Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey '13-'14: Tournament Season - One Game At A Time!

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    you may want to start. Two absolute torchings in the Garden for them. We used to do stuff like that in HE playoffs
    I think what he meant is that first thing's first... Denver. There are no easy games in the NCAA tournament, unless you get matched up with Robert Morris, but this is probably one of the more favorable first round opponents we could have gotten. Should be interesting.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
      I think what he meant is that first thing's first... Denver. There are no easy games in the NCAA tournament, unless you get matched up with Robert Morris, but this is probably one of the more favorable first round opponents we could have gotten. Should be interesting.
      ah, ok. I guess after the stellar hockey we have been playing so far during trophy season, we definitely could lose to DU. I'm not oozing with confidence AT ALL . This is a tough call for the coaches. Blow up the first line during the two week break or stay with the same thing. I wonder if they're even thinking of doing it and I don't think they will. We'll see

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        ah, ok. I guess after the stellar hockey we have been playing so far during trophy season, we definitely could lose to DU. I'm not oozing with confidence AT ALL . This is a tough call for the coaches. Blow up the first line during the two week break or stay with the same thing. I wonder if they're even thinking of doing it and I don't think they will. We'll see
        Well, no doubt, they could lose. Just looking at the potential matchups on paper, DU is one of the teams I was okay with drawing. Though Denver's strength is their team defense, which I think is top 10 overall nationally in GAA. so it won't be easy.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

brittain is a very good goaltender, i know that for sure.

claver, can't make this stuff up. yesterday the ncaa scheduled an eastern time zone game as the last game of the day. 10 pm tipoff for villanova-uconn in buffalo. wasn't delayed by previous game going to overtime either. idiotic.

Comment

Now is not the time to worry about brackets, draws, etc. BC needs to worry about BC and put the best lineup and effort possible on the ice going forward. Do that and they'll be playing hockey in Philly on April 12th. The bad luck is about to change.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

^^^you have a good feel for it so I hope you're right.

not so fun facts, 3rd and 4th line goals:
              Gilmour 7
              Calnan 4
              Straight 6 ( currently sitting, but 3 in the Penn St game, before they got good)
              Smith 2 ( can this be possible?)
              Sit 5 (2 in one game)
              Silk 3
              Linell 1 (again,can this be possible? I know he played mostly D and was when he scored , but still)

Total 28, and about 20% of the 28 , 5 goals, came in the aforementioned Penn St game when they sucked where Straight had a hat trick and Sit scored one an Linell scored his only goal of the year.
              Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-23-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                brittain is a very good goaltender, i know that for sure.

claver, can't make this stuff up. yesterday the ncaa scheduled an eastern time zone game as the last game of the day. 10 pm tipoff for villanova-uconn in buffalo. wasn't delayed by previous game going to overtime either. idiotic.
                I know the answer is TV but here is the schedule for basketball games today:
                12:15, 2:45, 5:15, 6:10, 7:10, 7:40, 8:40, 9:40

You couldn't move 1 or 2 of those games earlier? It's all about the student athletes right?

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  I know the answer is TV but here is the schedule for basketball games today:
                  12:15, 2:45, 5:15, 6:10, 7:10, 7:40, 8:40, 9:40

You couldn't move 1 or 2 of those games earlier? It's all about the student athletes right?
                  That's 6:40p for west coast viewers!!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Lot of rage against BC from otherwise 'smart' Dave Starman. His Hobey pick? Not Goudreau. His Frozen Four? BC won't be in it. If he's right, he'll remind us of it. If he isn't, we'll remind him.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

i can't fault him for thinking uml will win the regional. him picking dowd over gaudreau for hobey...that's another story. that's flat out idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        i can't fault him for thinking uml will win the regional. him picking dowd over gaudreau for hobey...that's another story. that's flat out idiotic.
                        I had to look this guy up because I had never heard of him. This Nic Dowd has 39 points. He's a defenseman right? Nope, he's a forward. Gaudreau had 39 points by 1/10/14.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Anyone who doesn't vote Gaudreau this year should have their vote revoked

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            anyone who doesn't vote gaudreau this year should have their vote revoked
                            qft
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

horrible grouping for BC.

Comment

horrible grouping for BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X