X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2014 Edition of My Team Got Screwed by the Selection Committee Thread

9:15 to go.

Warm up band time!

If you're Adrian, Stevens Point, Norwich, Utica, Geneseo, and Trinity - three of you are going to be unhappy tonight. Which three, though?

And here is this year's Selection Bingo

U S C H O
    L25 Pool B Rankings d3hky Win%
    Bracketology COP Geneseo ECAC-W Pool A
    Won Tournament WIAC UTICA KRACH USCHO
    Stevens Point Smoke Filled Room Pool C H2H ECAC-NE
    RvR Norwich MASCAC Trinity SOS
    Last edited by joecct; 03-09-2014, 12:04 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The 2014 Edition of My Team Got Screwed by the Selection Committee Thread

For UWSP and UWEC, maybe it should be titled:
    The 2014 Edition of My Team Got Screwed by my conference giving up an automatic bid for questionable reasons thread.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I'll say one thing, I used to only look at the USCHO poll and wonder how the crazy decisions were made. I recently checked out the other polls/rankings (NCAA rankings, pairwise, etc.), and the picture gets a lot less "obvious". Good luck all!
      Oswego State 1980 Grad
      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
        For UWSP and UWEC, maybe it should be titled:
        The 2014 Edition of My Team Got Screwed by my conference giving up an automatic bid for questionable reasons thread.
        And we have the winner!
        Our bite is worse than our bark....
        Top guys, out.

Comment

This post is reserved.
          #OneKnight

Comment

L25 is a bad stat that favors some regular-season over other regular-season games, and uses a tiny sample size in a division where teams only play 25 (or fewer) regular-season games as it is. It shouldn't be a primary criterion at all, let alone one that the NCAA seems to be giving a ridiculous amount of weight. I'm not sure exactly which selection I'll use to lodge this complaint, but I'll definitely find a way to use it somewhere, darnit.
            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
            Some National Championships:
            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
              L25 is a bad stat that favors some regular-season over other regular-season games, and uses a tiny sample size in a division where teams only play 25 (or fewer) regular-season games as it is. It shouldn't be a primary criterion at all, let alone one that the NCAA seems to be giving a ridiculous amount of weight. I'm not sure exactly which selection I'll use to lodge this complaint, but I'll definitely find a way to use it somewhere, darnit.
              Mark square U-1 for yourself
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

This entire thread must be what it means when someone has "uptown problems".
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Mark square U-1 for yourself
                  Yessss. Actually, now that I look at it, some Western poster might be able to sweep the U column with a single, relatively concise post.
                  Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                  A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                  A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                  A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                  Some National Championships:
                  Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                  Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    9:15 to go.

Warm up band time!

If you're Adrian, Stevens Point, Norwich, Utica, Geneseo, and Trinity - three of you are going to be unhappy tonight. Which three, though?

And here is this year's Selection Bingo

U S C H O
                    L25 Pool B Rankings d3hky Win%
                    Bracketology COP Geneseo ECAC-W Pool A
                    Won Tournament WIAC UTICA KRACH USCHO
                    Stevens Point Smoke Filled Room Pool C H2H ECAC-NE
                    RvR Norwich MASCAC Trinity SOS
                    Utica has about as much right being on this list as Stonehill !! I think you might want to add Plattsburgh, they will be the 3rd and final Pool C after Adrian & Geneseo.

Comment

Yessss. Actually, now that I look at it, some Western poster might be able to sweep the U column with a single, relatively concise post.
                      You can't win bingo with one ball. it takes 4 or 5 balls to win.

I forgot to mention that Utica is a free space. Everyone can claim Utica!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

But nobody will want to!
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I like the idea of the L25 and it should carry some weight. There is a saying "What have you done for me lately". The L25 shows if a team is on the rise or is falling down on the stretch run. A team that has a 20-5 record that has lost five games during the course of the season should be given more consideration over a team that loses the final five games. For some teams it may take a portion of the season to jell and get their chemistry together.

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
                            I like the idea of the L25 and it should carry some weight. There is a saying "What have you done for me lately". The L25 shows if a team is on the rise or is falling down on the stretch run. A team that has a 20-5 record that has lost five games during the course of the season should be given more consideration over a team that loses the final five games. For some teams it may take a portion of the season to jell and get their chemistry together.
                            It should still take into account who those games were against!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
                              Fine. If I'm Adrian or SNC I'm doing everything in my power to make sure that my last four regular season games consist of a series each against Northland and Finlandia. Get those four wins, get past the 1st round opponent, and at the absolute worst I'm looking at 6-1 in my L25.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X