Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which four D-I teams advance to the Frozen Four at Quinnipiac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which four D-I teams advance to the Frozen Four at Quinnipiac?

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Oh, cool, thanks.
    No problem Grant
    Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
      Don't see that game as a coin flip. Clarkson is a clear favorite.
      I saw the coin flip scenario until Ambrose got hurt. That is a big injury for that team. Even if she is cleared to play this weekend, a high ankle sprain is going to be tender, and BC is not a team that plays gently with others.
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
        I saw the coin flip scenario until Ambrose got hurt. That is a big injury for that team. Even if she is cleared to play this weekend, a high ankle sprain is going to be tender, and BC is not a team that plays gently with others.
        That's a tough injury to return from quickly. I'd think it would be huge if she could get on the ice enough to run Clarkson's PP if nothing else.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          I'd think it would be huge if she could get on the ice enough to run Clarkson's PP if nothing else.
          I read this too quickly and thought it said "ruin" and was about to agree with you haha
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I read this too quickly and thought it said "ruin" and was about to agree with you haha
            Jenn Wakefield sprained her ankle just prior to the HE playoffs her sophomore (last) year at UNH. She was back for the quarters with a special boot on her ankle over her skate.(she actually wore one on each angle - to throw off the opposition I presume.) She wasn't at 100%, but there are players who's 60 - 75% is still better than watching from the stands.
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

The rodents have this one in the bag, why even post the pole? These eastern teams can dream all they want that they can beat them, but's it's not gonna happen.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                The rodents have this one in the bag, why even post the pole? These eastern teams can dream all they want that they can beat them, but's it's not gonna happen.
                BU went 0 - 4 against BC until yesterday. BC nearly took Minny out last year. One bounce in the other direction and it was BC moving on and not Minny. In both instances, a best two out of three is very likely a slam dunk, but 60 minutes with all the chips on the table...Kind of like saying that Bucky ought to start digging a tunnel east, because Harvard has a short bench, a key player out, and no mascot

Comment

... because Harvard has a short bench, a key player out, and no mascot
                  It's tough to win w/o a mascot. Watch just about any Minnesota goal in a highlight video, and you can hear a distant chant of, "Spin your head, spin your head …" and you can see the gaze of the opposing defenders start to wander into the crowd. For statistical evidence, only one team had a mascot in Bemidji this weekend, and that team won. Although, I'm not sure if it helps to have a mascot if it can't skate any better than what I've seen from those of BC and Cornell at the FF in recent years.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

..Kind of like saying that Bucky ought to start digging a tunnel east, because Harvard has a short bench, a key player out, and no mascot
                    Harvard used to have an official mascot at football games, a cheerleader dressed as a Puritan with a tall steeple hat, a tailcoat, lace collar, etc. but he seems to have vanished, probably on the ground of unbelievable lameness.

Two unofficial mascots at men's hockey games over the years, one who climbed up behind a wall-mounted scoreboard to change into a gorilla suit and one in a Superman outfit who would stretch out horizontally on the shoulders of fellow undergraduates and pretend to fly while the band played the Superman theme. Also pretty lame, when you think about it.

Comment

Really tough. I think BC/Clarkson is a total coin flip.

Report from the BC practice:
                      The first drill today was the Heimlich maneuver!!!!!!! Another HE choke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Puckfan View Post
                        Report from the BC practice:
                        The first drill today was the Heimlich maneuver!!!!!!! Another HE choke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH SNAP, OH NO YOU DIT-INT!!!!!! OH MY GOD GREATEST POST EVER, SOMEONE NOMINATE THIS GUY FOR POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one11

Yeah no but seriously BC really did choke. It was sad and it made me feel sad.

Comment

Inspired by TTT's RPI calculator last week I decided to see what KRACH has to think about this tournament. So I plugged it all into an Excel spreadsheet which, assuming I can use the Public Folder on my Dropbox correctly, you can find here.

Some highlights:

KRACH thinks Minnesota has a 95% chance of winning its quarterfinal game. Everyone else is between 30% and 70% with Clarkson/BC being the closest to a toss up.

Chances of winning the whole thing: Minnesota 72.8%; Wisconsin 9.0%; Cornell 6.6%; Clarkson 5.6%; BC 2.8%; Harvard 1.6%; Mercyhurst 1.3%; BU 0.4%

Comment

Really tough. I think BC/Clarkson is a total coin flip.
                            Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                            Don't see that game as a coin flip. Clarkson is a clear favorite.
                            Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            Clarkson/BC being the closest to a toss up.
                            Well, imagine that!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              Chances of winning the whole thing: Minnesota 72.8%; Wisconsin 9.0%; Cornell 6.6%; Clarkson 5.6%; BC 2.8%; Harvard 1.6%; Mercyhurst 1.3%; BU 0.4%
                              So you're saying there's a chance.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Well, imagine that!
                                I said closest thing to a tossup. You can decide for yourself whether a 57.6%/42.4% split qualifies as one.

Comment

Working...
                                X