This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

"We have watched Ryan closely the past few years and the two things that stick out the most are: he can score, and he has gotten better every year," Rangers assistant general manager Jeff Gorton told BlueshirtsUnited.com. "We really like Ryan's work ethic and his drive to get better every day."
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      "We have watched Ryan closely the past few years and the two things that stick out the most are: he can score, and he has gotten better every year," Rangers assistant general manager Jeff Gorton told BlueshirtsUnited.com. "We really like Ryan's work ethic and his drive to get better every day."
      take it to the alumni thread
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
        Ryan Haggerty signs with the Rangers.

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/ne...ce=twitterfeed
        I wonder if Ryan will give the current coaching staff any credit for helping him make it to the pros?
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Congrats to Haggerty on an awesome opportunity, and for picking the right professional organization to sign with

Now I'm curious as to how this will impact our scoring next season with him and Higgs gone...
          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
            Anyone else think that it's more a mental toughness issue that this team suffers?
            To the extent that it is harder to execute properly when fatigued, yes. that is why the top-level teams have endless repetition of the same drills in practice, so that you maintain the focus of your concentration on the flow of the game when your body tires.

I have seen signs that OGC learns and adapts from year to year. His job is much harder than most of us realize.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
              Ryan Haggerty signs with the Rangers.

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/ne...ce=twitterfeed
              That's great news. I've enjoyed watching him skate with the cherry and white, and I'll be sad to see him go, but he's certainly earned his opportunity!
              Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Haggerty will join the Rangers following their road trip this week. Since Haggerty signed an NHL deal starting with this season, he can not be assigned to the AHL because it is post-deadline..... https://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/5...y#.UyCyCigdXap
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Now I'm curious as to how this will impact our scoring next season with him and Higgs gone...
                  Opportunities for others.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
                    Continued deflection and a poor attempt at a personal attack. Got it.
                    Unlike you, I don't have all the answers.

There's some more "continued deflection" for you. How come whenever someone else shouts "OH FIAR APPART LOLOLOLOLOLOL" you don't take them for being sarcastic? How come something that idiotic is what passes for a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Unlike you, I don't have all the answers.

There's some more "continued deflection" for you. How come whenever someone else shouts "OH FIAR APPART LOLOLOLOLOLOL" you don't take them for being sarcastic? How come something that idiotic is what passes for a solution?
                      I don't claim to have all the answers either, but at least I'm willing to discuss it. More importantly, I'm willing to admit that our performance is significantly sub-par which is a problem. I'm not some kind of an ostrich with a passive-aggressive problem.
                      Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

I don't blame him for signing. Not much to expect next year unless some players pull a Helfrich and actually start putting the puck in the net in their final year(s).

Comment

Congrats to Haggerty on an awesome opportunity, and for picking the right professional organization to sign with

One train of thought is that with a dominant player such as Haggerty, other players apparently feel overshadowed (or perhaps even feel unnecessary) and thus underperform. It seems counter-intuitive, but maybe our less-productive lines will rise to the challenge in his absence. Obviously all speculation and theory on my part.

Comment

One train of thought is that with a dominant player such as Haggerty, other players apparently feel overshadowed (or perhaps even feel unnecessary) and thus underperform. It seems counter-intuitive, but maybe our less-productive lines will rise to the challenge in his absence. Obviously all speculation and theory on my part.
                            I was thinking the same thing. Especially on the power play, it felt like four guys trying to set up one. Big loss no matter how you cut it, but congrats to Haggs.

Comment

Assuming we don't get robbed of Zalewski or Laliberté before next year, we will lose (from 3, 11, 12, 23, 28, 39):

52% of goals.
                              40% of points.
                              70% of PPGs.
                              71% of SHGs.
                              60% of GWGs.
                              45% of penalties.
                              42% of PIMs.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I don't claim to have all the answers either, but at least I'm willing to discuss it. More importantly, I'm willing to admit that our performance is significantly sub-par which is a problem. I'm not some kind of an ostrich with a passive-aggressive problem.
                                Cry me a river, *****.

Of course it was significantly sub-par. Want a cookie?

Comment

Working...
                                X