WCHA First Round: NMU vs. Minnesota State-Mankato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Saw the WCHA highlights of the game on YouTube: the disallowed goal didn't look like it should have been disallowed, but maybe that's because the video clip was blurry.

'Cats need to play the rest of the weekend like they did for the last half the game.
    They made the right call. I had a clear look and it was no doubt no goal. As far as playing like they did the last half, you may want to see if the Mavericks will back off the forechecking like they did in the last half as well.
    Last edited by davyd83; 03-14-2014, 10:22 PM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: WCHA First Round: NMU vs. Minnesota State-Mankato

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      They made the right call. I had a clear look and it was no doubt no goal. As far as playing like they did the last half, you may want to see if the Mavericks will back off the forechecking like they did in the last half as well.
      I saw your tweets from this morning... I really wish Walt would have had the guys just screw around for the skate this morning in front of Mankato's video camera. Nothing would be better than beating their landcow a**es for the crap that went on in the morning skate.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Mavericks were absolutel gross the last half of the game; the last 40 minutes, really. It was quite obvious they have a more talented, deeper team, but that doesn't matter if you don't say disciplined in your systems and outwork your opponent. They must play a more complete game tonight.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          The Mavericks were absolutel gross the last half of the game; the last 40 minutes, really. It was quite obvious they have a more talented, deeper team, but that doesn't matter if you don't say disciplined in your systems and outwork your opponent. They must play a more complete game tonight.
          It sounded like NMU had them back on their heels, but we couldn't close the deal.... I know we hit iron in the 3rd and had several chances to tie it...

It's gonna be a grinder tonight... I'm hoping that NMU realizes that their backs are against the wall and they play with some desperation....
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            It sounded like NMU had them back on their heels, but we couldn't close the deal.... I know we hit iron in the 3rd and had several chances to tie it...

It's gonna be a grinder tonight... I'm hoping that NMU realizes that their backs are against the wall and they play with some desperation....
            Desperate play is not a good thing. It leads one to make mistakes, to force passes or shots through lanes that aren't there. It leads one to try to make too much happen. Disciplined play is what they need. They need to take care of the puck, limit turnovers, especially in the D-Zone and play smart, simple hockey. And yes, they do realize that if they don't win, the season is over.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Regardless, the season is over for us anyway.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Hats off to NMU for playing hard and making it tough for the Mavericks this weekend.

Back to Back Final Five trips for the Mavericks! First time ever!! Just keep winning gentleman!!
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                X