Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU @ CC Mar 7 & 8: Can You Take Me High Enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ CC Mar 7 & 8: Can You Take Me High Enough?

Originally posted by Duder View Post
    The rest of the nation must think we really suck.
    They didn't before?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Any CC fans out there want to chimein on how your team has been lately?
      They seem to be playing a little better and have picked up a few wins in the last month.
      What's been different from the first half?
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

That figures... I get home from work and way more recent posts from the UND @ SCSU series that's already over vs. SCSU @ CC that's upcoming
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I'm more intrigued by where I can watch "I, Frankenstein" online than the CC Tigers.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Any CC fans out there want to chimein on how your team has been lately?
            They seem to be playing a little better and have picked up a few wins in the last month.
            What's been different from the first half?
            I think the only CC fan left is the guy who wants to FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!!!! and even he hasn't been around much this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
              I think the only CC fan left is the guy who wants to... steal my wife and children...
              We are here, watching... waiting... Any SCUM fans making it out this weekend?
              Originally posted by vizoroo
              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
              Originally posted by duper
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
              Originally posted by dggoddard
              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                We are here, watching... waiting... Any SCUM fans making it out this weekend?
                Nah. I don't smoke.

Comment

I hope the games are better then this thread. Also, a friendly reminder Husky fans, if you purchase, remember it is illegal to carry accross state lines.
                  SCSU!

Comment

CC isn't as bad as their record, but they aren't great. Their biggest problem is they don't play all 60 minutes, they typically will play 2 decent periods and have 1 where they fall apart. If you look at game results they have a whole ton of 1 goal losses and OT losses to go with all the ties. They do lay an occasional egg like Fri. at UNO, but that was kind of expected after the sweep of DU. They are probably a .500 team if they show up for 60 minutes more often, but at this point in the season that seems unlikely to change.

For those coming hoping to smoke, no recreational pot shops in Colorado Springs, Pueblo would be the closest option I think.

Comment

I'll be tuning in to the games, but I'll probably turn it off for the second half of the second period. The Huskies have been pretty bad in that part of the game for some reason. They're outscoring their opponents 39-22 in the first and 35-24 in the third, but are 40-40 in the second. If they broke it down by clock time, I think you'd find the 30-40 minute stretch is much worse than the 20-30 minute stretch.

The good news is, the second period is also CC's worst. They've also given up 40 goals, but have only scored 17 (two of which came in the second game at St. Cloud).

The big thing I'm watching is CC's ability to stop SCSU's offense. They did a decent job earlier in the year, but St. Cloud has really picked up the scoring since then. Meanwhile, CC has only done better than three goals three times this season. SCSU nearly averages four goals a game and has done better than three goals 14 times so far this year. If this series becomes a shootout, SCSU will walk away with it easily. If CC gets into penalty trouble, SCSU will walk away with it easily. CC needs to stay out of the box, clamp it down defensively, and crank up the intensity the second half of the second period. If they do that, they'll steal points.
                      scsuhockey.com
                      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                        I'll be tuning in to the games, but I'll probably turn it off for the second half of the second period. The Huskies have been pretty bad in that part of the game for some reason. They're outscoring their opponents 39-22 in the first and 35-24 in the third, but are 40-40 in the second. If they broke it down by clock time, I think you'd find the 30-40 minute stretch is much worse than the 20-30 minute stretch.

The good news is, the second period is also CC's worst. They've also given up 40 goals, but have only scored 17 (two of which came in the second game at St. Cloud).

The big thing I'm watching is CC's ability to stop SCSU's offense. They did a decent job earlier in the year, but St. Cloud has really picked up the scoring since then. Meanwhile, CC has only done better than three goals three times this season. SCSU nearly averages four goals a game and has done better than three goals 14 times so far this year. If this series becomes a shootout, SCSU will walk away with it easily. If CC gets into penalty trouble, SCSU will walk away with it easily. CC needs to stay out of the box, clamp it down defensively, and crank up the intensity the second half of the second period. If they do that, they'll steal points.
                        Sounds like they come out pumped up and ready to go. Get a lead in the first half of the game then get complacent for the rest of the 2nd. Get yelle at between the 2nd and 3rd and finish out the game. Pretty similar to the Gophers actually.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          CC isn't as bad as their record, but they aren't great.
                          In March, everyone is as good/bad as their record.

Comment

JUST. WIN. FRIDAY.

Then win Saturday too.
                            SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              In March, everyone is as good/bad as their record.
                              Let me try this another way then....their record is more a reflection of their effort than their skill. At this point yes, it seems that their effort throughout the season is about what they'll give, but they did manage to actually pull it together and play all 120 minutes against DU a couple weeks ago. They don't have much to play for this weekend, so I am guessing there will be one tight game and they get blown out one game.

Comment

SCSU Road Mantra: JWF
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X