm too depressed to watch anyone else win" yesterday but I think I'm going to join wwhyte and joegrav for the final.

D2D
03-16-2014, 01:44 PM

A fair write-up of the game after a tough loss - until you got to the end, speaking of the possibility of a top WCHA team coming out to play BC next season:

"-- but it looks like they're too busy losing to each other to come east for a real challenge."

Made me smile and do one of these at the same time: :rolleyes:

TonyTheTiger20
03-16-2014, 01:52 PM
A fair write-up of the game after a tough loss - until you got to the end, speaking of the possibility of a top WCHA team coming out to play BC next season:

"-- but it looks like they're too busy losing to each other to come east for a real challenge."

Made me smile and do one of these at the same time: :rolleyes:
Had to have a LITTLE fun in the writeup haha

Eeyore
03-16-2014, 03:07 PM

We're coming east next week. You'll have your chance to beat us then.

Oh, wait . . .

TonyTheTiger20
03-16-2014, 03:14 PM
We're coming east next week. You'll have your chance to beat us then.

Oh, wait . . .
Womp womp

joegrav
03-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Glad you guys made it home safely and if you ever have to go up there again … go through Lake Placid, not Warrensburg. I have tickets in hand for the FF and I hope to see many of you BC fans this weekend. It was definitely nice sharing some banter with you guys this week.

We will see you on Sunday. Beat Mercyhurst!