Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
    Hats off to BC, by far the best team we played this year. You guys never quit.
    Except for Colgate ! Congrats, a tremendous game, I predicted it, the ECAC is STRONG, Go UNION, make us proud !!
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

What a game ! BC never quits. Could have tied it until the very last second...
      Let's go Union !
      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
      NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

correction, union is strong

Comment

Well that was a darn shame but the results were deserved for both sides. Union without any doubt was better team not just last night but simply better any night. Last year and this year never had the feel of those classic BC teams. I felt like getting by Lowell was a great accomplishment and it was but didn't think they could really do it again in Philly. But the last 2 years were meh largely because the recruiting went sour for a while. BC will be back in 2 years I think. Need a little time to trim the personnel again.

They gave a good effort but it was not tight too loose and sloppy, didn't give union their A game like was needed but they battled.

We've seen a decline in other areas lately where BC usually is undisputedly the best. Timeout usage? Idk. Needed it on the 5 min major.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Agreed, frustrating. Union played better and certainly deserved to win, wonder if a couple of those posts went the other way early how it would've turned out.

Bobby Allen put it best that York has set the standard so high that anything short of a NC is considered a disappointment.

But that was a fun ride.

Agreed regarding the personnel, we have 6 months to talk about it now. Extremely young team with another stacked class coming in this summer. Thought by the end of the year the all FR line was the 2nd best line out there.

BTW got nearly face for my pair on Saturday night, was absolutely shocked.

Edit: FiveHole did you have awesome seats last night? Think I saw you on TV.

Comment

well said. and hey, this year was more fun than last year. i also agree that next year could be another year like the last two. the talent in the pipeline is undeniable but as you point out, a dip in recruiting among the upperclassmen next year. it happens even at the great programs. that being said, a good young nucleus of demko, santini, mccoshen, fitzgerald, cangelosi, gilmour. i think they will need to take more of an on-ice leadership role next year.

Comment

yes, the union "dominated" angle i've seen a few times is a joke to me. union was better and deserved to win but i did not see a union domination. there were things that bc themselves could have done differently in order to get a different result. it happens. union didn't force demko to misplay the puck on one goal and they didn't force santini to turn it over on another.

Comment

posts, scoring chances were there. in the end though, not good enough against a quality team like that.

Comment

Sure looked like BC tanked the game. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened over there. Or the second. Or the third. Gaudreau shuts it down after the 1st period for the rest of the game? Yeah, as I said, looks suspicious to me.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Rover why aren't you in Atlantic city with the rest of the crew?
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        If the final was anything like today, I was able to purchase a Club box ticket outside the rink today for $40. Alot of the BC folks will be going home and there should be plenty of tix on the market. The secondary market was so bad today, that the scalpers would not buy a ticket for ten dollars.
                        I got another email from the NCAA yesterday saying there were still tickets available. How was the actual attendance? There were some camera shots on tv that showed some empty seats. According to the boxscore the attendance was about the same as last year (17k).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          and keep in mind just how many fans out there can't look forward to their team winning, they only get their gratification from seeing bc lose. an obvious sign you're still one of the titans.
                          Umm....didn't you attend Westfield St and not BC for college?

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          Rover why aren't you in Atlantic city with the rest of the crew?
                          I'm just not a gambler. No BU + expected BC to win + sh ! tty cities (Philly and AC) made this one to avoid, although I'm sure the crew would have made it about as much fun as you can have in those places....
                          Last edited by Rover; 04-11-2014, 08:02 AM.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Congrats on a great season BC! If it is any consolation, your team is young, looks stacked, and is prepared for another great run next year (and beyond).
                            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

WARNING: rant incoming so if you don't want to read it feel free to skim over and give me the tl;dr treatment.

People need to chill the f u c k out about Matheson. I'll rely on those who have been watching for longer than I but I can't remember another Dman at BC who is as offensively talented as he is. Does he turn the puck over at times? No doubt. But guess what he handles the puck probably double the amount of time the rest of our D core combined. While others instantly look for the outlet pass he's a one man transition from his own end. Does he need work in his own end? Certainly but what Dman who just turned 20 doesn't? Not to go all nerdy on everyone, but he also got unlucky goal scoring wise this year as his shooting % was cut in third of last year. If his shooting % returned to last year he's maybe a double digit goal scorer.

/rant over.

Comment

Feb 7th

The last time BC got a goal from:
                                Silk
                                Sit
                                Smith
                                Straight
                                Linell

11 games +. Not honking on the kids they are all proud eagles but that is the last 25% of the season basically. Certainly points to the issue in depth at forward.

Fwiw I don't think Matheson or Doherty or Macleod had any goals in that timeframe either.

On to next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X