This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Records mean absolutely nothing in a rivalry game. Anything and everything will happen this weekend. Game on!
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Records mean absolutely nothing in a rivalry game. Anything and everything will happen this weekend. Game on!
      Truth about anything can happen, Shane Lovdahl once had a 4-point game against UAF.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Truth about anything can happen, Shane Lovdahl once had a 4-point game against UAF.
        I got no problem with saving your best stuff for those yahoo's up north. I seem to only remember the house of horrors that barn is becoming for us. Perfect time to stop this is now, I wonder who will get the starts for us? Kamal and Gundy both weren't stellar last weekend, nor were they bad enough to not get a start this weekend. This might be the last chance our senior goaltenders play against UA_, or do you throw Mattyice, (See what I did there, I know you Atlanta Falcons fans will get it) the young kid into the fire and see what he can do?
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

I got no problem with saving your best stuff for those yahoo's up north. I seem to only remember the house of horrors that barn is becoming for us. Perfect time to stop this is now, I wonder who will get the starts for us? Kamal and Gundy both weren't stellar last weekend, nor were they bad enough to not get a start this weekend. This might be the last chance our senior goaltenders play against UA_, or do you throw Mattyice, (See what I did there, I know you Atlanta Falcons fans will get it) the young kid into the fire and see what he can do?
          I would consider the Carlson Center anything but a "House of Horrors". I mean, it is horrible, just not a horror.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'd personally go with Kamal ... he has had more of the hot hand this season. It's great to see UAA taking a motor coach up north for the UAA students. It's about time something like this happened!! I hope they fill it up.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              It's great to see UAA taking a motor coach up north for the UAA students. It's about time something like this happened!! I hope they fill it up.
              Great! Hope it works out well for our students.
              Any idea of the schedule? Where they would spend the night, etc.?
              How do the UA_ students do when they come here?
              I know college age kids can get pretty inventive.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                Glad to hear they're coming! Should make the atmosphere that much better. Alaska's effort was coordinated, including a block of rooms at one of the hotels in Anchorage, typically the Hilton Garden Inn or the Sheraton were the two locations when I was involved.
                Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Great! Hope it works out well for our students.
                  Any idea of the schedule? Where they would spend the night, etc.?
                  They have a discount set up at the Westmark for the travelers.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                    Glad to hear they're coming! Should make the atmosphere that much better. Alaska's effort was coordinated, including a block of rooms at one of the hotels in Anchorage, typically the Hilton Garden Inn or the Sheraton were the two locations when I was involved.
                    And I'm assuming the old register 2 people to a room and sneak the other 6 in?
                    Makes the trip almost affordable.

Comment

And I'm assuming the old register 2 people to a room and sneak the other 6 in?
                      Makes the trip almost affordable.
                      Depends. Students were left to their own devices to arrange accommodations. Transportation to/from Anchorage, and the sullivan, as well as game tickets and bus snacks were what was included with the $50 price tag.
                      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

It's great to see UAA taking a motor coach up north for the UAA students.
                        Copycats.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          Copycats.
                          Kinda like UA_ giving out cowbells to their fans?
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                            Depends. Students were left to their own devices to arrange accommodations. Transportation to/from Anchorage, and the sullivan, as well as game tickets and bus snacks were what was included with the $50 price tag.
                            What a rip off! It's costing UAA students $25.00, and they get a breakfast at Gorsuch Commons, a box lunch on the motor coach, tickets, and a shuttle to and from each game. What a deal! Wish it was for those who aren't students as well!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What a rip off! It's costing UAA students $25.00, and they get a breakfast at Gorsuch Commons, a box lunch on the motor coach, tickets, and a shuttle to and from each game. What a deal! Wish it was for those who aren't students as well!!
                              I wish it had been available when I was student. That drive in December suuuuuuuuuuuucks.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I wish it had been available when I was student. That drive in December suuuuuuuuuuuucks.
                                Yes it does. It's great to see the renewed interest in hockey. Thanks Keith Hackett!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X