X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Ohio State: 3/7 & 3/8

Weekend preview from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...030514aaa.html

The top-ranked Minnesota men’s hockey program returns to action this weekend with a Big Ten Conference series at Ohio State. Friday’s series opener is set for 6:30 p.m. CT on FOX Sports North PLUS (Doug McLeod, Tom Chorske) while Saturday’s finale is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. CT on ESPN News (Clay Matvick, Sean Ritchlin). Radio broadcasts for both games will be on the Gopher Radio Network and flagship station 1500 ESPN (Wally Shaver, Frank Mazzocco).

Ohio State Notes

Minnesota enters the weekend series with a 14-1-0 all-time record against the Buckeyes including two wins at home earlier this season. The Gophers topped Ohio State 1-0 on Jan. 17 at TCF Bank Stadium in the 2014 Hockey City Classic and followed up with a 4-2 victory at Mariucci Arena this next evening on Hockey Day Minnesota. Sam Warning tallied a hat trick in the game and is Minnesota’s active leading scorer against the Buckeyes with three goals and three points. Minnesota is 2-0-0 all-time at Ohio State.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

We'll sweep. Next?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        We'll sweep. Next?
        So, just out if curiosity, how accurate have your predictions been this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
          So, just out if curiosity, how accurate have your predictions been this year?
          I'm always right. I'm a Gopher fan.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            History doesn't always repeat and history won't influence this weekend. You're pretty darn lucky we didn't win the Classic! You got a fluke with that one.
            So you need crappy outdoor conditions and an overplayed gimmick to almost win a game? I feel pretty good about our chances this week playing inside, unless your facilities people are going to do their best to trash the conditions there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              So you need crappy outdoor conditions and an overplayed gimmick to almost win a game? I feel pretty good about our chances this week playing inside, unless your facilities people are going to do their best to trash the conditions there.
              Boy, the Wisconsin fans are right, some of you guys do bark like little kicked dogs. I suppose their sweep of you was full of BS excuses too?
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-07-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Boy, the Wisconsin fans are right, some of you guys do bark like little kicked dogs. I suppose their sweep of you was full of BS excuses too?
                Yes. Bucky lulled the Gophers to sleep with their incredibly dull play, plus they were at home where they are pretty good for some reason. Too bad their fans don't know enough to realize that. But big picture, you just can't win them all and we're still comfortably on top looking down on everyone else. So most of us can accept that even if it means a couple of losses to bucky.

Edit: So how do you explain your 2 losses to them?
                Last edited by Tiggsy; 03-07-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

You don't do your credibility any good with us if you take seriously anything a badger fan says about hockey. They know nothing about hockey.
                  "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
                    You don't do your credibility any good with us if you take seriously anything a badger fan says about hockey. They know nothing about hockey.
                    Dang, forgot to mention that part too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Dang, forgot to mention that part too. Thanks!
                      No problem. We've got a lot of 'splainin' to do.
                      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Hilarious. Not only should you not listen to drunks for advice, but no excuses are needed - they swept fair and square. The only person trying to rationalize being swept here is you.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Hilarious. Not only should you not listen to drunks for advice, but no excuses are needed - they swept fair and square. The only person trying to rationalize being swept here is you.
                          I wonder how he'll rationalize after this weekend sweep?

I think there were more fans at the single A games at the X today.

Comment

If your program can make some gains maybe someday we can have excuses for losing to you too, instead of excuses for only beating you by a small margin.

Something to shoot for!

Comment

We all know your team is good but you guys are the most arrogant bunch of people i have ever seen. Besides Minnesota being the better team the big difference tonight was the Gophers putting in 2 rebounds infront of the ohio state net and the buckeyes could not do the same when the game was close. Tomorrow is a new day.

Comment

I left the game after the second period. I do not normally do that, but the way we came out not ready to play and getting dominated throughout, didn't see any point in staying. The team decided not to show up, so why should I hang around. I may go to tomorrow's game since it's senior night. It was disappointing to see us come out playing that poorly this late in the season. I definitely didn't go into this weekend expecting to sweep, but I expected us to be competitive, which we were not tonight. There was never a point in that game where I thought we were going to come back and win. Congrats Minnesota fans, you called it ... sweep. We will probably be a little more competitive tomorrow night if we clean up all the sloppiness that I witnessed tonight, but I don't expect a W for us. If there is any positive about tonight, at least Rohlik and our team know what they need to work on to get to that level. Oh, and thanks to Coach Lucia and the Gophers for calling off the dogs in that third period when they could have run it up on us. We did nothing defensively all night to stop Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                                X