Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#6 Boston College at #3 Clarkson -- 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal: Eagles Invade PotsVegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 Boston College at #3 Clarkson -- 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal: Eagles Invade PotsVeg

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Oh here's a question worth asking -- does Clarkson charge for tickets?
    Last weekend it was $4. For the semi's you got two games for $4, as the ticket was reusable for the second semi. (I lost mine along the way so had to buy a second to get back in) On Sunday it was $4 as well for the Final.

That is the same as it was in past years, so I suspect that that is standard Clarkson pricing.

Given you are driving all the way from CT why the worry about ticket pricing ?. Parking is FREE !!!!.

No need to pre-buy, each time I got to the rink last weekend 10 minutes before game time and it took about 5 minutes to buy my tickets and find my seat. It is non-designated seating for Women's hockey. You are free to roam.

Clarkson is a great facility, one of the better ones in the ECAC. It has a similar configuration as the TD in Hamden WRT seating configuration. Main difference is the color scheme.

Too bad if it is spring break, as the band may not there which would be a shame if that is the case. Clarkson has a great band and lively band. You'd love them if they were a BC band, as they get into the chanting and the whole bit. You would eat that up.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 03-10-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Re: #6 Boston College at #3 Clarkson -- 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal: Eagles Invade PotsVeg

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
      I think I know where Mr. The Tiger is going to want to go now.

Since it's his car we're going wherever he wants.

Will you be at the game? Would love to buy you a beer for sharing your North Country expertise. (That goes for OnMAA too.)
      I live about 288 miles from Potsdam door to door and I work on Saturday nights, so I won't be there. I might be going to Lynah for the men's game on Friday, as that's only about a 3 hour ride for me. Regardless of Saturday's outcome, I will be in Hamden for the FF though. That's only a 75 mile trip for me.

As far as charging for tickets, I believe that's regulated by the NC$$ as it is their tournament. The last time I was up there for a women's game, I believe it was free or maybe a $5 general admission. Our women's games barely draw 100 fans on most nights, although the ECAC represented well for the league tournament. Clarkson's website says the women's tickets for this weekend are $10 adult, $6 student/senior, $4 for kids 12 and under.
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
      7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I've actually been to the new place Between the Buns in "downtown" Potsdam. I think it opened last spring. Great sports bar atmosphere more typical of larger cities, unexpected in the boonies.

It was packed. Many TVs to watch whatever sports games are on, the burgers are really good, lots of beer choices on tap, and best of all with ridiculously cheap beer prices. I'd highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          Too bad if it is spring break, as the band may not there which would be a shame if that is the case. Clarkson has a great band and lively band. You'd love them if they were a BC band, as they get into the chanting and the whole bit. You would eat that up.
          My experience with ECAC bands is that they are generally great with the cheering and the liveliness and not so great with the instrumentation.
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            Given you are driving all the way from CT why the worry about ticket pricing ?. Parking is FREE !!!!
            Four dollars?!?!?!?!

Joe -- bail?
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

My experience with ECAC bands is that they are generally great with the cheering and the liveliness and not so great with the instrumentation.
              Ha -- yes, this.

Comment

Four dollars?!?!?!?!

Joe -- bail?
                Yeah, screw that. Totally not worth it.

Wait, $4 American or Canadian?
                -

Comment

Oh nice. Q's arena is one of my favorites.

Cheel Arena is NOTHING like TD in Hamden. I think the manure emanating off the fields in North Country is getting to him. It's a whole lot more like Conte than it is like TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                    Cheel Arena is NOTHING like TD in Hamden. I think the manure emanating off the fields in North Country is getting to him. It's a whole lot more like Conte than it is like TD.
                    I've been to both Cheel and TD several times and I think they're quite similar. I also think Conte is similar, on a much larger scale, although I think Conte's sight lines for hockey are pretty poor and I had my choice of seats the last time I was there for a CCT/BC game.
                    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                    21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                    7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                    National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Oh I didn't even think of that. If we're just talking a couple of Toonies that would certainly help.

Comment

Yeah, screw that. Totally not worth it.

Potsdam and environs are about 30 min south of Canadian border. The $4 you spend on tickets I can guarantee you will more than save on the price of beer relative to New England pricing. $3-$4 per beer is the norm here

Comment

Potsdam and environs are about 30 min south of Canadian border. The $4 you spend on tickets I can guarantee you will more than save on the price of beer relative to New England pricing. $3-$4 per beer is the norm here
                          I don't drink. YOUR MOVE, T!

Comment

They do??? Really? I've Never noticed any accent haha
                            Yeah they don't know their EH's or their Sacrefices.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                              As far as charging for tickets, I believe that's regulated by the NC$$ as it is their tournament. The last time I was up there for a women's game, I believe it was free or maybe a $5 general admission. Our women's games barely draw 100 fans on most nights, although the ECAC represented well for the league tournament. Clarkson's website says the women's tickets for this weekend are $10 adult, $6 student/senior, $4 for kids 12 and under.
                              There was probably about 1000 fans each day last weekend at Clarkson.

Comment

I don't drink. YOUR MOVE, T!
                                It's okay, I'll drink enough for the both of us. Especially if BC loses.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X