This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
    You people are all so dumb. I am going to sit back and wait. In two years when the hockey program isn't headed back to the glory days (and it won't be), I'll be the one laughing! (And saying, "I told you so!")
    So your not even a fan of Laker Hockey hmmm.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      So your not even a fan of Laker Hockey hmmm.
      Nope he isn't...he's a truthy, just the other side of the coin.

Comment

• Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
        You people are all so dumb. I am going to sit back and wait. In two years when the hockey program isn't headed back to the glory days (and it won't be), I'll be the one laughing! (And saying, "I told you so!")
        midge, what is your rationale for why Jim Roque should have been retained as head coach? You say you will be laughing in two years because you don't think the hockey program will be headed in the right direction, but Jim Roque didn't produce a single winning conference record in nine years as head coach. What was OK about that? I don't think any of us are expecting the Lakers to get back to the level of success they enjoyed during the "glory days", but certainly we have an expectation for more success than we've seen during the Jim Roque years.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
          Nope he isn't...he's a truthy, just the other side of the coin.
          We should put Truth and Midge in a cage and let them battle it out. Have it be a pay-per-view event to help fund the Gem of the North project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            midge, what is your rationale for why Jim Roque should have been retained as head coach? You say you will be laughing in two years because you don't think the hockey program will be headed in the right direction, but Jim Roque didn't produce a single winning conference record in nine years as head coach. What was OK about that? I don't think any of us are expecting the Lakers to get back to the level of success they enjoyed during the "glory days", but certainly we have an expectation for more success than we've seen during the Jim Roque years.
            Jim Roque needed financial support by way of a better (READ: Bigger) budget. Can't compete when you don't have the money to compete. And he needed support from his AD. NOT SABOTAGE! He got neither of these during his tenure. Can you imagine how the Lakers could have performed had Roque not had to work within these constraints? I know you'll have have negative responses and smart *** remarks, so that's all I'm going to say. Oh .... can't wait to laugh my *** off in two years .... mark my words. And HELL YES, I'm a fan!
            http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
              Jim Roque needed financial support by way of a better (READ: Bigger) budget. Can't compete when you don't have the money to compete. And he needed support from his AD. NOT SABOTAGE! He got neither of these during his tenure. Can you imagine how the Lakers could have performed had Roque not had to work within these constraints? I know you'll have have negative responses and smart *** remarks, so that's all I'm going to say. Oh .... can't wait to laugh my *** off in two years .... mark my words. And HELL YES, I'm a fan!
              Where will Roque be in two years ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Robinson View Post
                You don't believe it yourself; why don't you just quote the answers you got from alumni NHLers who received your pathetic petition. No player likes Roque, this is now clear to everybody, including for those who slandered players here when Roque's sick behavior was condemned.
                Roque likes nobody either because he is just unable; otherwise he wouldn't do the sick things he does.

Your campaign won't help him finding another job. If his dares sending applications for coaching, hopefully people will do a better job than Crawford (who admits he should have known better) and talk to Dunbar who will have no choice but to give the full picture where finishing second last was no big deal.
                Instead of smearing, you should be so grateful that Kris Dunbar chose to look the other way for so long, and blame the man who left her with no choice but to chose a damage mitigation option when he had been advised so many times to change attitude.
                Is English your second language? As I'm having trouble understanding you ....

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Robinson View Post
                  Where will Roque be in two years ?
                  That, sir, is not the subject at hand. Laker Hockey is the subject. I do believe you are simply a hater. There are programs and support groups for individuals like you. I suggest you seek one out.

Comment

That, sir, is not the subject at hand. Laker Hockey is the subject. I do believe you are simply a hater. There are programs and support groups for individuals like you. I suggest you seek one out.
                    Not the subject at hand?
                    Please call me Madam!

Comment

midge , you do know after 9 years of Roque ,the program was not heading anywhere .

Comment

so that's all I'm going to say.
                        I was afraid that was too good to be true...

Comment

• Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                          I was afraid that was too good to be true...
                          Your snarky comments are THE best ....

Comment

Midge,have you stopped to notice the fact that you are the only one left on here defending Roque . Roque was given 9 years and it did not pan out.

Comment

Midge did you watch any games the last few years, particularly this year? If you had you would have seen the reason he needed to be fired.
                              Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                                Midge did you watch any games the last few years, particularly this year? If you had you would have seen the reason he needed to be fired.
                                I watched all the games this year. I've watched for many years. I happen to believe that Roque's lines lack depth. And in order to get depth, you need money to recruit. He has proven that he excels in the area of recruitment given the limited budget he's had to work with. There are more D1 programs out there than in the Glory Days, so that means more scholarships available from many schools. It's hard to compete for the same kids as the bigger programs, because our school cannot offer them what the others can. If the illustrious AD would have loosened the purse strings and actually increased Roque's budget, MAYBE we could have gotten more depth. You also have to take into account the injuries sustained in the second half of this season. Kapalka was out after the first Ferris series, leaving the Lakers with only Murdock. Also lost Dan Radke and Andrew Dommet at a critical point in the season. Radke came back, but was never up to full speed. These injuries could not have been prevented, and again, if Roque had depth, their loss could have been absorbed and others could have filled in. And as I said, the ability to gain depth is all tied to recruiting, and recruiting is tied to budget. And we all know what kind of budget Roque had to work with. NADA!!! All of this coupled with the fact that the AD did NO promotion whatsoever introducing the new league we had become a part of .... she didn't run ANY promotions to get people in the door - actually I take it back, she offered $5 tickets on Senior Night, the last night of the last home series at Taffy Abel. Where is HER accountability in all this? I believe Roque to be an excellent coach. He is not crazy and he is not hated. He has some diamonds in the rough and could have made strides in the WCHA, what with a slew of new recruits coming in next year .... but the AD plugged the plug. And now she has to live with it. And I am telling you, unless she loosens the purse strings and gets someone in there as good as Roque, or even better, it's NOT going to happen at Lake State. I don't anticipate any return to the Glory Days under the current regime .... and neither should you. The program will tank under new leadership, IF the AD is allowed to stay.

One last thought .... Jeff Jackson left when the program wasn't broken .... why do you suppose that is? Finding a suitable coach to fulfill all your pipe dreams is next to impossible. Roque was headed in the right direction. With some money and support from the AD in the new WCHA, you would have seen results. Unfortunately, you'll never know.
                                Last edited by michiganmidge; 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X