This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ UA_ It's Never Too Early to Start The Sports Hate

Im proud of the nooks for the way they kept battling through out the game. It was tough to see all the injuries but they fought through them. In the end it's the scoreboard that matters and unfortunately it is uaa who gets to continue playing. But I have a lot of respect for coach Tomas for talking to our players after the game and asking about injuries and wishing the seniors luck for the rest of their hockey careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nanookfan24 View Post
      Im proud of the nooks for the way they kept battling through out the game. It was tough to see all the injuries but they fought through them. In the end it's the scoreboard that matters and unfortunately it is uaa who gets to continue playing. But I have a lot of respect for coach Tomas for talking to our players after the game and asking about injuries and wishing the seniors luck for the rest of their hockey careers.
      Respectfully, that was a heck of a series both teams. 3 one goal games! You guys played well for the most part but much respect to you guys. I don't like UAF, but I do respect you guys.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Respectfully, that was a heck of a series both teams. 3 one goal games! You guys played well for the most part but much respect to you guys. I don't like UAF, but I do respect you guys.
        Ditto
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Expect to hear of some UAF seniors signing pro contracts in the next few days - if not today. Congrats to UAF and GO SEAWOLVES!
          Upper Deck Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            It's University of Average Achievers thank you very much.

I've been giving you guys that one for years and yet you guys still don't take it...
            Either one works.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              That it was. I wish we had been full strength, but it is what is and you play the cards you're dealt with this time of year. Proud of our guys for not giving up.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

How many injuries do the seawolves have going into next week?

Comment

Originally posted by Nanookfan24 View Post
                  How many injuries do the seawolves have going into next week?
                  Not exactly sure. There are a couple guys, one is finished for the season.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    Wait, when? Sure as heck wasn't this season.
                    Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Suze;5919881]Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.[QUOTE]

I just want to wish comgrats to Nanooks for a solid season! I am so happy my Seawolves won, but I know it could have easily been Alaska. I know nook fans it was a hard pill to swollow, so I am not going to kick you while you are down.

Hoping we beat Ferris on Friday!

Comment

[QUOTE=Wolfman;5919989][QUOTE=Suze;5919881]Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.

I just want to wish comgrats to Nanooks for a solid season! I am so happy my Seawolves won, but I know it could have easily been Alaska. I know nook fans it was a hard pill to swollow, so I am not going to kick you while you are down.

Hoping we beat Ferris on Friday!
                        It could have been UA_, but I am very pleased that for the majority of all the games, UAA was in the lead and UA_ was playing catch up. The boys were very focused and we got solid goal tending three nights in a row. Considering how the Saturday game against Ferris could have easily gone our way, I am encouraged for this weekend.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Wait, what? Three out of five wins in your barn isn't considered "finding a way to win" in _airbanks? Nutty girl.
                          I just assumed when someone says FU they must have made the typo in forgetting the S in FSU or that person thought it was Ferrisstate University because like I said before, the whole FU thing just isn't clever/funny/insulting. Even the UA_ is better than FU. So that was the reason for my comment about it not happening this season, because UAA did not beat FSU this season. I didn't see it as being someones attempt to be insulting.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                            Congrats to Kunyk. Now, he can move down to Anchorage, rent a place right by the arena in Fairview with Taranto, and suit up for dump bears South as early as next weekend. _airbanks fans should bring their cowbells this weekend to get him ready for next weekend.
                            http://anchorage.craigslist.org/apa/4375464146.html
                            _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                            No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              2014 Bottom line
                              Heads up Victories................UAA......UA_
                              Basketball Men’....................1..........1
                              Basketball Women’s..............2..........0
                              Volleyball............................2..........0
                              Hockey..............................4..........3
                              Hockey Alum........................1.........0
                              Great day to be a Seawolf....10..........4
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Regardless of anything else; a stop must be made to the horrendous UAF broadcasts. Nope, Bruce and Erik are fine (Erik does hellaciously less "Umm" "Uhhh" than he used to) but what/whoever is responsible for making viewers watch AND listen to every single piece of university PR and crowd promotions MUST be stopped. Having to listen to their rink announcer be a cheerleader is equally unacceptable (also patently offensive to the milieux of college hockey).

This crap must stop. Look, I understand we are watching the same "Feed" as is used in the barn ... but that's just not acceptable. It might have been fine for the CCHA bus league but this isn't that league and a continuation is indefensible.

Comment

Working...
                                X