2014 NCAA Quarterfinal Boston University @ Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal Boston University @ Minnesota

I didn't expect to see BU in Minneapolis. A rematch of the 2013 NCAA championship final...in the same building.

Thought it would probably be Quinni until earlier today. As long as it isn't NoDak again...it's cool.

Tickets on sale tomorrow AM and I'll be buying early. Could be a tough ticket on game day.
    Minnesota Hockey

Re: 2014 NCAA Quarterfinal Boston University @ Minnesota

Personally, I'd assumed Quinnipiac was dead as an at-large team after losing the series with Robert Morris. For a long time, it looked like the final team into the tournament would have a pretty strong won-lost record, but then teams started playing like nobody wanted to come to Minnesota. Can't really blame them; the weather hasn't been much of an attraction. But it has improved massively over the weekend, and I'm happy with the opponent. Selfishly, Brian Durocher is always a great interview, BU has a good SID, so it's all good.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Just off the phone with Gopher ticket office. Was told only GA tickets remain. I don't know if maybe all seats are GA for this game? No trouble as that's what I usually buy anyway...but was going to buy specific reserved seats if I could have.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
        Just off the phone with Gopher ticket office. Was told only GA tickets remain. I don't know if maybe all seats are GA for this game? No trouble as that's what I usually buy anyway...but was going to buy specific reserved seats if I could have.
        Got a reserved seat this a.m. right after they opened, but was told they were picked over. I didn't know there were that many season ticket holders, but maybe they could buy extras.

Comment

I haven't decided yet how I would feel if BU won this game.

I know I would be REALLY GRUMPY if they win and BC loses. But if we both win... I don't know what my reaction would be.

EDIT: I am under the assumption that it's not a possibility that BU wins, but just sayin'. In the crazy world of hypotheticals between my ears.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Let's just wait and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Got a reserved seat this a.m. right after they opened, but was told they were picked over. I didn't know there were that many season ticket holders, but maybe they could buy extras.
              Don't you have a seat reserved in the press box?
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                Don't you have a seat reserved in the press box?
                My better half does not, and she was flying to Boston of all places this morning.

Comment

My better half does not, and she was flying to Boston of all places this morning.
                  Her East Coast bias is showing!
                  "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

They didn't offer me the opportunity to buy extra seats - and I didn't ask - but they are allowing season ticket holders to buy their regular seats until EOD Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                      ... they are allowing season ticket holders to buy their regular seats until EOD Wednesday.
                      I'll be in my usual spot near the band.
                      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

I know I would be REALLY GRUMPY if they win and BC loses. But if we both win... I don't know what my reaction would be.

EDIT: I am under the assumption that it's not a possibility that BU wins, but just sayin'. In the crazy world of hypotheticals between my ears.
                        With the recent wind seemingly in BU's sails UM fans should be hoping that their team doesn't pop those half game tranquilizers like they did just before their last game with UMD.

Comment

That may possibly be the nicest thing I've ever read you write about BU!! Good luck to all Boston teams!!
                          Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            With the recent wind seemingly in BU's sails UM fans should be hoping that their team doesn't pop those half game tranquilizers like they did just before their last game with UMD.
                            I'm more worried about Lefort and Warren than I am about any wind.

Comment

Can BU win this game? I guess there is always a chance, but I personally don't think they have the forward depth to keep up with Minnesota the whole game and I also don't think they are good enough defensively to ward off the pressure Minnesota can bring to the opposing team in their zone.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                              X