This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Midge,you sound as if you are crazy about Roque . he is a coach who after 9 years didn't exactly set the program on fire. He was given plenty of time and I know,it wasn't his fault,it was the other guy, but you can't fire the team to make changes and so it is the coach who has to move on.

Comment

Year 10 would have been the best one yet for Lake Superior under Jim Roque. You people up there will see the ramifications of firing such a great leader and winning coach!!!

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
        Don't count him out. He'll land on his feet, and it won't be selling insurance or coaching D3!!
        I don't think anyone is hoping he ends up in the poorhouse, midge. A business decision was made by the AD. You & a few others may not agree with the decision, but please stop trying to turn this into some kind of vindictive personal move made by the AD. Roque will end up with a good gig somewhere in DI and be just fine. The Lakers will end up with a new coach and be just fine. Get over it already.

Comment

Midge...most of us were behind Roque when he got the job and for the first 5-6 years we were hoping he would get the team back to a top half of league standings. By the 7th year it was looking it would not happen and the 8th and 9th year seem to seal that outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
            Don't count him out. He'll land on his feet, and it won't be selling insurance or coaching D3!!
            I believe he will find a good job at some time either in D1 as an assistant or possiblyin the NHL as a scout.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83
              He could go somewhere else as an assistant and get a raise in the process!
              How MANY times are you going to come on here to let us know LSSU has no money? HOW MANY?
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                How MANY times are you going to come on here to let us know LSSU has no money? HOW MANY?
                Sorry Perky. I've deleted my comment.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                  Actually, I kind of liked it. It's the truth, and until we treat this program like a D-1 program and quit funding it at the bottom of the barrel, to expect much more than bottom of the barrel is ludicrous. It was time for him to go, past time. But Davy was correct, he COULD go somewhere else as assistant & get a raise in the process.

Comment

I never said he wasn't correct.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      I believe he will find a good job at some time either in D1 as an assistant or possibly in the NHL as a scout.
                      Speaking of scouts, I saw Frank Anzalone at the WCHA Tournament in Grand Rapids this past weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Speaking of scouts, I saw Frank Anzalone at the WCHA Tournament in Grand Rapids this past weekend.
                        Frank gets around to a lot of the lower Michigan area events. Seems to be doing well.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                          please stop trying to turn this into some kind of vindictive personal move made by the AD.
                          You wanna bet?!
                          http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

• Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
                            You wanna bet?!
                            This has become a sad situation or a lot of negative posts. A couple of points. 1. These guys have a storied history. 2. Rogue was
                            done and in the new age of collegiate hockey should have been 3-4 years ago. 3. AD done her job, period. 4. Assistants to have to go, they just do. 5. There are a lot of quality hockey people out there who are a step up from what Lake had.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidWestWheels View Post
                              This has become a sad situation or a lot of negative posts. A couple of points. 1. These guys have a storied history. 2. Rogue was
                              done and in the new age of collegiate hockey should have been 3-4 years ago. 3. AD done her job, period. 4. Assistants to have to go, they just do. 5. There are a lot of quality hockey people out there who are a step up from what Lake had.
                              6. AD has to go as well.
                              http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

The. locks. are open today.

Time for a new coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X