X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The three which come to mind are that, the Holiday tourney, and the band on the stage. I don't know how much he if any he is responsible for the last of those.

Also although I liked the Holiday tourney we did seem to have a lot of trouble getting quality opponents. Perhaps that would be changing now with other conferences having more OOC games.
    I'll give them the holiday tourney because it truly was a money loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      heavy sigh

Seth likes us better in the stands. Apparently we're louder on the ice and the opposing bench.
      Any chance they could raise the stage so that the band would be above the glass? That would pump up the volume on the ice and bring back the intimidation factor. And the band members would be protected by the netting.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        Any chance they could raise the stage so that the band would be above the glass? That would pump up the volume on the ice and bring back the intimidation factor. And the band members would be protected by the netting.
        No, the band isn't going anywhere. They are stuck where they are. Drop it.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          heavy sigh

Seth likes us better in the stands. Apparently we're louder on the ice and the opposing bench.
          Yes the results have been staggering! You belong on the stage, above the glass. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            No, the band isn't going anywhere. They are stuck where they are. Drop it.
            No don't drop it. Come sit in Sec 14 and listen to the parents and families complain and move their seats, which there are more and more empty ones every year.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
              No don't drop it. Come sit in Sec 14 and listen to the parents and families complain and move their seats, which there are more and more empty ones every year.
              Good point. Even wearing an earpiece isn't enough.

Comment

Today is 23 March 2014. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  Yes the results have been staggering! You belong on the stage, above the glass. Period.
                  Speaking of results, Former assistant Jim Montgomery gets Denver to the NCAAS after winning the NCHC tournament in his first year.

Comment

Vote today?.... http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2013-14/
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                      I hear you, especially that Red light in the NCAAs. It has been inactive way too long.
                      You're a one trick pony. When you don't sound like you're actively rooting against the Engineers, you sound like you're entitled to some specific result.

You, sir, are the worst kind of "fan." At least FlagDUD is just clueless.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        You're a one trick pony. When you don't sound like you're actively rooting against the Engineers, you sound like you're entitled to some specific result.

You, sir, are the worst kind of "fan." At least FlagDUD is just clueless.
                        Everyone has different goals and expectations. The fact that these disagree with yours does not make the person bad.

And I see you're still obsessed with me. Perhaps you'd like to include another flag tag?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          And I see you're still obsessed with me. Perhaps you'd like to include another flag tag?
                          Yes. You've figured it out. The mere mention of your name is an obsession. Not like, for instance, making up things about other people.

Idiot.

And what the hell is a "flag tag?" Another one of your imaginary constructs?
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            And what the hell is a "flag tag?" Another one of your imaginary constructs?
                            A FLAG tag is an oligopeptide (DYKDDDDK) used for immunoprecipitation and affinity chromatography, like the His-tag or HA tag.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I can't decide if I should root for Union to win a game for the sake of the league or not.

OTOH, It will be interesting to see the temper tantrum that their coach will have if he doesn't get his way.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                                Speaking of results, Former assistant Jim Montgomery gets Denver to the NCAAS after winning the NCHC tournament in his first year.
                                Not surprised! He learned what not to do from Seth!:
                                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Working...
                                X