Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech @ Minnesota State let's wrap this up........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech @ Minnesota State let's wrap this up........

Tech needs points to stay home, MSU playing for the league, I knew this would mean something when I saw the schedule out with this pairing for the last two games. I hope Mel has a something little special prepared for this weekend.

Go Tech, make it happen!

Re: Michigan Tech @ Minnesota State let's wrap this up........

Should be fun. If we're going to get the McNaughton, we have to beat the WCHA team with the most seniority. That seems appropriate.

Comment

I'll be attending this series and it should be some great hockey. Both teams have something to fight for. I wonder if the MacNaughton will be in attendance...
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Alright Mankato... We helped you, now you help us... We want 3rd. Help us make it happen.
        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Go Mankato!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I wonder if the MacNaughton will be in attendance...
            Nope. To repeat a joke from another thread, it's in the back of Potulny's minivan.

Comment

Tech's top 2 lines have been set with David Johnstone getting back from injury.

Interesting to see if our top 2 lines can set the tempo and press MSU. We need a big weekend from Alex Petan who has been a bit quiet after carrying the team through the mid of the year.

They are up against a very good team and that should be all the motivation needed to show up big both nights.

Tech has two very capable, but streaky goalies. I would believe Phoenix Copley gets the start on Friday. This is going to be a tough week waiting to get this one going.

Comment

I said a few weeks ago I wasn't bothering to go to this series anymore. Apparently my fiance still wants to go though, for a fun night away from home, to drink and have a good time. Not sure if we are actually going though. I don't want to go unless we go with other people, so we'll see. I think I'd still rather go to the state championship game. Better hockey.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I said a few weeks ago I wasn't bothering to go to this series anymore. Apparently my fiance still wants to go though, for a fun night away from home, to drink and have a good time. Not sure if we are actually going though. I don't want to go unless we go with other people, so we'll see. I think I'd still rather go to the state championship game. Better hockey.
                  I considered going, but I'm staying in hotels a lot lately. Also, I can not stay sober enough to drive back. Not in Mankato.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Might be up for it...haven't been to a live game yet this year (or to Mankato for hockey).
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Tech's top 2 lines have been set with David Johnstone getting back from injury.

Interesting to see if our top 2 lines can set the tempo and press MSU. We need a big weekend from Alex Petan who has been a bit quiet after carrying the team through the mid of the year.

They are up against a very good team and that should be all the motivation needed to show up big both nights.

Tech has two very capable, but streaky goalies. I would believe Phoenix Copley gets the start on Friday. This is going to be a tough week waiting to get this one going.
                      The only team I've seen set the tempo against the Mavericks is Minnesota. I'd be surprised if Tech was able to accomplish this feat as well. Tech can beat the Mavs if they are good special teams wise and get good goaltending.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I considered going, but I'm staying in hotels a lot lately. Also, I can not stay sober enough to drive back. Not in Mankato.
                        Well, we're planning on staying the night, so no driving. But I understand the staying in hotels alot thing, happens to me too.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          The only team I've seen set the tempo against the Mavericks is Minnesota. I'd be surprised if Tech was able to accomplish this feat as well.
                          I like our chances as well, but Tech does share one thing in common with Minnesota - a lot of speed among their forwards, at least on the first 2 lines. Petan, Johnstone, Kero, Neville all can really move. They're not Rau, Kloos, Warning, Cammarata, etc., but they're good and quick. I'm really looking forward to this series, for the hockey as well as for the significance of it to both programs.

Comment

Neville is the center of the third line and the fastest of all skates with him in CJ Eick.
                            Tech has been rotating in the second line LW as senior Ryan Furne has been scratched recently.
                            To win, Tech needs all 4 lines vs MSU with production from the top 2.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              I like our chances as well, but Tech does share one thing in common with Minnesota - a lot of speed among their forwards, at least on the first 2 lines. Petan, Johnstone, Kero, Neville all can really move. They're not Rau, Kloos, Warning, Cammarata, etc., but they're good and quick. I'm really looking forward to this series, for the hockey as well as for the significance of it to both programs.
                              They have some speed, yes, but they're a middling WCHA team on the road. If the Mavericks can't sweep the Huskies with what's on the line this weekend, they don't deserve to hoist the MacNaughton.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                              X