This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Hmm...the winning goal in last night's Minn - NoDak game was eerily reminiscent of another last-second goal from several years ago, no? (absent the controversy)

Regarding our rivalry with Onion, my own personal view has been in any rivaly of which I've been a part: as long as we win, I don't mind (too much) if my rival does well...to a certain extent, the better they do, the better I feel when I beat them!

or to paraphrase a very successful coach from another sport, "It isn't as much fun when you beat a bad team."
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
      The ice breaker tournament is at Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana this year, not in Minnesota.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Per RPI on Twitter, this is the non-con schedule for next season, dates to be determined:

Home
        PEI (exhibition)
        Bentley x2
        BU
        Miami x2

Away
        Icebreaker (Notre Dame, then Minnesota/UMD)
        Denver x2
        Michigan x2
        UConn
        UNH
        UC (Albany)
        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
          Per RPI on Twitter, this is the non-con schedule for next season, dates to be determined:

Home
          PEI (exhibition)
          Bentley x2
          BU
          Miami x2

Away
          Denver x2
          Michigan x2
          UConn
          UNH
          UC (Albany)
          That is a very challenging schedule, especially the away portion with trips to Denver, Ann Arbor and South Bend. Disappointing that only 16 out of 36 games will be at Houston Field House.
          The Icebreaker is October 10 & 12, so the PEI game is the 3rd or 4th. According to an earlier post the Denver Series is Oct.17-18. Union would be January 24.

Comment

Ryan Haggerty was named 2nd team All-American http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...410141834.aspx.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 12 April 2014. There are 175 days (25 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                That is a very challenging schedule, especially the away portion with trips to Denver, Ann Arbor and South Bend. Disappointing that only 16 out of 36 games will be at Houston Field House.
                The Icebreaker is October 10 & 12, so the PEI game is the 3rd or 4th. According to an earlier post the Denver Series is Oct.17-18. Union would be January 24.
                UPEI is likely October 4th. Only Alaska can play on the 3rd, as per NCAA rules.

Union's finals are November 21/22, so one of the NC series will be there.

We already know about the NC Union game, so it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the one-offs on the 23rd of that month, either Connecticut or New Hampshire most likely. We typically do a "home/away" involving Hockey East teams (or HEA and AHA) in a weekend (one glaring exception being 12/13 with BU/UNH so it isn't in stone, but if I were a betting man I'd put money on the home/away happening), so expect to see BU paired with the other one of those.

The Harvard away game will probably be some Tuesday in November, given RPI must give room for the Beanpot.

We also need to fit in the Union home/home, unless we separate it out this year, as we did in 09/10.

From what I can tell with the schedule, as well as our typical locations for a bye week, we might be playing at home for New Years this year. Can't play Michigan then because of the GLI, Connecticut has their tournament then (although converted into a Governor's cup of sorts), and any of the other possibilities are known.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Union's finals are November 21/22, so one of the NC series will be there.

We already know about the NC Union game, so it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the one-offs on the 23rd of that month, either Connecticut or New Hampshire most likely. We typically do a "home/away" involving Hockey East teams (or HEA and AHA) in a weekend (one glaring exception being 12/13 with BU/UNH so it isn't in stone, but if I were a betting man I'd put money on the home/away happening), so expect to see BU paired with the other one of those.

The Harvard away game will probably be some Tuesday in November, given RPI must give room for the Beanpot.

We also need to fit in the Union home/home, unless we separate it out this year, as we did in 09/10.

From what I can tell with the schedule, as well as our typical locations for a bye week, we might be playing at home for New Years this year. Can't play Michigan then because of the GLI, Connecticut has their tournament then (although converted into a Governor's cup of sorts), and any of the other possibilities are known.
                  Union home is Oct 31/Away Nov 1.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post

Home
                    PEI (exhibition)
                    Bentley x2
                    BU
                    Miami x2

Away
                    Denver x2
                    Michigan x2
                    UConn
                    UNH
                    UC (Albany)
                    With our depleted roster, this is going to be a very difficult season.
                    Throw in league games against Union, Quinnipiac, Yale and Colgate and it will be tough just to stay above .500.
                    With all the disappointments the last couple of seasons, Maybe we will have a surprise to the upside this coming season.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      It also could be on Sunday 10/5 if UPEI is also playing elsewhere that weekend.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Seth Appert ‏@SethAppert 1h
                        Good luck to @zalews73 on his NHL debut tonight - very proud of you
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
                          Union home is Oct 31/Away Nov 1.
                          That makes sense. It also would be nice to have a home series new year!s weekend. Though, with 20 of 36 games away from Houston, there will still be one or two long stretches without a home game..

I have heard that the league may be looking at the Harvard scheduling break for the Beanpot. It may still be a year or two away, but that could go by the boards soon. It has not improved Harvard' performance in that event and it certainly screws up the ecac schedule. The bean pot ain't what it used to be; at least outside of route 128.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            With our depleted roster, this is going to be a very difficult season.
                            Throw in league games against Union, Quinnipiac, Yale and Colgate and it will be tough just to stay above .500.
                            With all the disappointments the last couple of seasons, Maybe we will have a surprise to the upside this coming season.
                            I think you will see this team do better than expected. Not likely we will see a hobey finalist or All-America (kasdorf?) but if these guys all play hard there is enough talent to get home ice and finish at or above .500

Comment

There officially is no god.

Comment

Today is 13 April 2014. There are 174 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X