This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

I don't think that anyone linked RPI-TV's video with all the home goals from this year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZ6...ature=youtu.be. Of course many are on the Haggerty and Zalewski videos.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
      It's great to have the "voice of reason" back on this forum!

Thanks-Not sure of how much 'reason' is left. But getting back into some activities is helping a lot. I have discovered that life is full of terrific highs and terrible lows-perhaps the reason that Lithium exists and why years ago electroshock therapy was in vogue(and perhaps should be usded more often today).
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Glad to see you back Doc! Hope all is well.
        Appreciate the thoughts-it will never be the same, but it is all part of life.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          welcome back Doc.
          See you in Princeton this coming year?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Thanks-Not sure of how much 'reason' is left. But getting back into some activities is helping a lot. I have discovered that life is full of terrific highs and terrible lows-perhaps the reason that Lithium exists and why years ago electroshock therapy was in vogue(and perhaps should be usded more often today).
            It's always good to see your writing on here.

Comment

Vote today?... http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                BTW, voting ends on Monday.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  The Doctor Is In. After 30 days of completely not following anything hockey related-due to a life changing event-I have to now catch up and read pages upon pages of posts so that I can return to being a contributor here. For those who did not know, sometimes one has something happen that makes you realize the truly important things in life. For those who were aware, or i contacted, thank you for the support and wishes and i will never forget how helpful those messages were.

My support of RPI and RPI hockey is unwavering. I have been through this now for over 50 years. It can be disapponting, it can be frustrating. But it can be exciting and wonderful way to spend one's time. Besides, it can give you a chance to exchange thoughts and ideas with some of the brightest and most loyal fans on earth. Our hockey season is over-we will move on and hopefully in the right direction.

It is good to be back. Now i can try to be the same irreverent and sarcastic poster i have been. And Ralph, don't be so hard on me if I tend to stray off topic a bit either here or on the recruit thread(although i will do my best not to).
                  Welcome back, Doc! Hope you are well. And thanks for he sentiments... let's put this disappointing moment behind and build towards the new season.

Comment

"The NCAA invented the term student-athlete to prevent the exact ruling that was made today. For 60 years, people have bought into the notion that they are students only. The reality is players are employees, and today's ruling confirms that. The players are one giant step closer to justice."..... http://espn.go.com/college-football/...n-bid-unionize
                    But what if college hockey players were to also get paid? Would more players come to the colleges? Would the Canadian junior Leagues have to take note?..... http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...uniors/1/58964
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

"The NCAA invented the term student-athlete to prevent the exact ruling that was made today. For 60 years, people have bought into the notion that they are students only. The reality is players are employees, and today's ruling confirms that. The players are one giant step closer to justice."..... http://espn.go.com/college-football/...n-bid-unionize
                      I was wondering how the players could be "employees" if they are not being paid...then I read the fine print and noticed that there are agents who want to cash in on the athletes' endorsement potential while in college. This whole setup reeks to me. It is a thinly-disguised way for the athletes to receive endorsement money while in college without forfeiting "amateur" status. Now they can be exploited twice over. Sigh.

some "justice."
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        I was wondering how the players could be "employees" if they are not being paid...then I read the fine print and noticed that there are agents who want to cash in on the athletes' endorsement potential while in college. This whole setup reeks to me. It is a thinly-disguised way for the athletes to receive endorsement money while in college without forfeiting "amateur" status. Now they can be exploited twice over. Sigh.

some "justice."
                        FF: Not sure what this all changes just yet. In many cases, and in some sports in particular-the term student athlete is just a sham. The athlete is in college for one reason only-to receive money to play a sport and then he can move on to the professional level if he is good enough where he will get more money, but at least it will be out in the open and not called scholarship or financial aid of some type. The college sport in those cases simply serves as the minor league for the professional sport. Hockey has always been one of those sports that was a bit different. Sure there are some fellows who are in school just for the sport and have no pretense of being a student(more so at a few schools than others)-but on the whole, it is nowhere near as prevalent as in basketball or football. Hockey has a well developed minor league system-as does baseball-and can function quite well at deveoping players without the colleges if need be. But i totally agree with you-there is a distinct odor emanating here and I am not one of those that likes the smell.

Comment

Got some capital district connections in the ncaa Monty, Nate, Sneddy, Rick Bennett.
                          Where's Seth L

Comment

Today is 28 March 2014. There are 190 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                              Got some capital district connections in the ncaa Monty, Nate, Sneddy, Rick Bennett.
                              Where's Seth L
                              Perhaps out recruiting where it can help the team.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know we're not very inclined to be kindly disposed toward that team from Schenectady these days.

But after all those years of the ECAC taking so much garbage from Hockey East, I really do not want to see this year's top team in our league go down in the first round to a team that finished tied for seventh in that other league.

Tomorrow may be another story, but for today, I'm rooting for (cough! gag!) Union.

Comment

Working...
                                X