X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off season thread

Originally posted by Mister Hockey 8 View Post
    The school catalog from 2006-2009 has Joe Shawhan listed as having a Bachelors of Science. Two Associate degrees do not magically equal a bachelors degree in the school catalog where professors proudly state their credentials that they earned. That is considered fraud.
    I heard back from my friend at the University. I was told there are many errors in the directory. Information does not come from the employee. It comes over from HR on new hires. Process is as follows.
    HR is provided information on a job from the Department Head and does a posting. Applicants fill out a University Application which includes education, experience etc. as well as provide additional materials such as a resume’
    HR researches and validates applicant’s information. It is next to impossible to falsify education and get away with it. Even harder to falsify LSSU education while applying for a job at LSSU. One could possibly falsify work experience and get away with it.
    Upon hire HR sends directory information to PR for updating directory list. Errors in this get worked out over time. Virtually impossible to not meet job posting requirements and get hired so posting was probably written with Joey’s situation in mind because he was the person they wanted to hire. No place other than directory lists Joey Shawhan as having a Bachelors degree.
    Sorry, was asked to take away the last part of my post because the person is wants to remain anonymous.
    Last edited by DM2SM; 03-17-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Former Laker Dean Dixon passed away after losing his battle with cancer. He played with the Lakers from 1983-87 and was captain of the 1986-87 team.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...ixon_Dean_obit
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
        You must have spoke with 1 or 2 players because a bunch that I spoke with were either indifferent or glad he was gone.
        It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the players have been 'advised' by the AD not to discuss this matter. Sometimes this looks like indifference.
        http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          midge, many of us are aware that Julia Roque and her assistant (at Julia's direction) were using that Facebook page, and Twitter for that matter, to launch a campaign disparaging Dunbar and LSSU as soon as the announcement was made early last week that Jim Roque's contract would not be renewed. No doubt they convinced some of their friends to participate, but most if not all Lakers hockey players and former players have distanced themselves from that effort. I think most Lakers fans on this forum agree that the mistake Dunbar made was not in firing Roque but in keeping him around for as along as she did.
          I left out the name of the person who made these posts. You're free to check it out on Facebook. The page is Believe in Laker Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
            It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the players have been 'advised' by the AD not to discuss this matter. Sometimes this looks like indifference.
            As they shouldn't. Time to move on...

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
              As they shouldn't. Time to move on...
              Just making the point that this outward appearance of indifference does not mean the players didn't like Roque, as you stated previously. They, in fact, do like Roque. It's an unfortunate situation for them. Amen.

Comment

I left out the name of the person who made these posts. You're free to check it out on Facebook. The page is Believe in Laker Hockey.
                I don't doubt that someone made the post, but it may very well be just part of the general smear campaign that was started by Julia Roque against LSSU in general and Dunbar in particular. I'm also aware that there are those (especially but not exclusively) in the Soo who feel that Dunbar is too basketball oriented and doesn't care enough about the hockey program. I suppose one could make the argument that the fact she hasn't fired Roque before now is evidence of that indifference/dislike. And there are others who will say that can't be right because she's married to Alan Dunbar who was an assistant hockey coach at LSSU and head hockey coach at Soo High, so she must have some interest in hockey. I don't know Dunbar and I don't now what she thinks about hockey. I'll leave that for those in the Soo to hash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  I don't doubt that someone made the post, but it may very well be just part of the general smear campaign that was started by Julia Roque against LSSU in general and Dunbar in particular. I'm also aware that there are those (especially but not exclusively) in the Soo who feel that Dunbar is too basketball oriented and doesn't care enough about the hockey program. I suppose one could make the argument that the fact she hasn't fired Roque before now is evidence of that indifference/dislike. And there are others who will say that can't be right because she's married to Alan Dunbar who was an assistant hockey coach at LSSU and head hockey coach at Soo High, so she must have some interest in hockey. I don't know Dunbar and I don't now what she thinks about hockey. I'll leave that for those in the Soo to hash out.

Bill, you must remember the circumstances that led to Dunbar being made the A.D. After Crawford's folly in handling the whole Anzalone/Roque affair, Dunbar was given the job for the very same reasons Roque was but with a very important exception. Like Roque, she agreed to work on the cheap and the administration felt that she, like Roque, put in her dues and it was now her time. She, however, was made to feel as Roque's co-equal and not superior. Its not like she disliked the hockey program but felt that it was Roque's domain and unless Roque specifically asked for something, she stayed out of the way. In the beginning, I can see how she may have viewed Jim as a colleague rather than as one of her employees but as she grew into her job she should have taken a much more proactive approach concerning Roque and his handling of the team. Perhaps she did not have the support to do so but she really should have made more of a push to remove Roque much sooner than she finally did.

No matter now, she finally did the right thing and despite this laughable smear campaign (someone should tell Jullia Roque that Lake State will not be so easily bullied as the Soo Michigan Amateur Hockey Assoc...yes may of us here remember that disgusting incident... and that ole JimBo hubby aint getting his job back) I am sure she has the full support of the administration in searching for a new candidate.

Players were generally indifferent to Roque by the 3rd week into the season. At the end of this season, many of them were probably saying what the hell took so long!

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                    Bill, you must remember the circumstances that led to Dunbar being made the A.D. After Crawford's folly in handling the whole Anzalone/Roque affair, Dunbar was given the job for the very same reasons Roque was but with a very important exception. Like Roque, she agreed to work on the cheap and the administration felt that she, like Roque, put in her dues and it was now her time. She, however, was made to feel as Roque's co-equal and not superior. Its not like she disliked the hockey program but felt that it was Roque's domain and unless Roque specifically asked for something, she stayed out of the way. In the beginning, I can see how she may have viewed Jim as a colleague rather than as one of her employees but as she grew into her job she should have taken a much more proactive approach concerning Roque and his handling of the team. Perhaps she did not have the support to do so but she really should have made more of a push to remove Roque much sooner than she finally did.

No matter now, she finally did the right thing and despite this laughable smear campaign (someone should tell Jullia Roque that Lake State will not be so easily bullied as the Soo Michigan Amateur Hockey Assoc...yes may of us here remember that disgusting incident... and that ole JimBo hubby aint getting his job back) I am sure she has the full support of the administration in searching for a new candidate.

Players were generally indifferent to Roque by the 3rd week into the season. At the end of this season, many of them were probably saying what the hell took so long!
                    Oh I completely agree that Dunbar tried to stay out of Roque's domain, even when she should have become more involved because of the way he was treating players and the fact that she was his boss. I think many of the players came to think of him as being a bit on the crazy side. They never knew what to expect from him.

Comment

Michiganmidge. I think everyone thought Roque was going to be a good fit for the program when he hired. My god,he worked with two hugely successful coaches in Anzalone and Jackson. How could you work with those two coaches and not learn anything about being a winner. Impossible to me. My amazement is nine years later , the program pretty much stagnated if not slipping backwards and you seem to think we just lost a good coach in Jim Roque. How many years do you think any coach deserves who hasn't turn a program around ? Midge,he was given 9 years and for whatever reason , it didn't pan out in the end.

I think the university is trying to save the program by letting Roque go. It would have been much easier to keep him and sit back and watch second tier finishes year after year that would have driven the fans away for good,but they didn't . They set Roque free and are now hoping to find a coach who can rebuild the team into a better all round team on the ice. Getting rid of Roque was not an administration sitting on their hands but an administration that finally saw reality with Roque and has now decided a change is needed to get the team moving forward again.
                      Last edited by sm2pk; 03-17-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Just making the point that this outward appearance of indifference does not mean the players didn't like Roque, as you stated previously. They, in fact, do like Roque. It's an unfortunate situation for them. Amen.
                        You don't believe it yourself; why don't you just quote the answers you got from alumni NHLers who received your pathetic petition. No player likes Roque, this is now clear to everybody, including for those who slandered players here when Roque's sick behavior was condemned.
                        Roque likes nobody either because he is just unable; otherwise he wouldn't do the sick things he does.

Your campaign won't help him finding another job. If his dares sending applications for coaching, hopefully people will do a better job than Crawford (who admits he should have known better) and talk to Dunbar who will have no choice but to give the full picture where finishing second last was no big deal.
                        Instead of smearing, you should be so grateful that Kris Dunbar chose to look the other way for so long, and blame the man who left her with no choice but to chose a damage mitigation option when he had been advised so many times to change attitude.

Comment

I was just reading the https://www.lssu.edu/busoff/documents/AnnualFR-11.pfd regarding LSSU finances for 09-11. While it takes several readings to understand it and a smarter person than me; in my humble option what struck me was the fact the new President (Pleger) must have been aware of the firing and/or gave his approval.

Because of Roque's popularity on campus a decision of this magnitude McClain and Dunbar would have confidentially approached Pleger with their desire to not renew his contract. They had to know University laundry would be aired; personal attacks were going to be made on Dunbar and possibly McClain. However the bottom line McClain is taking Roque with him when he retires. I have seen this happen in business a few times.

Two last points. 1) If I were Dunbar I would be concerned the boss (McClain) will take me with him also. If Dunbar is still there in July or August she will be there for a while. 2) LSSU may just have brought in a pretty good person as the next President.

Only time will tell.
                          Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Robinson View Post
                            You don't believe it yourself; why don't you just quote the answers you got from alumni NHLers who received your pathetic petition. No player likes Roque, this is now clear to everybody, including for those who slandered players here when Roque's sick behavior was condemned.
                            Roque likes nobody either because he is just unable; otherwise he wouldn't do the sick things he does.

Your campaign won't help him finding another job. If his dares sending applications for coaching, hopefully people will do a better job than Crawford (who admits he should have known better) and talk to Dunbar who will have no choice but to give the full picture where finishing second last was no big deal.
                            Instead of smearing, you should be so grateful that Kris Dunbar chose to look the other way for so long, and blame the man who left her with no choice but to chose a damage mitigation option when he had been advised so many times to change attitude.
                            What's that you say Mrs Robinson. Jolting Jim has left and gone away...

Comment

You people are all so dumb. I am going to sit back and wait. In two years when the hockey program isn't headed back to the glory days (and it won't be), I'll be the one laughing! (And saying, "I told you so!")

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                What's that you say Mrs Robinson. Jolting Jim has left and gone away...
                                Hey hey hey. Hey hey hey.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X