Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    I bet that had to hurt.
    He cheers for UW, it's actually an improvement for him.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 3/14 3/15...Only Need Two

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      As far as I can tell, being the two schools that play mostly like this, it has had a major impact on the entire league. I struck up a conversation with an MSU player at Yost Friday- asking him if he's noticed it or if I was dreaming. He was pretty clear that the entire conference has shifted in their style of game to be more simlilar with Michigan and Minnesota.

I know mistakes drive fans totally nuts, and that many goals are seen as softies- but in general, this is the most entertaining hockey to watch. Even if we lose.

I've been looking forward to this weekend since the BC game.
      Maybe but not sure. UW has held MN as its arch rival for decades. Its style is very defensive, clog the middle and counter attack in nature. I know that won't change. I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU and OSU shift to that approach.

I hope your right.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Hmm... that is a tough one. There are pretty good reasons to hate both and true WI was easier for a long time, but the ugly helmets are moving back up the list very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          Well, cheering for Michigan DOES have the advantage of watching games where your team doesn't act as a cure for insomnia.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Maybe but not sure. UW has held MN as its arch rival for decades. Its style is very defensive, clog the middle and counter attack in nature. I know that won't change. I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU and OSU shift to that approach.

I hope your right.
            Seems like it has- like I've said in other threads- other B1G teams have changed a lot. I can see Wisconsin trying the more open game against us- and it worked more than it didn't. What I didn't expect was to see Wisconsin do the same thing against OSU- that game was fascinating.

Like you guys- MSU has been our rival for decades, and back to the Ron Mason days, they where primarily a defensive team- just lock down, slow down, and frustrating as heck to play. But not this year. Things have changed. I didn't expect the MSU player I talked to admit the change, but he did. I was expecting more of a "not as much as you think...." kind of answer. Instead it was total confirmation that thing have gotten faster and more open.

I very much hope what I see is real and will last a long time. If so, this B1G thing is awesome.

At least we know what to expect at Yost this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
              Well, cheering for Michigan DOES have the advantage of watching games where your team doesn't act as a cure for insomnia.
              True but the rage from having to watch a team with ugly helmets does balance the scale back a bit.

Comment

While Gurt and I would normally be perfectly happy with cheering against the golden rodents in any scenario, the idea that getting swept by Michigan opens the door for UW to maybe win the conference title outright does add a cherry to the top of the **** sundae we'd like the gophers to eat this weekend.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  While Gurt and I would normally be perfectly happy with cheering against the golden rodents in any scenario, the idea that getting swept by Michigan opens the door for UW to maybe win the conference title outright does add a cherry to the top of the **** sundae we'd like the gophers to eat this weekend.
                  So you think bucky and it's amazing 4-7-1 record away from home can pull off their first away sweep of the season, NOT against a celler dwelling expansion team that took you to overtime? Good luck with that because you may have your own **** sundae ready if that's what you're waiting for.

Well, you did say "maybe" so I guess that's your cop out.

Comment

Seems like a slim reed for your team to hold onto...being 5 points back. I always heard that stuff flows down hill. Enjoy!
                    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      So you think bucky and it's amazing 4-7-1 record away from home can pull off their first away sweep of the season, NOT against a celler dwelling expansion team that took you to overtime? Good luck with that because you may have your own **** sundae ready if that's what you're waiting for.

Well, you did say "maybe" so I guess that's your cop out.
                      That is absolutely my cop out.

I'll go on record saying that a Badger sweep this weekend is more likely than a Wolverine sweep, but I'm rooting for both all the same.

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                      Seems like a slim reed for your team to hold onto...being 5 points back. I always heard that stuff flows down hill. Enjoy!
                      If sports has taught me nothing else, it's how to root for wonderful things with the full expectation of being woefully disappointed.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

That is absolutelyIf sports has taught me nothing else, it's how to root for wonderful things with the full expectation of being woefully disappointed.
                        Here's hoping that this weekend meets your expectations!
                        "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Just give us the damn trophy already. It was ours to lose since the beginning of the season, it's just no one wanted to admit it.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            A goodie, more time with Mr. Serious aka UMICH.
                            You're a ******, have a fantastic night....
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              You're a ******, have a fantastic night....
                              "Great guy" is eight asterisks, sporto. Nine, if you include the space.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Things just got real.

Comment

Working...
                                X