X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
    I guess perhaps you are not old enough to appreciate the years of futility some of us of the Geritol Generation have suffered through so I will attempt to educate you.
    Yeah, stop right there, grandpa.

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

but isn't that what starts people complaining in the first place?

Sorry, hard to resist a setup like that....
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Just for the sake of correctness, Holy Cross has certainly scored in the NCAA tourney since 1985 since they did beat Minnesota a while back.
        Oops forgot about that one. Thanks Ralph. So that makes 50 teams that have scored since we did.
        "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Oops forgot about that one. Thanks Ralph. So that makes 50 teams that have scored since we did.
          That makes your temper tantrum and sense of entitlement justified, then.

Comment

That makes your temper tantrum and sense of entitlement justified, then.
            My goodness, how sensitive. One would think you were running the team's publicity department, or perhaps you're an Appert relative the way you react to any RPI Hockey criticism. But then again you seem to be satisfied with mediocrity.
            "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

My goodness, how sensitive. One would think you were running the team's publicity department, or perhaps you're an Appert relative the way you react to any RPI Hockey criticism. But then again you seem to be satisfied with mediocrity.
              "Any?"

You really haven't been paying attention, have you? Hardly surprising.

Yes, anyone who doesn't agree with you is "satisfied with mediocrity." Never mind that practically everyone has fired off some criticism. Yours is the only legitimate criticism out there and anyone who won't just nod in agreement with you is clearly just a part of the... what was it that moron called it? Oh yes, the "cult of Seth."

Go ahead, believe that I'm some kind of publicist or relative if that is what it takes to soothe your delicate sensibilities.

Now hear this. Anyone who isn't as obsessed with NCAA tournament goals scored is hereby "satisfied with mediocrity."

Please.

Comment

I guess perhaps you are not old enough to appreciate the years of futility some of us of the Geritol Generation have suffered through so I will attempt to educate you. Since Servinis scored RPI's championship goal in 1985, 49 other Division 1 teams have scored in the NCAAs (I would list them but I figure you wouldn't read it anyway). Rensselaer has gone to the well 3 times since then and spit the bit each time. The only other program to do so was Holy Cross who did it once. Currently there are 11 active Division 1 programs who have not been to the NCAAs and thus have not scored since 1985. Two of them, Minnesota State and Robert Morris, have a chance to change that this coming weekend. I only expect this specific result - to have a representative team, not one which perpetually disappoints.
                You made some good points, but let's crawl before we walk. This is the only ECAC team that has not been to the ECAC Tournament semi-finals since 2003. Every other team in the conference has been at least twice. I think most fans would take a trip to Lake Placid in the next couple of seasons and savor that. Then we can begin to look to a return to the national stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                  You made some good points, but let's crawl before we walk. This is the only ECAC team that has not been to the ECAC Tournament semi-finals since 2003. Every other team in the conference has been at least twice. I think most fans would take a trip to Lake Placid in the next couple of seasons and savor that. Then we can begin to look to a return to the national stage.

Sad that it has come to this.

Comment

"Any?"

You really haven't been paying attention, have you? Hardly surprising.

Yes, anyone who doesn't agree with you is "satisfied with mediocrity." Never mind that practically everyone has fired off some criticism. Yours is the only legitimate criticism out there and anyone who won't just nod in agreement with you is clearly just a part of the... what was it that moron called it? Oh yes, the "cult of Seth."

Go ahead, believe that I'm some kind of publicist or relative if that is what it takes to soothe your delicate sensibilities.

Now hear this. Anyone who isn't as obsessed with NCAA tournament goals scored is hereby "satisfied with mediocrity."

Please.
                    Mediocrity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Today is 25 March 2014. There are 193 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                        Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        My vote for post of the year.

Comment

Vote today?.....http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                            You are right about that, but it has. I hope the debacle that was the last 2/3 of this season and the playoffs is rock bottom and that they will begin the long climb back during this offseason.

Comment

Today is 26 March 2014. There are 192 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                vote everyday!
                                Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X