X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Regardless of anything else; a stop must be made to the horrendous UAF broadcasts. Nope, Bruce and Erik are fine (Erik does hellaciously less "Umm" "Uhhh" than he used to) but what/whoever is responsible for making viewers watch AND listen to every single piece of university PR and crowd promotions MUST be stopped. Having to listen to their rink announcer be a cheerleader is equally unacceptable (also patently offensive to the milieux of college hockey).

This crap must stop. Look, I understand we are watching the same "Feed" as is used in the barn ... but that's just not acceptable. It might have been fine for the CCHA bus league but this isn't that league and a continuation is indefensible.
    I totally agree with you ... gasp! Their camera guys also need to do a better job. I didn't even get to see our goal that was waived off because the camera didn't follow the puck. That happened a lot. And it sure would be nice to hear player and coach interviews between periods and after the game as well.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Congratulations to UAA, and good luck this weekend. I hate that you beat us, but a rivalry where both teams are strong benefits us both. A good enemy makes a team more interesting to recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I totally agree with you ... gasp! Their camera guys also need to do a better job. I didn't even get to see our goal that was waived off because the camera didn't follow the puck. That happened a lot. And it sure would be nice to hear player and coach interviews between periods and after the game as well.
        The radio broadcast has a coaches interview before the game. It used to be that the post game presser was part of the overall broadcast but that seems to have gone away. Plans are afoot to move to a more traditional TV broadcast, from what I am told.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Wondering View Post
          Congratulations to UAA, and good luck this weekend. I hate that you beat us, but a rivalry where both teams are strong benefits us both. A good enemy makes a team more interesting to recruits.
          I would echo this sentiment. I'd be all for a world where we were 1-2 in the WCHA every year.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            I would echo this sentiment. I'd be all for a world where we were 1-2 in the WCHA every year.
            UAA 1st
            UA_ 2nd
            Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              UAA 1st
              UA_ 2nd
              Couldn't agree more!
              Of course then we'd have to listen to the constant whining about "we have to get off the bus and ride in an airplane?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                Of course then we'd have to listen to the constant whining about "we have to get off the bus and ride in an airplane?"
                We don't already?

Comment

Just for the fun of it, sincerely, I'd really enjoy it if you would come and join us as my guest at The Crossroads Friday when we conquer the Ferris Wheel.
                  And next year I'll join you up there in Palinville or whatever they call it, at the venue of your choice, when UAA is the number 1 seed and UA_ is the number 2 seed at the Final 4ive.
                  And that's a promise!

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    The radio broadcast has a coaches interview before the game. It used to be that the post game presser was part of the overall broadcast but that seems to have gone away. Plans are afoot to move to a more traditional TV broadcast, from what I am told.
                    UA_ broadcast is allready even up with a TV Broadcast.... Pay Out at the Pump........
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Congrats to UAA. They played well. I hope our coaches are on the recruiting trail for a goaltender. That was our Achilles heel all season. This weekend our mid season team showed up again. Until next year!
                      All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Looks like a number of the higher seeds are falling on their faces in the playoffs.
                        All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                          Congrats to UAA. They played well. I hope our coaches are on the recruiting trail for a goaltender. That was our Achilles heel all season. This weekend our mid season team showed up again. Until next year!
                          Our Achilles heel was a couple of poorly timed injuries. Cahill kept us in every game this series. We can't use injuries as an excuse, but the difference from March 7 to March 8 was significant. Kunyk and Beck were the horsepower, but Morley was the spark. It's unfortunate we couldn't replicate that spark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Our Achilles heel was a couple of poorly timed injuries. Cahill kept us in every game this series. We can't use injuries as an excuse, but the difference from March 7 to March 8 was significant. Kunyk and Beck were the horsepower, but Morley was the spark. It's unfortunate we couldn't replicate that spark.
                            I agree the injuries hurt, but looking at the entire season, we had terrible goaltending. Cahill had a nice little run at the end ( minus the stinker Saturday).

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                              Well unless Keeney, Cahill or Jones graduates (I hear Cahill is eligible to graduate this year though) then we aren't getting a new goalie for at least one more season when Keeney graduates.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                I didn't think the Nanooks did interviews during the game, granted I don't sit by the locker rooms but I've only ever heard pre-recorded interviews that Bruce does before the game and then broadcasts it during intermissions.

Comment

Working...
                                X