Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Got what I wanted.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Good 'Welcome-Back!' matchup for the Eagles, facing a team they most definitely 'Owe-Something-To.' Last night's result was a big can of 'WD-40,' for those worried that BC might still be in some sort of 'malaise.'
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

So it looks like the boys played an intra-squad scrimmage today. Cam Spiro scored. Just sayin...

Linell supposedly was up on the 3rd line and MacLeod didn't participate. Hopefully he is ok and we can keep Linell up front. If that happens I think that means Straight will be in a suit and tie.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

hopefully these games are being heavily advertised to students

Comment

I've been hemming and hawing about buying a BC hockey jersey for about a year+ now, and am finally ready to pull the trigger (and empty my wallet).

Here's my issue, I can't decide which one to get! I somewhat prefer the golds versus the maroon (not really a fan of the home whites), but don't know if I should go with the "older" gold or the revamped Frozen Fenway gold.

What are others' opinions/preferred jersey?
            Mule train, yeah, yeah!

Comment

personally, i like the previous golds the best with the diagonal eagles text

Comment

What day of this week does NESN usually come out with what game they are going to televise? Hopefully not 4pm on Saturday. BU had that a couple years ago vs. UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                  What day of this week does NESN usually come out with what game they are going to televise? Hopefully not 4pm on Saturday. BU had that a couple years ago vs. UNH.
                  Already been announced. BC-ND is the 4pm Saturday game.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...03/mar9hea.php
                  National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                  two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                  b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Got what I wanted.
                    Be careful what you wish for )

Let's bush whack this team and put them out to pasture )
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Be careful what you wish for )
                      I want to take on the team that just ended our winning streak, and also, beating ND is our best shot at overall #1.
                      If we can't advance through ND, then we're not as good as I thought we were, and it really wouldn't matter anyway.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        So it looks like the boys played an intra-squad scrimmage today. Cam Spiro scored. Just sayin...

Linell supposedly was up on the 3rd line and MacLeod didn't participate. Hopefully he is ok and we can keep Linell up front. If that happens I think that means Straight will be in a suit and tie.
                        Will certainly be nice to have 6 defensemen on the blue line for the playoffs.

Based on EA's writeup seemed like a minor ding for Isaac. Hopefully the week+ off allowed Matheson & Hayes to get healthy

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        hopefully these games are being heavily advertised to students
                        Agreed, this weekend is a great chance to have that rare great environment for the HE QFs.

I've loaded up on starbucks double shots to try to stay awake this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteMule View Post
                          I've been hemming and hawing about buying a BC hockey jersey for about a year+ now, and am finally ready to pull the trigger (and empty my wallet).

Here's my issue, I can't decide which one to get! I somewhat prefer the golds versus the maroon (not really a fan of the home whites), but don't know if I should go with the "older" gold or the revamped Frozen Fenway gold.

What are others' opinions/preferred jersey?
                          My opinion, 2012 Gold > 2014 Gold > Maroon > White.

Oh and about that Cam Spiro thing yesterday.... can we say him not playing is a ConSPIROcy? Camspirocy?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Guys I apologize if I am derailing your threads, I am in full support of BC and am very excited for the game. This 4 PM time really screwed me over though.. the Bruins game starts at 1:30 so will most likely wrap up around 4.. meaning we are probably going to miss the entire first period of the BC game :/ I think I might have to duck out early on the Bruins.. Iggy will understand, it is for the greater good!

Google maps is telling me that TD to Conte is about a hour train ride or a 15 minute cab ride, is that cab time semi accurate? Timing will be crucial here..

I don't want this bad boy to go to waste!

http://imageshack.com/a/img541/9152/ew8b.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern View Post
                              Guys I apologize if I am derailing your threads, I am in full support of BC and am very excited for the game. This 4 PM time really screwed me over though.. the Bruins game starts at 1:30 so will most likely wrap up around 4.. meaning we are probably going to miss the entire first period of the BC game :/ I think I might have to duck out early on the Bruins.. Iggy will understand, it is for the greater good!

Google maps is telling me that TD to Conte is about a hour train ride or a 15 minute cab ride, is that cab time semi accurate? Timing will be crucial here..

Now that's a handsome sweater

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern View Post

I think 25-30 minutes by cab is safe. Make sure he knows you want to get off on the Beacon Street side which is 75 yards (or metres if you're slow;-)) from the front entrance.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X