X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: 7 Months of Drivel

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
    I had been calming myself before posting about this season but your incredibly disrespectful posts jarred me from my stupor. Few posts have made me angrier than your recent string. This fellow is a longtime fan who expressed the frustration that many of us feel. Also, several weeks ago he correctly predicted how this season was heading and he was ridiculed by the "believers". Stop your nonsense, everyone is entitled to their opinion. A number of folks who have expressed doubts about this coach have been bullied. Well no more, the honeymoon is over. Due to the abject neglect of this admini$tration, OGC is going nowhere. It's sad and depressing to fear that the program is going nowhere as well.
    I agree with you. Should you not conform to accepting less than average on behalf of the team's performance, you are ridiculed. But I am here to state that most RPI posters on this board are responsible. You all thought that eight years ago, a coaching change was needed. Well, look at where you are now, compared to where you were then. The bottom line is that Shirley Jackson wanted to make a change based on fans wishes. What were the reasons for a coaching change back then? You don't need to go into a Fridgen vs Appert debate, because quite frankly, that would be an insult to Coach Fridgen. So here we are, eight years later and you want another change. Maybe you and Shirley should have put the resources into what you had at the time.
    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Today is 12 March 2014. There are 206 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To anyone whom is contemplating not renewing your season tickets that is your perogative I do have a request if your in Sec 9 on the isle if you notify me so I can apply for your seats I will be more than glad to pay for a limo ride to Schenectady so you can purchase your Union season tickets you will fit in well with the rest of the experts and cry babies over there. Good riddance and remind me to never get in a fox hole with any of you bedwetters. I myself can't wait for next year we have some good players comig in I'm especially pumped to see Melanson,Tironese and Nanne arrive in Troy to see what they will bring to the table. Bring on the Banquet....GO RED!!!!! GO SA!!!!!!
        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
          You mean like the people who come to games and leave when we are down 2 or more goals because they do not think we will make a come back? I know a few like that but won't mention any names.
          or post under two names...IWill...I mean S@HD
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
            To anyone whom is contemplating not renewing your season tickets that is your perogative I do have a request if your in Sec 9 on the isle if you notify me so I can apply for your seats I will be more than glad to pay for a limo ride to Schenectady so you can purchase your Union season tickets you will fit in well with the rest of the experts and cry babies over there. Good riddance and remind me to never get in a fox hole with any of you bedwetters. I myself can't wait for next year we have some good players comig in I'm especially pumped to see Melanson,Tironese and Nanne arrive in Troy to see what they will bring to the table. Bring on the Banquet....GO RED!!!!! GO SA!!!!!!
            The big man is in the house!!!!!!
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Only 3 days left to get your Quarterfinal Round Picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs.
              You have until 7PM Friday.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
                I had been calming myself before posting about this season but your incredibly disrespectful posts jarred me from my stupor. Few posts have made me angrier than your recent string. This fellow is a longtime fan who expressed the frustration that many of us feel. Also, several weeks ago he correctly predicted how this season was heading and he was ridiculed by the "believers". Stop your nonsense, everyone is entitled to their opinion. A number of folks who have expressed doubts about this coach have been bullied. Well no more, the honeymoon is over. Due to the abject neglect of this admini$tration, OGC is going nowhere. It's sad and depressing to fear that the program is going nowhere as well.
                You guys who come in here and want to pea and moan are thin skinned. Fishcore had a take and it was not disrespectful, it just doesn't line up with your whinning world view. No one ridiculed anyone, grow some thicker skin. I have no issues with peps on the board who go after me for supporting Seth so take it like a man. (
                Last edited by AspyDad; 03-12-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I've sat back and taken in all that there is to take in with this thread. I've had some time to process Sunday's monumental collapse, and I believe I've come up with an eminently reasonable solution to this team's problems that everyone here should find acceptable.

Fire everyone.

Fire the coach.

Fire his assistants.

Fire the AD.

Fire the assistant AD.

Explain to me what exactly it is the director of hockey operations does, and then fire him.

Fire anyone who helps with recruiting and replace them with FlagDUDE08. He will use a USHR subscription and the internet, and he will do a better job.

Fire the equipment manager.

Fire the trainers.

Fire the PA announcer.

Fire the guy who designed the jerseys.

Fire the entire marketing department.

Revoke the scholarship from every single player on the team. I don't care what happens in return.

Fire the guy at Houston Field House who makes the hot dogs. Every time I eat one, I taste three decades of failure. Way to go, *******s: you've somehow managed to ruin hot dogs.

Travel back in time and fire Liver Houston, who thought it was a good idea to bring hockey back to RPI.

**** every fan of any other team that claims to "hate" the Engineers. You haven't earned the right to say that.

Make it so I don't feel like calling social services whenever I see a kid wearing an RPI jersey.

Stop celebrating the 1964 team. Breaking news: they lost. Looking forward to the 2061 pregame ceremony where we applaud the 2011 team and pretend we don't know how it ended.

But hey, speaking of 2061, it's entirely possible that we'll have won a national championship by then. Here is a brief list of things that are more possible:

• Complete nuclear annihilation

• Massive earthquake destroys Troy

• Massive earthquake destroys the Frozen Four city with the Engineers leading by 3 with 30 seconds left in the national championship game

• Siena starts a varsity team, wins the national championship in first year of existence

• Siena basketball team makes the Frozen Four

I wouldn't wish the Engineers on my worst enemy. If Adolf Hitler was contemplating becoming a hockey fan, and was enamored by the disciplinary stylings of Seth Appert, I'd beg him to reconsider. Hitler, you have a reputation to uphold.

God **** it.

**** this team.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Fire the PA announcer.
                    Hey I like Al.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                      But I am here to state that most RPI posters on this board are responsible.
                      Who's the judge on this....you?????

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                        Should you not conform to accepting less than average on behalf of the team's performance, you are ridiculed.
                        Toughen up.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          I've sat back and taken in all that there is to take in with this thread. I've had some time to process Sunday's monumental collapse, and I believe I've come up with an eminently reasonable solution to this team's problems that everyone here should find acceptable.

Fire everyone.

Fire the coach.

Fire his assistants.

Fire the AD.

Fire the assistant AD.

Explain to me what exactly it is the director of hockey operations does, and then fire him.

Fire anyone who helps with recruiting and replace them with FlagDUDE08. He will use a USHR subscription and the internet, and he will do a better job.

Fire the equipment manager.

Fire the trainers.

Fire the PA announcer.

Fire the guy who designed the jerseys.

Fire the entire marketing department.

Revoke the scholarship from every single player on the team. I don't care what happens in return.

Fire the guy at Houston Field House who makes the hot dogs. Every time I eat one, I taste three decades of failure. Way to go, *******s: you've somehow managed to ruin hot dogs.

Travel back in time and fire Liver Houston, who thought it was a good idea to bring hockey back to RPI.

**** every fan of any other team that claims to "hate" the Engineers. You haven't earned the right to say that.

Make it so I don't feel like calling social services whenever I see a kid wearing an RPI jersey.

Stop celebrating the 1964 team. Breaking news: they lost. Looking forward to the 2061 pregame ceremony where we applaud the 2011 team and pretend we don't know how it ended.

But hey, speaking of 2061, it's entirely possible that we'll have won a national championship by then. Here is a brief list of things that are more possible:

• Complete nuclear annihilation

• Massive earthquake destroys Troy

• Massive earthquake destroys the Frozen Four city with the Engineers leading by 3 with 30 seconds left in the national championship game

• Siena starts a varsity team, wins the national championship in first year of existence

• Siena basketball team makes the Frozen Four

I wouldn't wish the Engineers on my worst enemy. If Adolf Hitler was contemplating becoming a hockey fan, and was enamored by the disciplinary stylings of Seth Appert, I'd beg him to reconsider. Hitler, you have a reputation to uphold.

God **** it.

**** this team.
                          Can we also fire the anthem singer?

Comment

Can we still keep Sachi?
                            Originally posted by moe24
                            Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

After reading the past few pages, I must say, mission accomplished. Those who have been disappointed with this team have a voice, and the apologetics are running out of excuses to shout them down.

I'm sure many think that I've decided to swap loyalties to Colgate already. Sorry, Charlie. As a Bills and Sabres fan, I'm used to this, and was not surprised to see us choke, but doesn't mean I'm hanging up the RPI jersey any time soon. If Appert is depending on assistants to help with creativity with plays out there, so be it. However, I don't see much of a change from when Monty and Kurulak were assistant coaches with us, so it must be coming down to the ultimate strategy.

The investments put into the athletics program at RPI have been exceptional. Look at the locker room improvements, the training facilities at ECAV, and much more. The kids have the tools they need. Now, they must be expected to succeed. When you're in the real world facing a deadline to have a project complete, you don't throw your hands up to the sky and let the bridge collapse, similar to what I heard last week. You apply focus to the correct areas so that everything is pristine and in great working order.

Comment

Keep Richard. He turns the lights on after the anthems and to start each period.

Comment

Working...
                                X