Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO @ tUMD: This series will be a Blais!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO @ tUMD: This series will be a Blais!

This will be a hot series. The team that will be on fire the most will win. Hopefully UMD can burn UNO for a split...

To be honest I'd rather have UMD play on the road given that they have a better road record than a home record.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: UNO @ tUMD: This series will be a Blais!

Not sure what's more surprising... that UNO has a legitimate chance to get their name on the first Penrose, or that tUMD actually has the better chance of the two of making the NCAAs.

Obviously cheering for tUMD to hopefully eliminate UNO's chances of a title, but also would love to see them have home ice so they can stay in Duluth where they haven't swept all year.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

UNO is not getting a share of the Penrose. Even if the Mavs sweep the Bullpuppies, with the teams they are playing SCSU and UND aren't both going to pee down their legs.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        UNO is not getting a share of the Penrose. Even if the Mavs sweep the Bullpuppies, with the teams they are playing SCSU and UND aren't both going to pee down their legs.
        I believe it was PT Barnum who said, "No one ever went broke betting on SCSU to pee themselves."

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          I believe it was PT Barnum who said, "No one ever went broke betting on SCSU to pee themselves."
          I believe it was JA Bailey who said, "That's only half of the equation, UNO still isn't winning the league."
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Not sure what's more surprising... that UNO has a legitimate chance to get their name on the first Penrose, or that tUMD actually has the better chance of the two of making the NCAAs.

Obviously cheering for tUMD to hopefully eliminate UNO's chances of a title, but also would love to see them have home ice so they can stay in Duluth where they haven't swept all year.
            Sounds a good first time to do it!

...although I'd be completely fine if they didn't get home ice. They just play better on the road.
            Last edited by Biddco; 03-02-2014, 10:12 AM.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              I have a full understanding of SCSU's late-season swoons, but it is my belief you are a Mankato fan. Ummm... you're like the one school's fanbase (and UAA) that can't say anything.

Now I could be wrong, maybe you're a UNO fan too. And last night's victory brought UNO's March record since they departed from the CCHA to 3-14.

Big boy schools can take shots at us for choking down the stretch. You can hush.

Still no update on Brady?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                I have a full understanding of SCSU's late-season swoons, but it is my belief you are a Mankato fan. Ummm... you're like the one school's fanbase (and UAA) that can't say anything.

Now I could be wrong, maybe you're a UNO fan too. And last night's victory brought UNO's March record since they departed from the CCHA to 3-14.

Big boy schools can take shots at us for choking down the stretch. You can hush.

Still no update on Brady?
                Really, I don't know what our past record in March has to do with this season.

Brady was scratched from both games with CC this weekend. Haven't heard any more about his being dinged up than I heard before.

SCSU and North Dakota would be a lot better off if they take care of business on their own. If UNO ends up in a tie with either team at the end, UNO owns the third tiebreaker against North Dakota by virtue of having a 14 to 12 goals scored advantage in the two team's split this season. And, it would go down to the 4th tiebreaker against SCSU and that one is unpredictable since it's based on the final standings and records against those teams in the order of final finish.

In the FYI category. Massa was better, by far, on Saturday night than he was in the previous night's shut-out of CC. It was probably his finest collegiate game. He looked like an actual goalie, including making actual key saves! (snark). I sure wouldn't mind going into the post season with a hot goalie.

It would make for a mighty interesting Saturday night next weekend if UNO won Friday night in Duluth and both SCSU and North Dakota lost that same night, though. That would have me driving to Duluth early on Saturday morning.

I like SCSU chances a bit more than North Dakota's here. Colorado College has NOTHING to play for in that series. Their lot in the tournament is cast. Western Michigan, on the other hand, has a whole lot more to play for and ought to be very motivated.

Actually, as a UNO fan, I don't know that I wouldn't be a tad embarrassed if we won the season title. Our non-conference record (3-7-0) is a complete joke. If we won it, it would fuel a lot more of "the NCHC sucks" (this season, anyway) talk. If we were to get our first ever conference title it would sure be a lot more preferable to get a "prettier" one than this potentially would be.

One thing to hang our hats on. We have a Head Coach that has been there, done this, a whole bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Really, I don't know what our past record in March has to do with this season.

Brady was scratched from both games with CC this weekend. Haven't heard any more about his being dinged up than I heard before.

SCSU and North Dakota would be a lot better off if they take care of business on their own. If UNO ends up in a tie with either team at the end, UNO owns the third tiebreaker against North Dakota by virtue of having a 14 to 12 goals scored advantage in the two team's split this season. And, it would go down to the 4th tiebreaker against SCSU and that one is unpredictable since it's based on the final standings and records against those teams in the order of final finish.

In the FYI category. Massa was better, by far, on Saturday night than he was in the previous night's shut-out of CC. It was probably his finest collegiate game. He looked like an actual goalie, including making actual key saves! (snark). I sure wouldn't mind going into the post season with a hot goalie.

It would make for a mighty interesting Saturday night next weekend if UNO won Friday night in Duluth and both SCSU and North Dakota lost that same night, though. That would have me driving to Duluth early on Saturday morning.

I like SCSU chances a bit more than North Dakota's here. Colorado College has NOTHING to play for in that series. Their lot in the tournament is cast. Western Michigan, on the other hand, has a whole lot more to play for and ought to be very motivated.

Actually, as a UNO fan, I don't know that I wouldn't be a tad embarrassed if we won the season title. Our non-conference record (3-7-0) is a complete joke. If we won it, it would fuel a lot more of "the NCHC sucks" (this season, anyway) talk. If we were to get our first ever conference title it would sure be a lot more preferable to get a "prettier" one than this potentially would be.

One thing to hang our hats on. We have a Head Coach that has been there, done this, a whole bunch.
                  Your March record has nothing to do with this year's team. Just like all those years SCSU went one and done in the NCAAs has nothing to do with our current team. Just saying if MN or UND fans wanna give us grief that's one thing, but a MSUM or MSUM/UNO fan needs to check his own backyard.

Hope Brady is back and healthy this weekend, REALLY hope he is ready to go in the 1st round.

Actually, if it goes a three-way tie, assuming it gets there with either UND and SCSU splitting and UNO sweeping or UND and SCSU lose and tie and have the same shootout result as UNO winning and tying, then UND is the 1 seed with their 14/15 wins vs. SCSU and UNO's 13/14. Now, odd scenario, but if UND gets in two ties and wins one of the two shootouts, SCSU splits with a W and a L, and UNO sweeps, then all 3 teams would have 14 wins and SCSU would be the 1 seed as their record against the other two 4-2-0 trumps UND's 3-5-0 and UNO's 3-3-0.

While CC does technically have nothing to play for, how many times have we seen teams with nothing on the line pull off wins? Heck, we see it in the pros when an NFL team that is 3-12 actually HURTS their team by lowering their draft pick the next year. I too like the fact that we get CC, but on the road, I don't expect the Tigers to roll over. But I do understand that hosting WMU and going to tUMD when those two have home ice on the line is more of a challenge.

And trust me, there's no embarrassment there. SCSU had bad non-conference results last year and was actually a threat to win a share of the MacNaughton and not make the NCAAs. Hardware's hardware

Comment

UMD is a tournament bubble team at the moment, I see.

I haven't taken a careful look at Pairwise.

Would a sweep of UNO get you off the bubble, maybe? My guess is, probably not. If that PLUS home ice is on the line for you guys then you obviously have even more to play for than we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                      UMD is a tournament bubble team at the moment, I see.

I haven't taken a careful look at Pairwise.

Would a sweep of UNO get you off the bubble, maybe? My guess is, probably not. If that PLUS home ice is on the line for you guys then you obviously have even more to play for than we do.
                      I don't think a sweep would do a whole lot because UMD already is 2-0 against UNO and have won that comparison. It's mostly about the other teams they have played and how they do. tOSU losing today meant they wouldn't climb a spot in the PWR. If UMD can get the Frozen Faceoff with a sweep then maybe they'll be within the top 16. It's gonna be tough for them to make it because of their four game losing streak against SCSU and UND.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Doesn't anyone want to make UNO dorm related fire jokes with me

Hopefully this post will light a fire in someone's ***...
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Doesn't anyone want to make UNO dorm related fire jokes with me

Hopefully this post will light a fire in someone's ***...
                          Careful, we don't want anyone to confuse that burning sensation for the aftermath of some good salsa.

Ok, I'll bite.
                          How many smoking idiots does it take to put out a cigarette? just one.

I guess it's ok to joke about since nobody died. One firefighter went to the hospital though. He's ok.

Our boys do have plenty to win for. #13

Actually all the teams close to the top have plenty to win for. I'd rather see UNO get a better seed because they won instead of someone else losing. I don't see and slack teams in this equation either. One thing I'd like to see is for the NCHC to expand to 10 teams. I just don't see anyone except for Air Force and maybe Northern Michigan that I'd want. It's been fun watching this first season play out. The visiting fans have been great to see.
                          Last edited by MAVFANJEFF; 03-03-2014, 04:25 PM.
                          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                            Careful, we don't want anyone to confuse that burning sensation for the aftermath of some good salsa.

Ok, I'll bite.
                            How many smoking idiots does it take to put out a cigarette? just one.

I guess it's ok to joke about since nobody died. One firefighter went to the hospital though. He's ok.

Our boys do have plenty to win for. #13

Actually all the teams close to the top have plenty to win for. I'd rather see UNO get a better seed because they won instead of someone else losing. I don't see and slack teams in this equation either. One thing I'd like to see is for the NCHC to expand to 10 teams. I just don't see anyone except for Air Force and maybe Northern Michigan that I'd want. It's been fun watching this first season play out. The visiting fans have been great to see.
                            Exactly. It was funny seeing UNO folks on twitter get upset. It's not like anyone last every single one of their possessions. I'd guess almost everyone had some things at their parents place or don't own furniture.

It's gonna be some good hockey, both teams are gonna be hungry (especially UNO). They won't forget the game that UMD stole from them in January. I don't want UMD to get home ice and it looks like that will happen... Need at least a split to have a shot at NCAA's (which is more than likely dead but this guy is gonna febiley believe.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

As Betty White would say, I'm not on the twitter. There are plenty of high strung uptight snooty people in Omaha. This place has gone from a blue collar town to a white collar town in the last 30 years.
                              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Working...
                              X