Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#6 Boston College at #3 Clarkson -- 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal: Eagles Invade PotsVegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
    Well of late if you have heard me in action it is only doing the color. But I seem to remember it being a quarter final at Conte and the eagles won. I didn't go to Agganis that year, I typically avoid that place (the bu strip mall can be hazardous to the health of Husky fans in NU gear). I was walking around with TTT and I recollect him talking to you and saying you were ARM on here, but that was before I was a poster myself.
    Different person then, both for me thinking I heard you and you thinking you've met me. I've never seen TTT in the East, only here, and I've never been to Conte. Unless you'd ever consider coming west if the Huskies make the NCAAs, it will have to wait. In Durham in a couple of years, perhaps?
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Re: #6 Boston College at #3 Clarkson -- 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal: Eagles Invade PotsVeg

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Different person then, both for me thinking I heard you and you thinking you've met me. I've never seen TTT in the East, only here, and I've never been to Conte. Unless you'd ever consider coming west if the Huskies make the NCAAs, it will have to wait. In Durham in a couple of years, perhaps?
      Well I am sure you have heard my cheering in the past, just a good chunk of the latter half of the season I was the Color Commentator.

And if the Huskies were in the NCAAs out west I would definitely go. I was planning on going to Minneapolis if we had made it this year. Might be in Quinny this year too. Hell if they had a weekend series at Minny I might go, heard great things about the U of M area.

Comment

Re: #6 Boston College at #3 Clarkson -- 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal: Eagles Invade PotsVeg

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
        Well of late if you have heard me in action it is only doing the color. But I seem to remember it being a quarter final at Conte and the eagles won. I didn't go to Agganis that year, I typically avoid that place (the bu strip mall can be hazardous to the health of Husky fans in NU gear). I was walking around with TTT and I recollect him talking to you and saying you were ARM on here, but that was before I was a poster myself.
        Yeah you must be misremembering. It was some other poster. And yep, just met ARM the one time out west. He's not that scary once you meet him
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Yeah you must be misremembering. It was some other poster. And yep, just met ARM the one time out west. He's not that scary once you meet him
          I met you twice. You came out for the BC series when they played UM in 2008 during the season, and then you took the train out here for the NCAA QF in 2009.

Scary? Me? If you thought me scary, you'd never dare attend any men's sporting event other than maybe figure skating.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

That's right! Forgot I saw you briefly in 09.

And you're just scary in a kind of "board overlord" kind of way haha

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
              Dining:

Eben's Hearth - a small American restaurant located on Route 11, directly opposite the University entrance. They have some pretty decent American fare and my parents always loved going there for breakfast. They have a bar with a "big beer" special on Saturdays, although the bar isn't the focus of their business. You can get just about anything there, it's decent and homemade.
              I second Eben's for breakfast.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                Last weekend it was $4. For the semi's you got two games for $4, as the ticket was reusable for the second semi. (I lost mine along the way so had to buy a second to get back in) On Sunday it was $4 as well for the Final.

That is the same as it was in past years, so I suspect that that is standard Clarkson pricing.
                It's an NCAA playoff game. The NCAA sets the pricing.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikukhu View Post
                  Went to Clarkson for Four Years. If you want good wings go across the street to Eben's Hearth. Best Wings I've ever had. And I've been to Anchor Bar in Buffalo.
                  Anchor Bar aren't even the best wings in Buffalo. Not by a longshot. Everybody knows that. You go to Anchor Bar for the history...
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                    It's lost a little bit of its atmosphere in recent years but Clarkson-SLU is still the best rivalry game in all of sports that I've been to and that includes Army-Navy and Yankees-Red Sox. It amazed me that two towns literally shut down for the games and the rivalry that exists. The underperformance of both men's teams of late as well as the struggling economy up in the North Country has really put a damper on things. I've never been to a BC/BU game, but I have been but I used to go up there every other Thanksgiving when we CCT/SLU and BC/BU played alternating home series every year. I can't imagine the atmosphere at Conte comparing to Cheel or Appleton, although I could see it at BU's old arena.
                    I went to an SLU-Clarkson game in the old Walker Arena. Talk about crazy! I will never see an atmosphere like that for the rest of my life.

The village itself is really a step back in time to a lot of the old mom-and-pop stores that were small town America before WalMart and box stores took over the planet. The townsfolk are friendly, even if they speak with a distinct Canadian accent. Although Potsdam itself is a bit of a cultural center of the North Country, if you drive a half mile or so outside of town, you'll see the effects of the struggling economy. I always try to support the local businesses while I'm there, especially because the campuses, Clarkson in particular, have really hurt them in recent years by trying to become a resource for everything the student needs.
                    And there's now a Walmart in Potsdam. Made me puke when I first heard that.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      It's an NCAA playoff game. The NCAA sets the pricing.
                      $10 for adults, $6 for students/seniors and $4 children under 12. That's what's up on the Clarkson athletics page.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikukhu View Post
                        $10 for adults, $6 for students/seniors and $4 children under 12. That's what's up on the Clarkson athletics page.
                        I reached out to the ticket office this morning; they clarified that all ticket amounts listed on their website are in American, not Canadian, dollars.

Joe and I are going to have to discuss our options.

Comment

I reached out to the ticket office this morning; they clarified that all ticket amounts listed on their website are in American, not Canadian, dollars.

Joe and I are going to have to discuss our options.
                          I'm willing to take any of your Toonies and Loonies for a few Washingtons.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                            I'm willing to take any of your Toonies and Loonies for a few Washingtons.
                            BTW...TTT, Joe et All.....If you come up to Potsdam you will have to try that one Canadiana thing that they do have in Potsdam. Have a Timmy. There is a Timmy (Tim Hortons) on the Potsdam Suny campus.

Comment

Oh man WING FIGHT!

I encourage more people to chime in on this Eben's Hearth vs. McDuff's debate. I don't think you all realize how seriously I take this discussion.

Eben's Hearth wins hands down. Better wings, better atmosphere, can walk to & from the arena (less than 1/2 mile).

Whenever I go back to Potsdam and I'm down a quart, I get a Sergi's pizza roll.

Let go Tech!

CCT '83

Comment

Originally posted by rochnycsc View Post
                                Eben's Hearth wins hands down. Better wings, better atmosphere, can walk to & from the arena (less than 1/2 mile).

Whenever I go back to Potsdam and I'm down a quart, I get a Sergi's pizza roll.

Let go Tech!

CCT '83
                                Sergi's Pizza Rolls are another highly recommended option! But they will clog the arteries right up. We called them "Fat Bags" but if you ever tried to order them with that name, the little old lady that owns it would drag you out by your ear. I'm not exaggerated in the least bit on this either, my friend was a little drunk one night and not even thinking, ordered a "Fat Bag" and she screamed at him, grabbed him and dragged him out of the restaurant. Good times in the Madstop!

LGT

Comment

Working...
                                X