Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I love everything about this Gentleman's Agreement party being raided by the big boys. My only regret is that Minnesota is the one that spoke up to represent the group and put an end to it rather than BC
    Programs like MN should have been smarter and bailed on this agreement long ago IMO.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

unless the box score is wrong, smith led all blackhawk forwards in ice time yesterday. yes, more than toews and kane.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        unless the box score is wrong, smith led all blackhawk forwards in ice time yesterday. yes, more than toews and kane.
        He gets a lot of special teams time. Great player in all 3 zones. Chicago is lucky to have him.

We've really seen a changing of the guard in the BC NHL representation. Scuderi, Clemmensen, Brian Gionta, Orpik are all aging and fading (predictably) but new faces like Smith, Gibbons, Atkinson, Schneider, and Kreider have come onto the scene quickly. Some of these guys are surpringly very good at the highest level and get tons of ice time... I would have had my doubts about Atkinson, Gibbons and even Smith to a smaller degree. Gibbons was all over the place again yesterday in his return to the lineup.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Agree on gibbons
          I expected dumolein to make the big pens before gibbons
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            There are some rumblings from the Yukon side that the BC game in Hartford will be a Wednesday in November which makes no sense. Don't think HE is that dumb.
            It looks like the game is on Wednesday November 5.

Today's prize.
            http://www.uconnhuskies.com/genrel/043014aac.html

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              It looks like the game is on Wednesday November 5.

Today's prize.
              http://www.uconnhuskies.com/genrel/043014aac.html
              that's what i was referencing.

as i said, smart. the 1 uconn game people might actually show up to is on a rando wednesday.

granted, i'll believe it when i see it officially on the schedule.

Comment

that's what i was referencing.

as i said, smart. the 1 uconn game people might actually show up to is on a rando wednesday.

granted, i'll believe it when i see it officially on the schedule.
                This will feed some good conspiracy theory stories that Hockey East hates them over on the puppy pound.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  This will feed some good conspiracy theory stories that Hockey East hates them over on the puppy pound.
                  probably led by the idea that HE hates them because they'll be in the B1G any minute now

Comment

Gibbons was Gibbons last night. Pretty cool seeing him on a line with Crosby.

Boy do the Rangers miss Kreider right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by popester View Post
                      It's also worth mentioning that Ivy schools really open themselves up to decommits by pressuring freshmen and sophomores in high school into committing early. Oftentimes those players continue to improve and realize they can play at a higher level (e.g. Bracco), or they get denied admissions (e.g. Wood). It works out pretty nicely for programs like BC who have scholarships open up late when players leave early.
                      playing at Harvard isn't considered the highest level ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                        playing at Harvard isn't considered the highest level ?
                        It is the highest level of college hockey in that it's D1. It is not the highest level of college hockey in that players at Harvard do not play with, practice against, and play against the best in college hockey. Similar to how playing football at UCONN is "the highest level," but it's not playing for Alabama or Ohio State.

Comment

Not much has trickled out regarding the schedule but here are the confirmed dates so far:

10/24 CC
                          10/31 @ Den
                          11/1 @ Den
                          12/5 @ UNH
                          12/6 UNH
                          1/2 vs Brown - Dartmouth Tournament
                          2/2 Beanpot vs NU
                          2/9 Beanpot

Also weird it has taken this long to announce captains.

Comment

Matheson got the C and Smith and Sit got the As.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              Matheson got the C and Smith and Sit got the As.
                              which A will be promoted when Matheson goes to FLA in July?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not much has trickled out regarding the schedule but here are the confirmed dates so far:
                                I think we're going to come beat you on 11/29

Comment

Working...
                                X