X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    I agree with you Ralph. Rival or not Bennett's actions were totally unacceptable. As I recall he was angry because Appert didn't hold his players on the bench at game end, And that is the rule. Don't believe he did that last night
    Coach of the Year doesn't have character factor like the Hobey does. Maybe it should.

Western spin--Think most would agree that Union outplayed Minni. Personally I was glad to see them beat the gophers. tArrogance has become both tedious and irritating.
    I never said his actions were acceptable, as a matter of fact, I agree with you that they were unacceptable. I am referring to whether or not he has to disclose the reasons he did what he did. It is my opinion that he does not have to disclose that.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Assuming that you mean Bennett and not me. He would have no trouble getting the better of me.
      Good one Ralph! My comment to you was more generalized than personal.
      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
        Well, I respectfully disagree with you. You can want to know why, Ralph wants to know why, I would like to know why, however, he does not need to explain himself in my opinion......and we are all entitled to our opinions.
        He doesn't need to explain himself, Union needs to explain their actions. Even great coaches have been let go for hitting players in the past and throwing punches at an opposing coach and actually hitting an opposing player is not acceptable in college sports.
        And yet, he is still coaching at Union. Why???
        I congratulate the Union team for their accomplishment, and they evidently have a great coach who led them to the top. But does that give him the right to physically attack the opposition??? I think not.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          He doesn't need to explain himself, Union needs to explain their actions. Even great coaches have been let go for hitting players in the past and throwing punches at an opposing coach and actually hitting an opposing player is not acceptable in college sports.
          And yet, he is still coaching at Union. Why???
          I congratulate the Union team for their accomplishment, and they evidently have a great coach who led them to the top. But does that give him the right to physically attack the opposition??? I think not.
          And of course his actions and suspension were never mentioned during the ESPN telecasts. Oh well . At this point I'm more worried about the state of RPI hockey and how the school and or Appert plan to get this program going in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
            My comment to you was more generalized than personal.
            I realize that.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
              And of course his actions and suspension were never mentioned during the ESPN telecasts. Oh well . At this point I'm more worried about the state of RPI hockey and how the school and or Appert plan to get this program going in the right direction.
              I agree with that. The most important question is how can RPI improve itself. The Bennett incident appears to be regarded as over by those in power. We will assuredly revisit it many times in the future, at least as long as he coaches Union, but that won't change anything.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree with that. The most important question is how can RPI improve itself. The Bennett incident appears to be regarded as over by those in power. We will assuredly revisit it many times in the future, at least as long as he coaches Union, but that won't change anything.
                Sadly, I am beginning to wonder if the people at the top level of the Institute care if the hockey team returns to respectability or if athletics in general excels.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                  Sadly, I am beginning to wonder if the people at the top level of the Institute care if the hockey team returns to respectability or if athletics in general excels.
                  If it affects donations they will. One would also think that success by Union at our expense might be noticed, but maybe not since we are not that really rivals for students, research money, or anything except for space and time in the local media and attention by local residents.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If it affects donations they will. One would also think that success by Union at our expense might be noticed, but maybe not since we are not that really rivals for students, research money, or anything except for space and time in the local media and attention by local residents.
                    How much do hockey fans and alumns donate? I doubt that it is more than a drop in the bucket as compared to total donations. I don't think the top admin at RPI cares that much about local media coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I agree with that. The most important question is how can RPI improve itself.
                      Agreed. I also think the Union win challenges some of the reasons that have been made for lack of success, i.e., facility, scholarships, academic standards, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                        Agreed. I also think the Union win challenges some of the reasons that have been made for lack of success, i.e., facility, scholarships, academic standards, etc.
                        Agreed,
                        Since we are at least equal on those areas, why aren't we even in the running for the championship.
                        Over the last several years, we have had players leave early for the professional ranks, and we have had players drafted by the NHL. So why are we so far behind? Talent seems to be coming our way, but they are not putting it together on the ice. Many people are going to blame the coaching staff, and they do have to take some responsibility, but the players themselves have to take some responsibility also. We have gotten used to losing, and it just is no big deal to this team. Someone has to change that mentality. We have to stop being satisfied with mediocrity. JMO
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                          Considering Colonel ********* is kissing Union's butt by delivering them the trophy, RPI is doomed to mediocrity with him AND Appert at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Considering Colonel ********* is kissing Union's butt by delivering them the trophy, RPI is doomed to mediocrity with him AND Appert at the helm.
                            You do realize he's on an NCAA commitee, right?
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              You do realize he's on an NCAA commitee, right?
                              Not only is he on the committee, he's the chair. It is literally his job to give out the trophy.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Not only is he on the committee, he's the chair. It is literally his job to give out the trophy.
                                I highly doubt he would have travelled 1300 miles to give it to the Gophers.

Comment

Working...
                                X