X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Today is 22 March 2014. There are 196 days (28 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
    1) Ralph this countdown is very depressing.

2) I just voted for Higgs and noted his percentage is falling. C'mon guys keep voting.

3) Okay, so the ECAC didn't get 5 teams in the NCAAs as looked possible early on. As of last night's (Friday) results, Colgate pulled off a miracle finish and it appears that 3 ECAC teams will make the field as Cornell looks to have no chance. My question to all is - should there be a consolation game? Some might argue that it can work against a team on the bubble. But this year clearly Cornell would still have a chance to make the NCAAs if the ECAC kept the consolation. So it can work either way. In my opinion, I would rather see the consolation restored. It is better for the fans of the semi-final losers that made the trip to Lake Placid because they see a second game. It also eliminates the uncertainty of keeping a hotel room for Saturday night and it helps the local economy to boot. Since the ice is up and the venue is available I can really see no downside economically. Can more hockey be a bad thing? So why was it eliminated?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
      1) Ralph this countdown is very depressing.
      Because the number is so high?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

reminds me of the "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode; Ray gives the "perfect birthday gift" to his Dad but now he's worried. Wifey (Debra) says, but now you don't have to worry for 365 days.....Ray answers, you silly broad, you don't get it....now I have 365 days TO worry about it.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Today is March 20, 2014. There aren't any players ahead of Brock Higgs! Did you vote today?

Vote HERE.
          Vote today?
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Exactly. I look at that number and feel like Andy Dufresne crawling through 500 yards of a foul-smelling, well-known product. There are too many days left to even begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
            "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Vote today?
              Today was the first time I saw Higgsy as the Profiled Player (on the right of page). Reading his bio I found the last line to be somewhat strange. How long ago were these players nominated (rhetorical)?....... also finished second. Thus far this season, Brock has two goals and three assists for five points in the team’s first four games.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                Exactly. I look at that number and feel like Andy Dufresne crawling through 500 yards of a foul-smelling, well-known product. There are too many days left to even begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
                I could stop doing it. As I mentioned before, the reason that I started doing this probably now over a decade ago is because we didn't post nearly as much and the thread often fell back a page or two. As someone who believes in tradition I still do it every year.

BTW, I hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am not sure.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today was the first time I saw Higgsy as the Profiled Player (on the right of page). Reading his bio I found the last line to be somewhat strange. How long ago were these players nominated (rhetorical)?....... also finished second. Thus far this season, Brock has two goals and three assists for five points in the team’s first four games.
                  It does seem like he rarely shows up, but there are a lot of nominees. I noticed that it was old too.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I could stop doing it. As I mentioned before, the reason that I started doing this probably now over a decade ago is because we didn't post nearly as much and the thread often fell back a page or two. As someone who believes in tradition I still do it every year.

I hear you, especially that Red light in the NCAAs. It has been inactive way too long.

Comment

Vote today?
                      Duly voted.
                      Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

I like the tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I like the tradition.
                          Of course OGC does not appear to believe in most traditions except for "the Engineer way".
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Of course OGC does not appear to believe in most traditions except for "the Engineer way".
                            You referring to Puckman, or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              You referring to Puckman, or something else?
                              The three which come to mind are that, the Holiday tourney, and the band on the stage. I don't know how much he if any he is responsible for the last of those.

Also although I liked the Holiday tourney we did seem to have a lot of trouble getting quality opponents. Perhaps that would be changing now with other conferences having more OOC games.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

...and the band on the stage. I don't know how much he if any he is responsible for the last of those.
                                heavy sigh

Seth likes us better in the stands. Apparently we're louder on the ice and the opposing bench.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X