This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Sounds good, clean house. But until then I would rather see a revolving door @ HC with limited resources than the same ole with those resources.

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
    Nope. Didn't say that. You again fail to see my point. I'll try to make it more clear. ANY new coach coming into the current situation (READ: administration) at Lake State is going to suffer the same fate as the last. Nothing will improve. Clean house from the top down people!

Comment

Didn't Mason do both at MS

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
      My gripe is that Bill is only preaching 'coaching change'. I ask for solid reasons why there shouldn't be an AD change as well. Again, the problem is BIGGER than just the head coach position. Acknowledging it (and the shortage of funding for the program) doesn't lessen it's critical role in the equation. I want facts. What has the AD done for the Laker Hockey program in the last 9 years, and please cite specifics!

Comment

• Originally posted by anchorbaby View Post
        No. Rick Comley took over as hockey coach when Mason was named AD.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

No Rick Comley did both at NMU.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
            Looks like BC and Minnesota should have asked the Laker coaching staff how to beat Union. Having their #1 goaltender out and having ours play great was a good combo. Congrats to Union. They played two great games, beat the two big dogs and are deserving champions.
            Roque's Union presser was on youtube. I think his response to the wins was "we got lucky" and "the bounces will even out throughout the year". Exciting stuff

Comment

Union was also without Novak, Lichtenwald and Gingras when we played them. We played our usual good game on Friday, Kapalka played well in net, their backup goalie was shaky, and we scored 6 goals which was just enough to win. On Saturday, we got outplayed, badly out shot, and Kapalka stole the game for us.

Comment

Francis Anzalone is the best choice for Lake Superior to lead them back to prominence!!!

TBA

Comment

Ron Rolston will do the same.

Comment

I am hoping for Mike Babcock .

Comment

Sounds good, clean house. But until then I would rather see a revolving door @ HC with limited resources than the same ole with those resources.
                      If the new coach is payed very little. You will see a revolving door at HC.

The time is now to pay the big bucks.

Or just give up and hire Franks kid.
                      Last edited by Pink Pony; 04-14-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

NMU has more money than Lake State can hope for. They published the UP coach's salaries in the Mining Journal a couple years back. Kyle was making $40,000 more than Roque per year. If NMU is poor than Lake State is like a homeless kid from Haiti that has to scavenge to stay alive. Marquette is a city with more to do, excellent restaurants, and about 5 times the enrollment of Lake. And Marquette has jet service at their airport - another thing the Sault doesn't. Enrolled students bring money to your campus and community.

Comment

Originally posted by knfhockeyfan View Post
                          NMU has more money than Lake State can hope for. They published the UP coach's salaries in the Mining Journal a couple years back. Kyle was making $40,000 more than Roque per year. If NMU is poor than Lake State is like a homeless kid from Haiti that has to scavenge to stay alive. Marquette is a city with more to do, excellent restaurants, and about 5 times the enrollment of Lake. And Marquette has jet service at their airport - another thing the Sault doesn't. Enrolled students bring money to your campus and community.
                          And yet the last eight years has seen NMU hockey doing not much of anything. Maybe it is time for Kyle to depart .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            And yet the last eight years has seen NMU hockey doing not much of anything. Maybe it is time for Kyle to depart .
                            Or Joe Shawhan, Kyle has had his worst records with Shawhan as an assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                              AD Karr is worried since the relignment. It is no secret teams don't want to travel up to Marquette anymore. More road trips mean more expense on the team.

With teams in Alaska, Alabama, and the UP travel expense will only go up.
                              Don't forget Marquette has a larger airport so it is easier to get to for teams that have the resources to fly. It's no secret teams don't want to go to the Sault either. There aren't even any restaurants to have a decent team meal in the Sault.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                                If the new coach is payed very little. You will see a revolving door at HC.

The time is now to pay the big bucks.

Or just give up and hire Franks kid.
                                So where are the big bucks going to come from? Take money back from the faculty salaries? That will be popular with the faculty that haven't had raises in 7 years. NOT!
                                Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Union is also a private college, so yes their budget is going to be bigger.
                                I normally just browse and follow my alma mater's threads on here but this thread is too much - there is obviously a lot of wacky tobacco in the Sault. I was a tenured professor at Lake State and chose to leave Lake recently for a better place because of the fact that it is a glorified community college and was going downhill fast in many areas that have nothing to do with hockey. I went to Lake State Hockey Games as well as the Blueliner Banquet. There are NO SIMILARITIES between Union and Lake State. Union is an established wealthy high end university in a city center which is also the capital of the state of NY. Lake State can barely balance their budget every year and have operated at a deficit in some years. Lake State's endowment is nonexistent - Union's is enormous. Union turns away many in the Admission process - Lake State is begging for students. Union has beautiful campus housing - Lake State's is run down and old. Union Hockey is in the ECAC and their farthest away game is less than 4 hours away - Lake State is in the WCHA and busses to Alabama, Bemidji, Mankato, etc, you get the picture. In the Sault, the maximum security prisons are the largest employer - not in Schenectady. The State of Michigan has been in a world of hurt since the car industry crashed and Lake State relies on the state for funding - private schools do not rely on the state for funding. Yes, they both have hockey teams but in the year 2014 that is the only thing they have in common.

Comment

Working...
                                X