• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I guess that you missed my point.
    http://katieobyrnespub.com/
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      After reading the past few pages, I must say, mission accomplished. Those who have been disappointed with this team have a voice, and the apologetics are running out of excuses to shout them down.
      You don't get it. You never have, and you never will.

No one ever had a problem with your disappointment in the team. It's the why and the how that has always been the problem with most of your ilk.

And there are a lot fewer "apologetics" than you think. God forbid anyone think there are redeemable qualities on the man - so ironic that the jerks throwing around the "Cult of Seth" epithet to anyone who dares bring up positives are slavishly devoted to their own hate.

I'd tell you to grow up, but we all know that will never happen.

I know why I'm becoming less of a fan. It's not the team or its results. It's the constant *****ing and moaning from people like you.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        • Siena basketball team makes the Frozen Four

that would be a neat trick! If they score a goal from outside the blue line, do they still get three points??

In most rational businesses, you don't fire the CEO without having a decent replacement in mind first....
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          But that is Katie O'Byrnes.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
            You were bragging about think skin, weren't you?
            Absolutely. Bring it on. People took their shots, I have no issues. It's called kettle being black.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I'm just joining the chorus.

Unlike you, I'm not under the deception that we're saving the ****ing world here.
              Continued deflection and a poor attempt at a personal attack. Got it.
              Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI_2003 View Post
                Deflection noted. Now kindly answer the question please.

I'll repeat my observation from before. OGC needs to upgrade his assistant coaches. There are too many lapses in fundamentals during games. Those are the situations that are best addressed through repetition in practice, supervised by the assistant coaching staff. No one man can do it all alone.

I can provide a more thorough, fleshed out discussion if you like. I've seen first-hand how a good staff of assistants handles player skill development through repetition and how you can see the results unfold over the course of a season.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

If you notice I very rarely take you on but this is pablum. You set up the fire SA thread so all our detractors can come in and go after us. You have driven more people away with your constant nitpicking than the "apologists" ever will. If your fed up than stop posting 25X a day. If you want to have a voice, email Seth.
                  + lots

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AspyDad again.

Comment

Everyone seems to overlook our 31-year cycle. We are not scheduled to win the NCAAs again until 2016.

Comment

At-Large Bid to NCAA.

Second Place Finish last year.

Guys going on to the pros (JDA, Pirri)
                      Nice try but sorry.

1) There are 59 Div. 1 teams. 16 make the NCAA field each year. That is better than 1/4. So one would expect a team on average to have slightly better than 1 qualification every 4 years. One in eight years is way below average.

2) Second place finish? We have no ECAC finals in 8 years. Every other ECAC team has been there twice since the new format. Again way below average.

3) Don't have statistics on how many Div. 1 players from the past 8 years are in the pros but 2 does not seem to be anything exceptional.

You will have to come up with something better - good luck trying.
                      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Get this straight, I was not on the board when Charlene left. if you call me a communist one more time I'll take your summer pass to Dungeons and Dragons fantasy land camp away.
                        That's fine, because I don't play D&D.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          That's fine, because I don't play D&D.
                          OK, you asked for it. I'm taking this away then.
                          http://www.medievaltimes.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            I'll repeat my observation from before. OGC needs to upgrade his assistant coaches. There are too many lapses in fundamentals during games. Those are the situations that are best addressed through repetition in practice, supervised by the assistant coaching staff. No one man can do it all alone.

I can provide a more thorough, fleshed out discussion if you like. I've seen first-hand how a good staff of assistants handles player skill development through repetition and how you can see the results unfold over the course of a season.
                            Thanks. You bring up a good point. I'm trying to get the discussion to go in a positive direction instead of all the negativity, sarcasm, and name-calling.
                            Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

OK, you asked for it. I'm taking this away then.
                              http://www.medievaltimes.com/
                              I gotta admit, this is pretty funny!

Comment

You don't get it. You never have, and you never will.

No one ever had a problem with your disappointment in the team. It's the why and the how that has always been the problem with most of your ilk.

And there are a lot fewer "apologetics" than you think. God forbid anyone think there are redeemable qualities on the man - so ironic that the jerks throwing around the "Cult of Seth" epithet to anyone who dares bring up positives are slavishly devoted to their own hate.

I'd tell you to grow up, but we all know that will never happen.

I know why I'm becoming less of a fan. It's not the team or its results. It's the constant *****ing and moaning from people like you.
                                You expect one thing, I expect another. I expect the team to be successful on AND off the ice. Why on the ice? Because that sells tickets and brings in money to the Student Union. Big games, such as Freakout, Union, and playoffs, are the team's audition. It's no different from if you were to pitch a company you manage to a potential buyer. If this team cannot get up for big moments to close the sale with, in this case, potential season ticket holders, then you're not teaching a good lesson for after these kids graduate and have to apply major business decisions. This is why winning select games is important.

I will tell it as it is, and I will speak the truth. If you have opinions to put out there, that's your prerogative. If you want to put your fingers in your ears and not consider other opinions, that is also your prerogative.

Comment

Working...
                                X