X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
    People are definitely voting on popularity. Good thing they don't have a say in the actual decsion. I'd put my money that neither Metro or Shawhan get it. It'll be a dark horse candidate.
    I have to go with Seabisquit

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      I noticed quite a few Laker fans that I talked to at the Eagles games this week think that it will be a rough couple of years. That got me thinking about how much we did lose to free agency and graduation. We need Aldridge or the Ohio kid to come in to solidify the goaltending along with a young d-core. Spratte should be able to step in and play solid on the blueline I thought he maybe should have played in Loesh's place a few more games last year. Speaking of Loesh he will be a junior and needs to step up his game, he needs to think defence first to help the new goalies and quit making them blind passes. I think the incoming sophmore forwards will take a step forward and I'm thinking Ciotti will turn things around and have a solid senior season as will Perfetto.
      No question that goaltending and D required wholesale rebuilding going into next year regardless of the coaching situation. The goalie slots have been pretty much been filled with the exception of getting a #3 goalie. I think the coaches' expectation is that Aldridge is likely the #1 guy going into next season although Megariotis will be given a good look also. But we lose 4 of our top 6 D, and although we have 2 replacements lined up so far, we still need more help there. And that's assuming none of our commitments change their mind about coming to LSSU now that we're going to have a coaching change. We only lose 2 guys up front, but both were among our top scorers, and so far we only have one replacement lined up there. Although it was needed, the downside to the coaching change is that it has put a bit of a hold on recruiting in the short term and we still need to recruit at least one more D and one more forward who can step in and help right away. Good reason to not let the new coach selection drag on too long.
      Last edited by Bill; 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        I just hope people are not voting by way of who is more popular,Rich Metro or someone else connected with the Soo. Lakers need a coach and not a guy everyone just likes .
        I wouldn't put any faith in this pole. I've been watching this pole and noticed that twice Rich Metro gained 300 plus votes within an hours time. I asked a computer geek friend if there was a way to vote more than once as I was not able to do so and was told if you set your browser to delete your cookies in the browser history you can vote over and over if you keep refreshing the browser. I tried it and it works. A few individuals have been ringing up a couple 100 or so votes a couple times a week for Coach Metro. Probably some smart people doing the same for others.
        Poll means nothing, sorry to say.

Comment

That poll is for nothing but entertainment. I just mentioned it because of the huge total for Metro and even though he's a Soo native I'm still surprised. The poll will have no impact on the chosen one.

I am quite sure that the search committee will do their due diligence to find the right coach to take over.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
            People are definitely voting on popularity. Good thing they don't have a say in the actual decsion. I'd put my money that neither Metro or Shawhan get it. It'll be a dark horse candidate.
            As much as I like Metro and have heard great things concerning his coaching abilities, he really does not hold a candle to Shawhan in terms of experience and success. If Shawhan does apply, he ought to be given prime consideration above many others. Some of the alleged applicants are nothing but a joke like a Rene Chapdelaine who is rumored to have applied. Others would be viable candidates who bring with them experience and connections like a Damon Whitten who in my opinion would just be behind Shawhan. Another story out there is that a former NHL player from Soo Ontario has formerly applied for the job but he has little to no coaching experience. Laker Hockey cannot afford to take a gamble on a candidate with little experience, even if that someone has played in the NHL.
            This has to be done right...if the job is given to someone like a Chapdelaine or Palumbo (who's a good guy I might add) then lights out for the program folks but a Shawhan and or a Whitten can bring Lake State back to respectability and restore the team's winning ways.
            Last edited by jnacc; 03-31-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
              This has to be done right...if the job is given to a Shawhan and or a Whitten can bring Lake State back to respectability and restore the team's winning ways.
              You are so right. Both of these guys are the best that can be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                .. It'll be a dark horse candidate.
                Who? Who? Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                  You are so right. Both of these guys are the best that can be done.
                  Could LSSU offer Shawhan enough for his wife to leave her job too?

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                    Could LSSU offer Shawhan enough for his wife to leave her job too?
                    I hope so at this point get him to move from Negaunee to Soo.

Comment

• Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
                      A few individuals have been ringing up a couple 100 or so votes a couple times a week for Coach Metro. .
                      I believe Coach Roque is throwing a lot votes for Metro as he doesn't want to see Joe S. replace him.

Comment

Go Union at the Frozen Four.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                          Another story out there is that a former NHL player from Soo Ontario has formerly applied for the job but he has little to no coaching experience.
                          Turco??

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                            Turco??
                            No...Fata.

Comment

( Another story out there is that a former NHL player from Soo Ontario has formerly applied for the job but he has little to no coaching experience. )

Is it Phil or Tony Esposito
                              Last edited by sm2pk; 04-01-2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                ( Another story out there is that a former NHL player from Soo Ontario has formerly applied for the job but he has little to no coaching experience. )
                                Mike Zuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X