Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale at the White House

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    What he said, although it should have taken place in the off season. Because if Yale beats Harvard, Allain would most likely have them on the ice on Monday..
    So you're saying they should have waited until next Monday?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      So you're saying they should have waited until next Monday?
      I mentioined this before I knew that the ceremony included all of the NCAA championship teams except basketball and football. Yale got to hang with the USC women's water polo team for a while . This is the first time that the White House has honored champions other than basketball and football. Nice to see them include the "lesser" sports. http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and...on-1-champions

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...OeAQM.facebook
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

nice honor.. Congrats again!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I mentioined this before I knew that the ceremony included all of the NCAA championship teams except basketball and football. Yale got to hang with the USC women's water polo team for a while . This is the first time that the White House has honored champions other than basketball and football. Nice to see them include the "lesser" sports. http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and...on-1-champions

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...OeAQM.facebook
          No it's not.
          BC hockey has been there a few times...
          2001 & 2008 with the Yale grad, and 2010 & 2012 with Obama (although I'm not sure 2012 actually happened at the White House).

Congrats to Yale on their historic visit.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

This is the first time that the White House has honored champions other than basketball and football. Nice to see them include the "lesser" sports.
            Yea... what Fivehole said.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Yea... what Fivehole said.
              I was just going by what Obama said in his statement, he must have been referring to the other lesser sports that were in attendance, he singled out BB and FB as being there every year. There were so many teams at this ceremony that they held the speech outside on the lawn.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

I was just going by what Obama said in his statement,
                You do realize you just served up a 80 mph fast ball over the heart of the plate?.
                I'll be nice.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                X