X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Hi. Yeah, really late to this party.

Does anyone know where there is some video/ audio of game 3? Frankly, the lack of coverage of this series from the Anchorage side is appalling. Essentially a game 7 being played between Alaska's two D1 teams and Doyle Woody decides to cover an Aces regular season game???? Also like how ADN.com tried to bury this game behind 1A High School Basketball (no disrespect for the villages) And KTUU, no video from this game one of their own sports anchors called the best hockey game he's seen in a long time!?!? Did appreciate the interview Channel 11 did with Matt Thomas but no game footage as well.

I will give Fairbanks credit as they make the UAF team very accessible between YouTube, Daily News-Miner, and whoever is running the Nanooks Hockey Blog on Twitter (How I was following the game. Great job BTW). I wish Anchorage would take as much pride into their college hockey team as Fairbanks does theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      I didn't think the Nanooks did interviews during the game, granted I don't sit by the locker rooms but I've only ever heard pre-recorded interviews that Bruce does before the game and then broadcasts it during intermissions.
      If you have watched the UAA broadcasts, they interview players in between periods as they are coming off the ice. Then they interview the coach after the game. In between periods Haider and Tuttle recap the period for viewers and/or listeners. None of that happens at _airbanks. It'd be nice to see some of that.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The game is archived with the on-demand service from GCI

Comment

Originally posted by buy_odins_beer View Post

Does anyone know where there is some video/ audio of game 3? Frankly, the lack of coverage of this series from the Anchorage side is appalling. Essentially a game 7 being played between Alaska's two D1 teams and Doyle Woody decides to cover an Aces regular season game???? Also like how ADN.com tried to bury this game behind 1A High School Basketball (no disrespect for the villages) And KTUU, no video from this game one of their own sports anchors called the best hockey game he's seen in a long time!?!? Did appreciate the interview Channel 11 did with Matt Thomas but no game footage as well.

I will give Fairbanks credit as they make the UAF team very accessible between YouTube, Daily News-Miner, and whoever is running the Nanooks Hockey Blog on Twitter (How I was following the game. Great job BTW). I wish Anchorage would take as much pride into their college hockey team as Fairbanks does theirs.
          UAA covers the game via Twitter and Facebook. In fact, you can see a video replay of all their goals on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Alaska.Anchorage.Seawolves

I watched excellent video coverage on channel 2 and channel 11. Last night on The Show, Charlie had a good segment on the game as well. The games were on GCI channel 1 and they were shown at the Crossbar in Anchorage. As far as the coverage by Doyle Woody and the news stations, UAA has little to do with that.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
            The refs were awful as well, go ahead and say that of course the UA_ fans will blame the refs...but it's BS, the goal that was called off cause the net came off was horsesh*t, net came off after the puck went in.
            Since I listened to Kurt while watching this game, I went back and watched the replay of the two waived off goals to see what Bruce and Erik had to say about them. I found it very interesting that they felt the UA_ goal should have been waived off because the net was off before the puck was in the net. Also, Erik was adamant that from where he was sitting, nobody touched the puck (no high stick) in front of the net, and the UAA goal should have counted.

I didn't think that would be the case, but I am very shocked by how neutral Erik was during the game. Nice to see.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post

I watched excellent video coverage on channel 2 and channel 11. Last night on The Show, Charlie had a good segment on the game as well. The games were on GCI channel 1 and they were shown at the Crossbar in Anchorage. As far as the coverage by Doyle Woody and the news stations, UAA has little to do with that.
              Thanks for the heads up. Hoped someone who knew where to look would help out. As for Doyle Woody, I still think he has some grudge against UAA but thats for another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                Well unless Keeney, Cahill or Jones graduates (I hear Cahill is eligible to graduate this year though) then we aren't getting a new goalie for at least one more season when Keeney graduates.
                Isn't Keeney a sophomore?
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by buy_odins_beer View Post

Alright, first off, Doyle Woody never travels for either UAA or the Aces. The ADN sucks and is broke so he has to cover both from Anchorage.

Now, as for TV, Ch. 2 and Ch. 11 were both live from Fairbanks all three nights. That's not cheap but they made the trip and provided coverage.

UAA provides coverage on their Facebook page and their Twitter @UAAHockey.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Alright, first off, Doyle Woody never travels for either UAA or the Aces. The ADN sucks and is broke so he has to cover both from Anchorage.

Now, as for TV, Ch. 2 and Ch. 11 were both live from Fairbanks all three nights. That's not cheap but they made the trip and provided coverage.

UAA provides coverage on their Facebook page and their Twitter @UAAHockey.
                    I get not traveling to Minnesota or Michigan, but its Fairbanks. Have flights between Anchorage and Fairbanks become that ridiculous? (That's more rhetorical. Still, you'd think the one time it would be reasonable and plausible to send a reporter to Fairbanks ADN would pony up.)

And yes, Ch. 2 and 11 sent reporters and did broadcasts, you have to look a little but they have some footage on their websites. And I found the @UAAHockey twitter, but nonetheless @NanookHockey was very entertaining and worth the follow. The UAF Hockey YouTube channel also put up highlights so you can see every goal.

I'll go ahead and throw away this 'Anchorage doesn't care about UAA hockey' letter.

Comment

Here's the highlights on the WCHA YouTube channel:

Game 1
                      Game 2
                      Game 3

Thing I noticed in the Game 3 highlights, watch the UAA bench at the end right at the horn. Kamal and Williams are doing some serious chirping with the fans on the glass, Kamal especially. Love to know what happened there...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Here's the highlights on the WCHA YouTube channel:

Game 1
                        Game 2
                        Game 3

Thing I noticed in the Game 3 highlights, watch the UAA bench at the end right at the horn. Kamal and Williams are doing some serious chirping with the fans on the glass, Kamal especially. Love to know what happened there...
                        Ahh, gotta love this rivalry. Also notice the UA_ fan who tries to throw something over the glass into the UAA players bench.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I saw that too! Did anyone notice them before the end of game 3? I'm sure the players loved giving them a big slice of humble pie.

Comment

• Originally posted by buy_odins_beer View Post
                            I saw that too! Did anyone notice them before the end of game 3? I'm sure the players loved giving them a big slice of humble pie.
                            I saw one instance in Game 2 but not much else.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by buy_odins_beer View Post
                              And that they did, in spades. As Woody said, it doesn't get any better than ending your rivals season ... on their home ice.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Chris told me he """very politely""" told them we ended their season.
                                And that's the Gods truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X