Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Minnesota travels to Ohio State to take on the Buckeyes this weekend, Friday night is at 6:30pm and is on FSN,Saturday night is a 5:30pm start and is on ESPN News (whatever that is). Ohio State is coming off a tie and a loss against Michigan, Minnesota is coming off a sweep of Penn State.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Six points clinches the regular season title. That is all.

Comment

Do it.

Comment

After WI and Penn State play to a thrilling 0-0 tie with a combind total of 2 quality scoring chances for the game, it goes to a shoot out where again no one can score. So finally they call the game a tie without awarding the bonus point keeping bucky at 32 pts. So Gophers win on Friday puts them up by 9 and clinches a piece of that bottle opener / Eye of Sauron thingy which can be hidden in some tucked away location because it's not all that impressive of a trophy and we can get to banner hanging instead. So after Friday that leaves us only needing a single point to clinch the title outright.

Comment

THE Ohio State. Get it right. Wouldn't want to offend them like we did with PSU.

Sweep. Might be close one game due to lack of urgency to win the conference title, but that's about it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            THE Ohio State. Get it right. Wouldn't want to offend them like we did with PSU.
            Actually I've always HATED that "THE" crap. If I ever meet the marketing moron who came up with it I'd kick him in the Buckeyes!
            As far as this weekend it depends on several factors for us. Don't commit stupid penalties! We did it both games against the Wolverines and did stellar Friday on killing them off, Sunday we couldn't kill off a PP to save our lives and it gave them 3 of their 4 goals!
            We also probably lost one of our most intense players, Szczechura, to injury so that will hurt us.
            This team has the ability to play with anybody in the conference but I almost hesitate to say that with all the misses and whiffs we had on what should have been cherry picks in yesterday's game.
            So I guess we'll see but I'm pretty confident the best you guys will do is a split.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              So I guess we'll see but I'm pretty confident the best you guys will do is a split.
              I'm reasonably confident we'll do better than that. Is reasonably higher than pretty?

Comment

HockeyBuckeye is pretty reasonable. He must not run the student Twitter account.

Comment

Well, no one has swept us in our barn this season. And I can't deny you guys have a great program and players but I think we haven't been given the respect this season we deserve.
                  We played you pretty tight in the outdoor game and were even nice enough to give our hosts the winning goal. LOL!
                  So I guess we'll see how it plays out. So any of you guys coming here for the game, need any advise on places to eat, ect?

Comment

Well, no one has swept us in our barn this season. And I can't deny you guys have a great program and players but I think we haven't been given the respect this season we deserve.
                    We played you pretty tight in the outdoor game and were even nice enough to give our hosts the winning goal. LOL!
                    So I guess we'll see how it plays out. So any of you guys coming here for the game, need any advise on places to eat, ect?
                    How much respect does a 5-7-4 conf. record (4th), 15-11-4 overall record deserve? Not that much.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Well, no one has swept us in our barn this season.
                      Well the Ugly Helmets won both games they played in your rink - even if they weren't the same weekend due to all your home and home series.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        HockeyBuckeye is pretty reasonable. He must not run the student Twitter account.
                        That account is funny and all in good spirit. Had some fun back and forths with that account when UMD played them earlier this year.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Here's the thing about Ohio State. They have a crappy record both in conference play and in overall play. Yet they still ARE given some respect as evident by the fact that their record is what it is and they are still receiving votes in the USCHO poll. That's about as much respect as I think they've earned/deserve. They've been beaten by some pretty lousy teams and have played close/beaten some pretty good teams as well.

With that being said, I see no worse than a win and a tie. I think the Gophers match up well with Ohio State and your barn won't have the intensity of the Kohl Center.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
                            With that being said, I see no worse than a win and a tie. I think the Gophers match up well with Ohio State and your barn won't have the intensity of the Kohl Center.
                            And hopefully there won't be the crappy ice we saw at the Bank outdoors to slow down the Gophs.

Comment

Funny, I am looking at OSU's schedule and think they have been given way too much respect. Aside from going 2-2 against Wisconsin, the Buckeyes have done nothing but beat bad teams and lose to good ones. Record vs teams in top 30 of RPI: 4-9-1
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                              X