X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Cry me a river, *****.

Of course it was significantly sub-par. Want a cookie?
    Whatever you say, Mister Hockey Forum Tough Guy.
    Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
      Whatever you say, Mister Hockey Forum Tough Guy.
      Look who's talking. You're the only one demanding something of someone.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I've sat back and taken in all that there is to take in with this thread. I've had some time to process Sunday's monumental collapse, and I believe I've come up with an eminently reasonable solution to this team's problems that everyone here should find acceptable.

Fire everyone.

Fire the coach.

Fire his assistants.

Fire the AD.

Fire the assistant AD.

Explain to me what exactly it is the director of hockey operations does, and then fire him.

Fire anyone who helps with recruiting and replace them with FlagDUDE08. He will use a USHR subscription and the internet, and he will do a better job.

Fire the equipment manager.

Fire the trainers.

Fire the PA announcer.

Fire the guy who designed the jerseys.

Fire the entire marketing department.

Revoke the scholarship from every single player on the team. I don't care what happens in return.

Fire the guy at Houston Field House who makes the hot dogs. Every time I eat one, I taste three decades of failure. Way to go, *******s: you've somehow managed to ruin hot dogs.

Travel back in time and fire Liver Houston, who thought it was a good idea to bring hockey back to RPI.

**** every fan of any other team that claims to "hate" the Engineers. You haven't earned the right to say that.

Make it so I don't feel like calling social services whenever I see a kid wearing an RPI jersey.

Stop celebrating the 1964 team. Breaking news: they lost. Looking forward to the 2061 pregame ceremony where we applaud the 2011 team and pretend we don't know how it ended.

But hey, speaking of 2061, it's entirely possible that we'll have won a national championship by then. Here is a brief list of things that are more possible:

• Complete nuclear annihilation

• Massive earthquake destroys Troy

• Massive earthquake destroys the Frozen Four city with the Engineers leading by 3 with 30 seconds left in the national championship game

• Siena starts a varsity team, wins the national championship in first year of existence

• Siena basketball team makes the Frozen Four

I wouldn't wish the Engineers on my worst enemy. If Adolf Hitler was contemplating becoming a hockey fan, and was enamored by the disciplinary stylings of Seth Appert, I'd beg him to reconsider. Hitler, you have a reputation to uphold.

God **** it.

**** this team.
        Eat the rich!!!
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Today is March 11, 2014. There aren't any players ahead of Brock Higgs! Did you vote today?

Vote HERE.

Back over 33.3%.
          Vote today?
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see who gets named Captain, and what effect that will have. Next season seems so far away...
            Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Vote today?
              Proud to report I voted several times first thing this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
                It'll be interesting to see who gets named Captain, and what effect that will have. Next season seems so far away...
                I'ld guess, Luke, Neal, McGowan
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Congrats to Haggerty. Unfortunately, RPI is going to be even worse next year.

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
                    Not necessarily; everyone starts somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      I'ld guess, Luke, Neal, McGowan
                      I definitely support Luke for C. As far as assistants go, I definitely think we see Leonard. I don't know what forwards might get letters.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                        Congrats to Haggerty on an awesome opportunity, and for picking the right professional organization to sign with

Now I'm curious as to how this will impact our scoring next season with him and Higgs gone...
                        I would like a show of hands of everyone that predicted Haggerty wpould score close to 30 goals this year.
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                          I would like a show of hands of everyone that predicted Haggerty wpould score close to 30 goals this year.
                          I had self-predicted around 20, so he exceeded my expectations. My point with what I said is that because he continues to improve with time, I wonder how it will impact our scoring. My point still stands...

I agree with Red Cloud, opportunities for others, but I wonder if we can either get another scoring stud like this to arise, or we can get more depth and get everyone to chip in a little bit. That remains to be seen. Personally, I'd rather have the latter if we can't have both.
                          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            ...in my preseason guesstimate I had him for 22. I was really off with Z, had him for 15.

Comment

[grumpy cat picture goes here]
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I appreciate the buckets of radiating optimism from this thread! Why don't we wait and give it a few games next season before we make hasty conclusions about it 7 months before it even starts?
                                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X