X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    LOL, that's almost as funny as Drygas talking about Beck sneaking off the ice when UA_ iced the puck. He actually said that Beck was on the bench hiding behind his teammates! You can't make this stuff up. Didn't fool the striped shirts though.
    They did that gimmick on almost every icing call in all 7 games.
    Then the hullabaloo trying to get it straightened out so they got their rest anyway.
    It happened way too many times to be called anything other than a planned play.
    Butterbean had to have planned it.
    No way would it happen like that over and over and over and over and over unless it was planned.
    In the future the refs should be asked prior to the start of the game how many times that will be allowed to happen before a delay of game penalty is called.
    If phrased correctly it would at least make the refs think.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      They did that gimmick on almost every icing call in all 7 games.
      Then the hullabaloo trying to get it straightened out so they got their rest anyway.
      It happened way too many times to be called anything other than a planned play.
      Butterbean had to have planned it.
      No way would it happen like that over and over and over and over and over unless it was planned.
      In the future the refs should be asked prior to the start of the game how many times that will be allowed to happen before a delay of game penalty is called.
      If phrased correctly it would at least make the refs think.
      You're right. Refs should know ahead of time which teams are known for this. And UA_ has always done it, hence the name chicken **** hockey, dubbed by Mr. Suze.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        You're right. Refs should know ahead of time which teams are known for this. And UA_ has always done it, hence the name chicken **** hockey, dubbed by Mr. Suze.
        It's the way they always played in the Chicken Crap Hockey Association............ Hard to break old habits.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Chris told me he """very politely""" told them we ended their season.
          And that's the Gods truth.
          The seawolves did end UAF's season, but I find it funny that Kamal is on the bench saying it. He had the least to do with it, last game he played the Nanooks scored 7 goals. He is doing a great job warming the bench though. Gunderson played great, kamal not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            Regardless of anything else; a stop must be made to the horrendous UAF broadcasts. Nope, Bruce and Erik are fine (Erik does hellaciously less "Umm" "Uhhh" than he used to) but what/whoever is responsible for making viewers watch AND listen to every single piece of university PR and crowd promotions MUST be stopped. Having to listen to their rink announcer be a cheerleader is equally unacceptable (also patently offensive to the milieux of college hockey).

This crap must stop. Look, I understand we are watching the same "Feed" as is used in the barn ... but that's just not acceptable. It might have been fine for the CCHA bus league but this isn't that league and a continuation is indefensible.
            So now we are in the kindergarten league where you are gonna cry about everything that you dont like? If you don't wanna see that then don't watch games played in fairbanks. I don't think what seawolf fans do or do not like really matters. Just keep letting us know what irritates you and we'll work on making it better, to annoy you more.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
              The seawolves did end UAF's season, but I find it funny that Kamal is on the bench saying it. He had the least to do with it, last game he played the Nanooks scored 7 goals. He is doing a great job warming the bench though. Gunderson played great, kamal not so much.
              You kinda sound like maybe you were one of the spectators Chris """very politely""" told that our "team" not an individual put an end to your season.
              And who was a huge part of getting us the seed so we could end your season? Kamal the Wall
              The mighty Seawolves are playing in Grand Rapids in the Final 4ive this Friday. Where are your dump bears playing? Oh that's right Kamal and the rest of the mighty Seawolves eliminated, ended, finished your season for you on your home ice in your own barn.
              I suppose you prefer a coward trying to hide on the bench on an icing call. Sheeesh!!!
              Enough of your drivel. Loser!

Comment

You kinda sound like maybe you were one of the spectators Chris """very politely""" told that our "team" not an individual put an end to your season.
                And who was a huge part of getting us the seed so we could end your season? Kamal the Wall
                The mighty Seawolves are playing in Grand Rapids in the Final 4ive this Friday. Where are your dump bears playing? Oh that's right Kamal and the rest of the mighty Seawolves eliminated, ended, finished your season for you on your home ice in your own barn.
                I suppose you prefer a coward trying to hide on the bench on an icing call. Sheeesh!!!
                Enough of your drivel. Loser!
                Isn't it time for you to quit focusing on us and instead focus on the reaming for Friday night?
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Oh God, get over yourself and, once again, take off the tin foil hat.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Shhhhhhh. That's the sound you hear when nobody cares what you have to say!
                    You cared enough to put it in bold.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Isn't it time for you to quit focusing on us and instead focus on the reaming for Friday night?
                      Some jerk disparages one of our players, and not just any player but one of our star seniors, someone who has put 4 years of his life into making Seawolf hockey better, someone who bounced the golden rodents out of the playoffs a couple of years ago and you expect me to just let that asshat slide?
                      No way!
                      His ignorance is appalling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        It's the way they always played in the Chicken Crap Hockey Association............ Hard to break old habits.
                        Cup Cake Hockey Association. Old age getting the best of that memory?

Comment

Some jerk disparages one of our players, and not just any player but one of our star seniors, someone who has put 4 years of his life into making Seawolf hockey better, someone who bounced the golden rodents out of the playoffs a couple of years ago and you expect me to just let that asshat slide?
                          No way!
                          Please...some of your brethren try to make a living out of disparaging our players and coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Please...some of your brethren try to make a living out of disparaging our players and coach.
                            What sort of return are they getting on that effort?

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              What sort of return are they getting on that effort?
                              I had to cede the prime spot at Benson and A Street to Alaska Hockey as a result of the loss (or win, depending on your perspective).

Comment

No way!
                                Kamal sucks. Oooops sorry did that offend you? I would never mean to talk bad about your baby. Seawolf players sure are lucky to have such protective mommys to stand up for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X