This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Even though our misplay set up the SHG, that was a nice effort on the Dart player's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We're going to miss this next season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwZVLak7-ZI.
      Typical Appert and his 5F PP idea. IT DOESN'T WORK! Hell, I could put 6:1 odds on our PP converting with extra dollars for SHGA, and I'd make a killing.

Comment

And what was just as bad was the 2F, 3D unit that followed. What's wrong with 4 forwards?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          And what was just as bad was the 2F, 3D unit that followed. What's wrong with 4 forwards?
          When the D-man plays like a forward and is the worst when it comes to turnovers, a lot.

Comment

Today is 3 April 2014. There are 184 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
              Why would you respond to a post week weeks after it was made stating that most people wouldn't argue with it and it was a fair assessment if you were having trouble understanding it? If you need help, just ask. I'm sure someone would be happy to help clarify whatever is confusing you.
              I was not confused by the comment. Plenty of frustration for RPI fans. Venting is part of the benefit of this site. Unfortunately, I ddin't see the date when I first read the comment. Sometimes my computer brings up the posts in strange order. I get older posts first. I agree that my comment would've been more appropriate when your post first appeared. Sorry for the bad timing.

Comment

Most will admit that the RPI Power Play has not been very good the past 8 years. Even the NCAA Team with Polacek and Helfrich as seniors only converted on 17.6% of their PP opportunities. The best conversion rate, a very solid 20.4%, was last year's 18-14-5 team. Interestingly, they spread the PP goals around with Bailen and Laliberte getting 7 each, Haggerty had 4, Neal and Lee 3 and Zalewski 2. I think that Haggerty's torrid scoring pace in October and November may be one of the reasons the offense was so bad the rest of the year. Perhaps some of the other guys who were expected to contribute more to the offense, may have deferred to the hot hand too much and never got back into the flow. One theory, anyway. There are certainly other reasons why this season was so disappointing.

Comment

When I saw the following quote....

“This team has always had the will to be a really good team but didn’t know how to put it together,” [the coach] said. “I fall back on the strength of character in our locker room. As a staff, we had to help bring that out and bring it to the forefront. The rest is [up to] the players.”
                  it reminded me of something OGC said earlier this season. Of course, the usual contingent lambasted him for it. What do they say today about the team whose coach was quoted above?
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

We're going to miss this next season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwZVLak7-ZI.
                    Ralph, why you gotta be like that. I had almost blocked that game out.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Ralph, why you gotta be like that. I had almost blocked that game out.
                      I apologize.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                        I think that Haggerty's torrid scoring pace in October and November may be one of the reasons the offense was so bad the rest of the year. Perhaps some of the other guys who were expected to contribute more to the offense, may have deferred to the hot hand too much and never got back into the flow. One theory, anyway. There are certainly other reasons why this season was so disappointing.
                        That has also crossed my mind. We won't have that problem next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Banquet info http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...403141300.aspx.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

could be without 3 of the Sr.s plus Haggs and Z. Wonder if another disappointing season will affect the turnout.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              could be without 3 of the Sr.s plus Haggs and Z. Wonder if another disappointing season will affect the turnout.
                              after looking at the AHL standings Bridgeport looks to be out of the playoffs & Worcester is 3 points out, so both Higgsy & Beef could be at the banquet (both their regular seasons ends April 19). SC looks to be in the playoffs in the ECHL so if Matt sticks he could be a no-show. Be interesting to see if Haggs and/or Z would be there.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 4 April 2014. There are 183 days (6 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X