X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    There officially is no god.
    Just congratulate them for having an undeniably excellent season and an excellent team to execute the whole thing, and move on.

As of right now, every team in the country has the same record again.
    Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUD08 View Post
      There officially is no god.
      a pantheist would retort that there are 26 deities....
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        Just congratulate them for having an undeniably excellent season and an excellent team to execute the whole thing, and move on.

I think FD actually has a beef with the team itself, whereas, as you know, my beef is just with Dumb and Dumber.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Congratulate a team that starts fights because they lose a game, and a coach that punches student athletes? They don't deserve it, even if they think they have good intentions. I'm sure the alumni have also committed recruiting violations.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I'm sure the alumni have also committed recruiting violations.
            I hate to say this FD, but I think it's time you laid down on the couch and spoke to the person wearing the white coat.
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
              I hate to say this FD, but I think it's time you laid down on the couch and spoke to the person wearing the white coat.
              Hahahahahahahaha! Way too late for that.

Comment

Absolutely. No other way to look at it. Have to credit this team for their coaching, skill, and execution. This may be good for hockey in the Capital District too. Hopefully it will spur some more interest at the youth level and among our local media, many (not all, but many) of whom seem to think hoops in any way shape or form is the only thing that matters around here. And the ECAC is back in it as a league. After 23 years without even getting a team into the championship game, you have two titles in two years. Not too shabby.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  Hahahahahahahaha! Way too late for that.
                  Agreed! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post
                    Absolutely. No other way to look at it. Have to credit this team for their coaching, skill, and execution. This may be good for hockey in the Capital District too. Hopefully it will spur some more interest at the youth level and among our local media, many (not all, but many) of whom seem to think hoops in any way shape or form is the only thing that matters around here. And the ECAC is back in it as a league. After 23 years without even getting a team into the championship game, you have two titles in two years. Not too shabby.
                    Give them credit and forget the brawl. That was one bad decision by Bodie in a season where that team made very few bad decisions.
                    We shall see how the western teams spin this. They are still unlikely to accept the ecac as a power n

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Congratulate a team that starts fights because they lose a game, and a coach that punches student athletes? They don't deserve it, even if they think they have good intentions. I'm sure the alumni have also committed recruiting violations.
                      Yes, really. I can't stand that they started that scummy fracas, but we really need to move on from that. Do you still hate your little brother for picking a fight with you when you were both little kids?
                      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                        Give them credit and forget the brawl. That was one bad decision by Bodie in a season where that team made very few bad decisions.
                        We shall see how the western teams spin this. They are still unlikely to accept the ecac as a power n
                        Well said, they actually brought more credence to the ECAC. And we will all benefit from that. Yale and Union back to back. Can't argue with that.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

1954 - RPI beats Minnesota in the national championship game.

2014 - Union beats Minnesota in the national championship game.

I'm calling it now - in 2074, UAlbany (they've got plenty of time to get their act together and start a Division I hockey program) will complete the hat trick for the Capital District by beating Minnesota in the national championship game.

Best part about making a prediction like this - if I'm wrong, I won't be around for anybody to tell me about it, anyway.

Comment

Personally I feel that Mat Bodie has paid his debt and appears to be basically a good kid who got carried away. OTOH IMHO Bennett still has a lot of explaining to do.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM. Reason: grammar
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Personally I feel that Mat Bodie has paid his debt and appears to be basically a good kid who got a carried away. OTOH IMHO Bennett still has a lot of explaining to do.
                              I agree 100% Ralph. That was inexcusable and Clarkson fired Coach Morris for much, much less.

Interestingly enough, I was sitting in front of a couple of RPI fans last night. Of all the ECAC folks who pretty much rooted for the league, it seems some of your fans really couldn't turn to the dark side. Personally, I'll root for any ECAC team in the tournament and it helps that most Clarkson fans don't mind our friends over at (t) and we wish them success against teams that aren't us (having a respectable coach like Marsh certainly helped). Cornell... well, I'd have to hold my nose but I think I'd root for them.
                              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                              7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Yes, really. I can't stand that they started that scummy fracas, but we really need to move on from that. Do you still hate your little brother for picking a fight with you when you were both little kids?
                                I wouldn't know; I grew up in an only child setting.

Comment

Working...
                                X