This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Another 2nd half collapse is in the books.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

That was a fun season. Go from being a ranked team the entire first half to a has been the second half. Can things get any worse than that ? Oh wait . Next season they will be picked to finish 9th or a possible 10th and will end up 10-15 games under 500 .

Comment

Here is a video from ESPN last night, after 101 minutes of play/7 OTs Ohio has State Co-Champ. The goalie David Marsh, from Sylvania Northview stopped 80 shots. It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing, he would look good in a Laker uniform.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10576572

It is time to send our/your thoughts to LSSU about the hockey program. IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
      Go Lakers!

Comment

I was at both games. Result was C.J. Motte 2, Lakers 0. If the Lakers played the second half like they did this weekend, we probably would be playing at the Norris next weekend. They generated many chances and carried the play for large stretches (especially Friday night). Haven't been to Ferris for many years but they have made the best of their low ceiling building.....................nice job with the seamless glass.

As to Roque's future: obviously, a case could be made for a change but whether or not that will happen is unknown at this point. Other factors are in play beyond W/L record. At most schools (especially a small univ. like LSSU), a major coaching change is done with the blessing of the university president. LSSU's AD is not a "hockey person" so whose advice would she seek if a change would be made? Our president is done in June with a new one coming in July. Will a major change be done before that? Doubtful, is my bet.
        Last edited by MeridianStreet; 03-09-2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
          I was at both games. Result was C.J. Motte 2, Lakers 0. If the Lakers played the second half like they did this weekend, we probably would be playing at the Norris next weekend. They generated many chances and carried the play for large stretches (especially Friday night). Haven't been to Ferris for many years but they have made the best of their low ceiling building.....................nice job with the seamless glass.

As to Roque's future: obviously, a case could be made for a change but whether or not that will happen is unknown at this point. Other factors are in play beyond W/L record. At most schools (especially a small univ. like LSSU), a major coaching change is done with the blessing of the university president. LSSU's AD is not a "hockey person" so whose advice would she seek if a change would be made? Our president is done in June with a new one coming in July. Will a major change be done before that? Doubtful, is my bet.
          Did you happen to see Frank Anzalone there? I understand he was seen talking to Doug Laprade before the game, probably discussing old times. I wonder if he was there looking at any Lakers players, Ferris players, or both.

Now would be the logical time to make a coaching change. Yes, the fact that LSSU has a new president coming in July might work in Roque's favor.

Comment

Just the attendance at games should be screaming a change is needed.

Comment

I have it from several good sources close to Laker Athletics that the only person at LSSU who can make the decision to fire Roque is the President. The AD does not have that power. With LSSU having a "lame duck" president, I would speculate that he will leave that change up to the next LSSU President. That means one more year with Roque.

Comment

I'm sure the AD would be involved but as I said the president has the final call.

I heard Frank was there but did not see him. There were quite a few scouts there.................at least, guys who looked like scouts. Leather jackets, notebooks, line charts, etc.

Another impression was that Ferris is good but Mankato is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                  I have it from several good sources close to Laker Athletics that the only person at LSSU who can make the decision to fire Roque is the President. The AD does not have that power. With LSSU having a "lame duck" president, I would speculate that he will leave that change up to the next LSSU President. That means one more year with Roque.
                  I am not sure the attendance can take another year of Roque.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                    I'm sure the AD would be involved but as I said the president has the final call.
                    I'm sure the AD and others would be consulted. I just meant the Pres has the final call. Based on the limited action of President McLain in the past on this subject, I doubt he will fire him before he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                      I think that is called kicking the can down the road. The present administration know the condition of the program, have given Roque his contracts , know if the program under Roque has gotten anywhere , and understand better if Roque deserves to be kept on than a new guy coming in July. Sacrificing attendance and a new direction for the program just to not to have to make a decision but lay it on a new guy who has no idea of the coach is a bad way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                        It is time to send our/your thoughts to LSSU about the hockey program. IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
                        I'm sending an e-mail to McLain and Dunbar later tonight or tomorrow. I'm working on it now. I have a draft pretty much composed and will give it a little more thought before sending.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          I'm sending an e-mail to McLain and Dunbar later tonight or tomorrow. I'm working on it now. I have a draft pretty much composed and will give it a little more thought before sending.
                          I sure would like to draft my own letter piggy-backing on Bill's idea. I think some well-worded, polite communication from the fans to the leadership is needed. Its just time for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Did you happen to see Frank Anzalone there? I understand he was seen talking to Doug Laprade before the game, probably discussing old times. I wonder if he was there looking at any Lakers players, Ferris players, or both.

Now would be the logical time to make a coaching change. Yes, the fact that LSSU has a new president coming in July might work in Roque's favor.
                            Frank was likely there scouting for Calgary. He could have been talking to LaPrade about Globke or getting his thoughts on some of the Ferris players they have interest in. I've seen him at Bowling Green, Western and a couple other downstate spots.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                              I sure would like to draft my own letter piggy-backing on Bill's idea. I think some well-worded, polite communication from the fans to the leadership is needed. Its just time for a change.

It's the best thing that we can do i agree 100%.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                              X