This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Hockey's Future thread on Z signing http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1624333. Lots of misinformation.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Hockey's Future thread on Z signing http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1624333. Lots of misinformation.
      What, them calling him a D-man?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
        Wow. Well, best wishes to those who are going off to follow their dreams. Make us proud!
        We certainly wish all these guys the best and look forward to seeing them in the NHL.
        However, this leaves us really short at the forward position next season. The 2013/14 freshman class are going to get thrown into the fire early and often next season. I hope they were paying close attention while they were sitting this year.
        Expectations for next years team has taken a turn for the worse.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          What, them calling him a D-man?
          That's one. Two is mixing him up with Haggerty. Three is not knowing that he can't be sent to the AHL at this time.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            We certainly wish all these guys the best and look forward to seeing them in the NHL.
            However, this leaves us really short at the forward position next season. The 2013/14 freshman class are going to get thrown into the fire early and often next season. I hope they were paying close attention while they were sitting this year.
            Expectations for next years team has taken a turn for the worse.
            I wonder if SA has another recruit ready to sign like Rodriguez two days ago. I doubt it, but we can hope.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              That's one. Two is mixing him up with Haggerty. Three is not knowing that he can't be sent to the AHL at this time.
              Love this quote from that thread:

is this one of the ones where if he defies the odds and makes it in the NHL we have to listen to the words "...out of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute," in every national broadcast for the forseeable future
              Yes.
              RPI Class of 2012
              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

It's too bad that Jacob Hayhurst is probably still a HS junior http://ojhl_site.stats.pointstreak.c...gameid=2409903. (This was posted with about 8:30 left in the first period.)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                  Love this quote from that thread:
                  I had a chuckle when I read that also.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Both guys left early concern about this freshman class and next years coming in. Maybe Seth has 7. 5 foot 170 lbs guys coming in
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      I would respectfully disagree, in part, and reluctantly concur, in part.
                      In my business, that's fence sitting.

It seems to me that we lack appropriate focus. Priorities aren't clear or are too diffuse. Attention to detail is spread too thin compared to the available resources. Hence my consistent mention of the support staff. A head coach is more of a CEO of a mid-sized business these days. What OGC needs more than anything else, I'd suggest, is a good HR person.
                      He has assistant coaches. Trainers. Athletic Director and his staff. What more does he need? A D1 hockey coach is not a CEO of anything. He needs to worry about player character, their educational capability, and mixing the right personalities and skill set to win. He has no P&L to worry about. Not marketing or sales. Just win, and graduate, baby!

In that regard, not so much a "consultant" as a "second opinion" might be helpful. That is exactly why even a small to mid-sized business has a board of directors, someone to provide perspective on long-term development. ANY coach has to deal with plenty of short-term tactical issues. There also has to be a process for long-term assessment as well. It seems to me that it is in this latter area that OGC is still learning and developing.
                      Again, he has a staff. His team is quite small, if you insist on relating it to a business. All of the support you recommend is pretty divisive, and top-heavy, like a government institution.
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I have a feeling these two leaving are just the beginning of things to come. Guess I know now who the Vancouver scout was there looking at last Sunday.

Comment

It's ok we still have our resident grandpa in Laliberté who scored like 400 goals in juniors. We'll be fine.

Comment

On a positive note, I've seen Drew Melanson play in the USHL, and you'll be happy with him next year. He'll make a difference for the Engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                              I have a feeling these two leaving are just the beginning of things to come. Guess I know now who the Vancouver scout was there looking at last Sunday.
                              ....so are you saying, "bad news comes in threes"?
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaportrail View Post
                                On a positive note, I've seen Drew Melanson play in the USHL, and you'll be happy with him next year. He'll make a difference for the Engineers.
                                I hope that you are right.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X